2017 College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 College Football Discussion Thread

Not unlike last year I will be giving a conference by conference preview. I'm starting a little earlier so I should be able to go a little deeper into specific teams.

I correctly picked the top and the bottom of the Sun Belt, but was less than perfect in between (though a major factor in that is that I do not pick ties in my records, even though 11 [now 12] teams playing 8 conference games will certainly have them in their records). The top 3 will be in the fight for #1, but there is a big drop off after that. In case anybody is wondering why The Sun Belt Conference uses this format, the reason appears to be that two teams will leave after this year and there is no point in breaking down into divisions and changing back next year. My descriptions will be in alphabetical order by their informal name.

If college football worked this way, Appalachian State would be promoted up to a new conference after this season. They return 14 starters from a team that was the conference co-champion (I do not like using that word, but found it unavoidable because they did not play the team they tied) last year. They also have a favorable conference schedule having avoided Arkansas St (again) and Troy this year while getting Georgia Southern and Louisiana at home. If they can get an upset against Georgia in their opening game, this team has a chance of going undefeated and just might be playing on New Year's Day.

Arkansas St's greatest strength is their defense. More specifically their front 7 will turn any conference opponent, and perhaps a non-conference foes, into a one dimensional offense. The O-Line will have a lot of growing pains through their first four games (@Nebraska, Miami, APB, and @ SMU) as they return 0 starters from last year. Their special teams have been up and down lately and if it's up they are a threat to beat anybody in the conference, which could make their game against Troy at the end of the year very important.

The Sun Belt and the FBS welcome Coastal Carolina this year. They return only 10 starters including the punter as they step up from FCS, but their 2 losses last year were by a combined 2 points, so expect this team to go down swinging and maybe take a few upsets.

Last year Georgia Southern tried to change to a spread offense and suffered for it. This year they return 5 offensive starters, so it may be as clean a slate as the coaching staff can get as they try to goback to the flexbone, with last year's starting QB, top RB, and top WR gone. The schedule doesn't do them any favors as they draw Arkansas St, Appalachian St, and Troy, the latter two away from home. Their special teams can keep a game winnable under the right conditions.

Georgia St is bringing back 15 starters, but not their coach from a 3-9 team. It could be argued that this team underperfomed last year after a few injuries to key offensive players. If Shawn Elliot brings the intensity I expect, his team can score early and has a defensive backfield that can secure a win at the end of a game, even if his quarterback is a bit suspect.

Paul Patrino has 15 wins in his 4 years coaching at Idaho; 9 of them were earned last year. Although only 10 starters return, they include the QB, who is on pace to set school records, a TE, and 3 of 4 LBs. 4 of their 9 wins were by 7 or fewer points, so they may not quite reach the same total. Also, the +11 net turnovers also indicate this team may come back down to earth. Motivation won't be a question as this is the last year that Idaho will play FBS football.

Of Louisiana's 7 road games, 6 of them are against teams that went to bowls and the 7th is against Ole Miss (ineligible). They return some of the best linemen in the conference on both sides of the ball and a decent receiving corps. If Jordan Davis can get it together at QB, his defense may be able to get this team to the New Orleans Bowl for the 6th consecutive year (lost it last year and won the previous 4).

This year's New Mexico St team may be the most talented that Doug Martin has coached. The good news is that 9 starters return on defense, but the bad news is that the defense gave up 38.8 points per game (121 of a field of 129). Despite not getting the new guys of the conference, the schedule is manageable. I wouldn't be shocked to see this team fighting for bowl eligibility at the end of the season, but I would be a little surprised.

South Alabama is a difficult team to figure out, which may prove beneficial at the beginning of the season. Last year the defense didn't give up a lot of yards through the air (top 10 in the country), but did give up a lot on the ground (100th in the country). 8 of their 12 games were decided by 7 point or fewer.

Texas St's greatest strength by far is their LB corps with 3 of 4 members returning. They were -14 in net TOs last year, but only two of their games were even close (1 win, 1 loss). Last year's edition was below 100 in offense (yards and scoring) and defense (yards and scoring), so there is a lot of room for improvement.

Troy brings back 14 starters (8 on offense including the arguable best QB and WR in the conference) from a 10 win team. Although they avoid Appalachian St, the schedule is not their friend. They get Idaho on a short week and have to travel to Arkansas St.

ULM is under a second year coach and had net -11 turnovers last year. They return 15 starters and have a decent line on each side of the ball. All of this suggests that they should have a better record than the 4 wins they accomplished last year.

Sun Belt Prediction
    1. Appalachian St
    2. Arkansas St
    3. Troy
    4. Louisiana
    5. Idaho
    6. South Alabama
    7. Georgia Southern
    8. New Mexico St
    9. Georgia St
    10. ULM
    11. Coastal Carolina
    12. Texas St

Conference Games of Note
    Oct 7 Idaho @ Louisiana
    Oct 14 Georgia St @ ULM
    Oct 14 New Mexico St @ Georgia Southern
    Oct 28 Texas St @ Coastal Carolina
    Nov 4 Louisiana @ South Alabama
    Nov 25 Idaho @ New Mexico St
    Nov 25 Georgia Southern @ Louisiana
    Dec 2 Troy @ Arkansas St

Nonconference Games of Note
    Sept 2 Appalachian St @ Georgia
    Sept 2 Troy @ Boise St
    Sept 16 Idaho @ Western Michigan
    Sept 23 Arkansas St @ SMU
    Sept 23 Wake Forrest @ Appalachian St

Likely Playoff Contenders
    N/A
    Last edited by Sea Slug; 07-18-2017, 08:04 PM.
    If all of mankind minus one were of of one opinion, and only one person of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
    -John Stuart Mill

Re: 2017 College Football Discussion Thread

I was way off with the Mountain West last year, but in my defense, the West Division was so tightly packed after #1 I could have picked teams out of a hat and felt justified in making that the order. I could do the same thing this year come to think of it. I have no excuse for the Mountain Division except that the games aren't played on paper.

Here's an odd statistic about Air Force: they are on a 17-1 run at home. Also odd: they have 1 returning starter on defense. Most of the OL is back from an offense that produced the 3rd most rushing yards in the FBS last year, but the schedule gets harder. I do not expect them to get double digit wins again.

The 9 returning starters for Boise St will have to pull their team together, but not starting does not mean inexperienced. They do bring to the table arguably the best combos of QB-WRs in the conference and some of the best DBs in the Mountain West.

Colorado St has a new stadium and this may be the most talented team this school has put together in a while. Dalyn Dawkins might be the best RB in the Mountain West and they have a top 3 defense. Coaches generally hit their stride in their 3rd year at a school so Mike Bobo could establish himself as a high tier coach this year.

There is plenty of reason to look up for Fresno St. For one thing there is a lot of upward mobility from a 1-11 season especially when 4 of the losses were by 7 or fewer points. Bringing back 10 starters on one side of the ball (offense in this case) and an experienced coach is also a plus. Playing two nonconference games against teams that were in the playoffs last year may give them some good preparation for the subsequent conference games.

Hawai'i surprised me, and a few opponents, last year with their offense. Defensively they have yet another new coordinator and not much going for them aside from their LBs. They do get Colorado St and San Diego St at home, but traveling to Wyoming will not be easy and most of their wins last year were pretty close.

Nevada has the misfortune of drawing Boise St and Colorado St from the Mountain Division and traveling to San Diego St. They are transitioning to a new type of offense, but have a QB that may be able to handle it as well as a serviceable RB, but the defense may not be able to match that level.

New Mexico returns only 10 starters and has issues at the WR and DB positions, but were the top rushing offense in the country last year. The special teams can keep games close.

San Diego St should have a middle of the road offense for this conference, but the defense is its real strength. They also avoid the two conference foes who beat them last year. Their

San Jose St brings back 15 starters, but not their coach. There appears to still be a competition at QB. The entire offensive line returns so it is possible that the new RBs may do better than 87th in the nation.

UNLV will have a highly touted QB making his debut this year; Armani Rogers turned down offers from such schools as Washington and UCLA to get here. After a less than stellar year, losing 9 defensive starters might not be terrible.

Don't let Utah St's 3-9 record fool you. In 4 of those losses they blew 4th quarter leads and in 7 of them they lost by 7 or fewer points. Their conference away games this year (San Jose St, Air Force, UNLV, and New Mexico) are definitely winnable while they avoid San Diego St altogether.

Wyoming may offer an answer to the question of how important the QB is in football. It could be argued that the QB and DBs are the best in the conference and a few other units may be trying to avoid being considered among the worst.

Mountain West Prediction
    Mountain
    1. Boise St
    2. Colorado St
    3. Wyoming
    4. Air Force
    5. Utah St
    6. New Mexico

West
    1. San Diego St
    2. Fresno St
    3. Hawai'i
    4. UNLV
    5. Nevada
    6. San Jose St

Championship: Boise St defeats San Diego St

Conference Games of Note
    Sept 30 Air Force @ New Mexico
    Oct 14 Boise St @ San Diego St
    Oct 21 Wyoming @ Boise St
    Nov 4 Colorado St @ Wyoming
    Nov 4 Utah St @ New Mexico
    Nov 4 Hawai'i @ UNLV
    Nov 11 Fresno St @ Hawai'i
    Nov 11 San Jose St @ Nevada
    Nov 11 Boise St @ Colorado St
    Nov 25 Utah St @ Air Force
    Nov 25 UNLV @ Nevada
    Dec 1 Conference Championship

Sept. 1 Colorado vs. Colorado St @ Denver
    Sept 2 Wyoming @ Iowa
    Sept 16 Oregon @ Wyoming
    Oct 16 Boise St @ BYU
    Oct 17 Air Force @ Navy

N/A
    Last edited by Sea Slug; 07-23-2017, 07:35 PM.
    If all of mankind minus one were of of one opinion, and only one person of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
    -John Stuart Mill

Comment

I was way off with the Mountain West last year, but in my defense, the West Division was so tightly packed after #1 I could have picked teams out of a hat and felt justified in making that the order. I could do the same thing this year come to think of it. I have no excuse for the Mountain Division except that the games aren't played on paper.

Here's an odd statistic about Air Force: they are on a 17-1 run at home. Also odd: they have 1 returning starter on defense. Most of the OL is back from an offense that produced the 3rd most rushing yards in the FBS last year, but the schedule gets harder. I do not expect them to get double digit wins again.

The 9 returning starters for Boise St will have to pull their team together, but not starting does not mean inexperienced. They do bring to the table arguably the best combos of QB-WRs in the conference and some of the best DBs in the Mountain West.

Colorado St has a new stadium and this may be the most talented team this school has put together in a while. Dalyn Dawkins might be the best RB in the Mountain West and they have a top 3 defense. Coaches generally hit their stride in their 3rd year at a school so Mike Bobo could establish himself as a high tier coach this year.

There is plenty of reason to look up for Fresno St. For one thing there is a lot of upward mobility from a 1-11 season especially when 4 of the losses were by 7 or fewer points. Bringing back 10 starters on one side of the ball (offense in this case) and an experienced coach is also a plus. Playing two nonconference games against teams that were in the playoffs last year may give them some good preparation for the subsequent conference games.

Hawai'i surprised me, and a few opponents, last year with their offense. Defensively they have yet another new coordinator and not much going for them aside from their LBs. They do get Colorado St and San Diego St at home, but traveling to Wyoming will not be easy and most of their wins last year were pretty close.

Nevada has the misfortune of drawing Boise St and Colorado St from the Mountain Division and traveling to San Diego St. They are transitioning to a new type of offense, but have a QB that may be able to handle it as well as a serviceable RB, but the defense may not be able to match that level.

New Mexico returns only 10 starters and has issues at the WR and DB positions, but were the top rushing offense in the country last year. The special teams can keep games close.

San Diego St should have a middle of the road offense for this conference, but the defense is its real strength. They also avoid the two conference foes who beat them last year. Their

San Jose St brings back 15 starters, but not their coach. There appears to still be a competition at QB. The entire offensive line returns so it is possible that the new RBs may do better than 87th in the nation.

UNLV will have a highly touted QB making his debut this year; Armani Rogers turned down offers from such schools as Washington and UCLA to get here. After a less than stellar year, losing 9 defensive starters might not be terrible.

Don't let Utah St's 3-9 record fool you. In 4 of those losses they blew 4th quarter leads and in 7 of them they lost by 7 or fewer points. Their conference away games this year (San Jose St, Air Force, UNLV, and New Mexico) are definitely winnable while they avoid San Diego St altogether.

Wyoming may offer an answer to the question of how important the QB is in football. It could be argued that the QB and DBs are the best in the conference and a few other units may be trying to avoid being considered among the worst.

Mountain West Prediction
      Mountain
      1. Boise St
      2. Colorado St
      3. Wyoming
      4. Air Force
      5. Utah St
      6. New Mexico

West
      1. San Diego St
      2. Fresno St
      3. Hawai'i
      4. UNLV
      5. Nevada
      6. San Jose St

Championship: Boise St defeats San Diego St

Conference Games of Note
      Sept 30 Air Force @ New Mexico
      Oct 14 Boise St @ San Diego St
      Oct 21 Wyoming @ Boise St
      Nov 4 Colorado St @ Wyoming
      Nov 4 Utah St @ New Mexico
      Nov 4 Hawai'i @ UNLV
      Nov 11 Fresno St @ Hawai'i
      Nov 11 San Jose St @ Nevada
      Nov 11 Boise St @ Colorado St
      Nov 25 Utah St @ Air Force
      Nov 25 UNLV @ Nevada
      Dec 1 Conference Championship

Sept. 1 Colorado vs. Colorado St @ Denver
      Sept 2 Wyoming @ Iowa
      Sept 16 Oregon @ Wyoming
      Oct 16 Boise St @ BYU
      Oct 17 Air Force @ Navy

N/A
      -John Stuart Mill

Comment

I think this is the year Michigan makes it to the Championship. I think they'll lose, but not sure to whom yet.

Comment

I think this is the year Michigan makes it to the Championship. I think they'll lose, but not sure to whom yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Dat Guy View Post
            I hope Alabama falls off this year. At least out of the Playoff picture.

Still My Champ
            Thanks, surrender.

Comment

I hope Alabama falls off this year. At least out of the Playoff picture.

Still My Champ
              Thanks, surrender.

Comment

I lost my Big 10 preview last time I tried to upload it, but I believe this calls for a response other than "I hope the team everybody hates loses". Michigan has only 5 starters returning and they play Florida, who returns 14 starters first. Losing early wouldn't kill them and dropping the first one seems reasonably likely given the previous sentence. Here's an interesting statistic: Michigan's 3 losses last year were by a combined 5 points. These include a bowl and the biggest (3 points) coming at Ohio St in overtime.
                -John Stuart Mill

Comment

I lost my Big 10 preview last time I tried to upload it, but I believe this calls for a response other than "I hope the team everybody hates loses". Michigan has only 5 starters returning and they play Florida, who returns 14 starters first. Losing early wouldn't kill them and dropping the first one seems reasonably likely given the previous sentence. Here's an interesting statistic: Michigan's 3 losses last year were by a combined 5 points. These include a bowl and the biggest (3 points) coming at Ohio St in overtime.
                  -John Stuart Mill

Comment

I had already written this once and managed to lose it when I tried to post it. On a related note, I am not going to post the games of note anymore because that is a lot more hassle than it is worth.

I did pretty well picking the Big 10 last year. Sure Penn St overperformed my expectations and Michigan St underperformed, but I at least got the West perfect. The conference championship could be pivotal in determining at least one playoff team.

Indiana has a QB-WR combination that could compete with anybody. The RBs, OL, and DL not so much. Even a few injuries won't stop them as the weakest conference opponents come at the end of the season.

Illinois's WRs should make the QB look better. As much as I like Lovie Smith, his second year might not look much better than the first with only 30 lettermen returning.

Iowa has more talent on defense than on offense. The schedule maker is not their friend this year as they draw Penn St and Ohio St from the East and have to travel to Wisconsin and Nebraska.

Maryland brings back some of their most talented players from last year's 6-6 squad and a coach usually sees improvement his second year. They won't compete for the division, but they can make some noise, despite having one of the NCAA's toughest schedules.

Michigan's 3 losses last year were by a combined 5 points with the largest coming in overtime at a team that went to the playoffs. That being said, they return only 5 players, but will still field a very talented squad on both sides of the ball. They may have trouble going undefeated given that they're first game, where inexperience may be the biggest factor is against Florida and they play @Wisconsin and Ohio St back to back (possibly playing against Wisconsin again the following week).

Michigan St had a... to put it nicely turbulent offseason. They return 8 starters from last year's disappointing squad, but Mark Dantonio can usually get the best out of his players.

Minnesota brings in a new coach and will have 12 returning starters. It is highly possible that they will make it to their 8th game (@ Iowa) undefeated, which can give them enough confidence and momentum to contend in the West.

Outside of the RBs and LBs Nebraska can hang with anybody in any conference. They have the luxury of playing Wisconsin and Northwestern at home, but draw Ohio St and Penn St from the East.

If Northwestern's new LBs can catch up with the 16 returning starters, this could be a great year for the Wildcats. There's no easy schedule in the Big 10, but Northwestern is getting a couple of breaks- except playing @ Wisconsin.

Ohio St would be at or among the top rated in the conference for most units and would be in the discussion for the best in the nation with some units, quite possibly having the best OL and DL in the NCAA. The most prominent downward indicator is that they had +15 net tunrovers last year, something that generally is not repeated from year to year.

Penn St scored 37.6 points per game last year (21st in the nation) and returns 9 offensive starters. The If the DBs can overperform my expectations and the ball bounces the right way, this could be a back to back conference champion.

Purdue finished last in the West last year and has a new coach. They get Illinois at home and draw Rutgers from the East, so the previous statement might not be the death sentence that it initially appears, particularly if the QB meshes well with Jeff Brohm's methods.

It would be easy to say Rutgers looks like crap and move on, but there is reason to optimistic. They get Illinois and Purdue out of the West and one is a home game. They bring back 14 starters and the coach is in is second year so he should be more familiar with what these players are capable of doing.

Wisconsin returns 15 starters and managed to avoid Ohio St and Penn St out of the East. This offense is good, but not great, but they won't need to score every time they get the ball with the DBs and LBs being among the best in the country.

Prediction
                    East
                    1. Ohio St
                    2. Penn St
                    3. Michigan
                    4. Indiana
                    5. Michigan St
                    6. Maryland
                    7. Rutgers

West
                    1. Wisconsin
                    2. Northwestern
                    3. Iowa
                    4. Minnesota
                    5. Nebraska
                    6. Purdue
                    7. Illinois

Michigan
                    Ohio St
                    Penn St
                    Wisconsin

Championship: Ohio St defeats Wisconsin
                    Last edited by Sea Slug; 08-03-2017, 01:00 PM.
                    -John Stuart Mill

Comment

I had already written this once and managed to lose it when I tried to post it. On a related note, I am not going to post the games of note anymore because that is a lot more hassle than it is worth.

I did pretty well picking the Big 10 last year. Sure Penn St overperformed my expectations and Michigan St underperformed, but I at least got the West perfect. The conference championship could be pivotal in determining at least one playoff team.

Indiana has a QB-WR combination that could compete with anybody. The RBs, OL, and DL not so much. Even a few injuries won't stop them as the weakest conference opponents come at the end of the season.

Illinois's WRs should make the QB look better. As much as I like Lovie Smith, his second year might not look much better than the first with only 30 lettermen returning.

Iowa has more talent on defense than on offense. The schedule maker is not their friend this year as they draw Penn St and Ohio St from the East and have to travel to Wisconsin and Nebraska.

Maryland brings back some of their most talented players from last year's 6-6 squad and a coach usually sees improvement his second year. They won't compete for the division, but they can make some noise, despite having one of the NCAA's toughest schedules.

Michigan's 3 losses last year were by a combined 5 points with the largest coming in overtime at a team that went to the playoffs. That being said, they return only 5 players, but will still field a very talented squad on both sides of the ball. They may have trouble going undefeated given that they're first game, where inexperience may be the biggest factor is against Florida and they play @Wisconsin and Ohio St back to back (possibly playing against Wisconsin again the following week).

Michigan St had a... to put it nicely turbulent offseason. They return 8 starters from last year's disappointing squad, but Mark Dantonio can usually get the best out of his players.

Minnesota brings in a new coach and will have 12 returning starters. It is highly possible that they will make it to their 8th game (@ Iowa) undefeated, which can give them enough confidence and momentum to contend in the West.

Outside of the RBs and LBs Nebraska can hang with anybody in any conference. They have the luxury of playing Wisconsin and Northwestern at home, but draw Ohio St and Penn St from the East.

If Northwestern's new LBs can catch up with the 16 returning starters, this could be a great year for the Wildcats. There's no easy schedule in the Big 10, but Northwestern is getting a couple of breaks- except playing @ Wisconsin.

Ohio St would be at or among the top rated in the conference for most units and would be in the discussion for the best in the nation with some units, quite possibly having the best OL and DL in the NCAA. The most prominent downward indicator is that they had +15 net tunrovers last year, something that generally is not repeated from year to year.

Penn St scored 37.6 points per game last year (21st in the nation) and returns 9 offensive starters. The If the DBs can overperform my expectations and the ball bounces the right way, this could be a back to back conference champion.

Purdue finished last in the West last year and has a new coach. They get Illinois at home and draw Rutgers from the East, so the previous statement might not be the death sentence that it initially appears, particularly if the QB meshes well with Jeff Brohm's methods.

It would be easy to say Rutgers looks like crap and move on, but there is reason to optimistic. They get Illinois and Purdue out of the West and one is a home game. They bring back 14 starters and the coach is in is second year so he should be more familiar with what these players are capable of doing.

Wisconsin returns 15 starters and managed to avoid Ohio St and Penn St out of the East. This offense is good, but not great, but they won't need to score every time they get the ball with the DBs and LBs being among the best in the country.

Prediction
                      East
                      1. Ohio St
                      2. Penn St
                      3. Michigan
                      4. Indiana
                      5. Michigan St
                      6. Maryland
                      7. Rutgers

West
                      1. Wisconsin
                      2. Northwestern
                      3. Iowa
                      4. Minnesota
                      5. Nebraska
                      6. Purdue
                      7. Illinois

Michigan
                      Ohio St
                      Penn St
                      Wisconsin

Championship: Ohio St defeats Wisconsin
                      -John Stuart Mill

Comment

Here's a glance at the independents. No predicted order of finish as they are not a conference.

Army sucks. Go Navy! Let's not let them get two in a row.

BYU's 4 losses last year were by a combined 8 points. They bring back 13 starters and coaches tend to do even better in their second season. The most obvious downward pointing arrow is that they had +13 net turnovers, which often indicates a turnaround.

Notre Dame went 3-9 last year and consequently will have a new OC, DC, and STC this year. 11 of their 12 opponents went to bowls last year so even their 15 returning starters will have an uphill battle.

UMass was -10 in net turnovers last year and is bringing back 15 starters, so there's plenty of chance they'll improve.

BYU
                        Last edited by Sea Slug; 08-01-2017, 11:41 AM.
                        -John Stuart Mill

Comment

Here's a glance at the independents. No predicted order of finish as they are not a conference.

Army sucks. Go Navy! Let's not let them get two in a row.

BYU's 4 losses last year were by a combined 8 points. They bring back 13 starters and coaches tend to do even better in their second season. The most obvious downward pointing arrow is that they had +13 net turnovers, which often indicates a turnaround.

Notre Dame went 3-9 last year and consequently will have a new OC, DC, and STC this year. 11 of their 12 opponents went to bowls last year so even their 15 returning starters will have an uphill battle.

UMass was -10 in net turnovers last year and is bringing back 15 starters, so there's plenty of chance they'll improve.

BYU
                          -John Stuart Mill

Comment

The Coaches' Poll is out.

RK TEAM
                            1 Alabama(49)
                            2 Ohio State(5)
                            3 Florida State(4)
                            4 USC
                            5 Clemson(7)
                            6 Penn State
                            7 Washington
                            8 Oklahoma
                            9 Michigan
                            10 Wisconsin
                            11 Oklahoma State
                            12 LSU
                            13 Auburn
                            14 Stanford
                            15 Georgia
                            16 Florida
                            17 Louisville
                            18 Miami
                            19 Kansas State
                            20 West Virginia
                            21 South Florida
                            22 Virginia Tech
                            23 Texas
                            24 Tennessee
                            25 Utah

I'd have Texas and Virginia Tech off myself. I'd put Colorado and TCU above both of them right now.
                            -John Stuart Mill

Comment

The Coaches' Poll is out.

RK TEAM
                              1 Alabama(49)
                              2 Ohio State(5)
                              3 Florida State(4)
                              4 USC
                              5 Clemson(7)
                              6 Penn State
                              7 Washington
                              8 Oklahoma
                              9 Michigan
                              10 Wisconsin
                              11 Oklahoma State
                              12 LSU
                              13 Auburn
                              14 Stanford
                              15 Georgia
                              16 Florida
                              17 Louisville
                              18 Miami
                              19 Kansas State
                              20 West Virginia
                              21 South Florida
                              22 Virginia Tech
                              23 Texas
                              24 Tennessee
                              25 Utah

I'd have Texas and Virginia Tech off myself. I'd put Colorado and TCU above both of them right now.
                              -John Stuart Mill

Comment

Working...
                              X