The All (Your name here) All Time Team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The All (Your name here) All Time Team

Does anybody remember the old "All Madden" specials that used to come on CBS during that week in between the Conference Championships and the Super Bowl? This was a regular thing for a long time. Last time I checked I couldn't find any of the episodes on Youtube. It was just Madden presenting his All Madden Team, a team of his favorite players from that season. I remember probably 96 or 97 they did an All Madden All Time Team special where Madden put together a team of his favorite players from all time.

My question to you for this thread is what would your All Time Team look like? Who are your personal favorite players of all time at each position, not necessarily the best players but just your favorite, your guys. Post your team and tells us why these are your guys!

Re: The All (Your name here) All Time Team

Full 52 man "All Shinobi" all time team roster:

QB-Warren Moon
    QB2- Mark Rypien
    QB3- Derek Carr
    QB4- Sammy Baugh
    HB- Earl Campbell
    HB2- John Riggins
    HB3- Arian Foster
    FB- Mike Alstott
    FB2- Tom Rathman
    WR- Andre Johnson
    WR2- Jerry Rice
    WR3- Art Monk
    WR4- Tim Brown
    WR5- Fred Biletnikoff
    TE- Mark Bavaro
    TE2- Chris Cooley
    LT- Joe Jacoby
    LT2- Chris Samuels
    LG- Russ Grimm
    LG2- Billy Shaw
    C- Bruce Matthews
    C2- Chris Myers
    RG- Larry Allen
    RG2- Mike Munchak
    RT- Duane Brown
    RT2- Jon Jensen

LE- Reggie White
    LE2- Mario Williams
    RE- JJ Watt
    RE2- Lyle Alzado
    DT- Ray Childress
    DT- Bob Lilly
    DT- John Randle
    NT- Vince Wilfork
    LOLB- Whitney Mercilus
    LOLB2- Derrick Thomas
    MLB- Brian Cushing
    MLB2- Jamie Sharper
    RILB- Jack Lambert
    LILB- Junior Seau
    ROLB- Derrick Brooks
    ROLB2- Ken Harvey
    LCB- Cris Dishman
    LCB2- Aaron Glenn
    RCB- Darrell Green
    RCB2- Jonathan Joseph
    SS- Troy Polamalu
    SS2- Sammy Baugh
    FS- Ronnie Lott
    FS2- Sean Taylor

K- Mark Moseley
    P- Sammy Baugh
    KR/PR- Brian Mitchell
    KR/PR- Jim Thorpe
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 07-17-2017, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Full 52 man "All Shinobi" all time team roster:

QB-Warren Moon
      QB2- Mark Rypien
      QB3- Derek Carr
      QB4- Sammy Baugh
      HB- Earl Campbell
      HB2- John Riggins
      HB3- Arian Foster
      FB- Mike Alstott
      FB2- Tom Rathman
      WR- Andre Johnson
      WR2- Jerry Rice
      WR3- Art Monk
      WR4- Tim Brown
      WR5- Fred Biletnikoff
      TE- Mark Bavaro
      TE2- Chris Cooley
      LT- Joe Jacoby
      LT2- Chris Samuels
      LG- Russ Grimm
      LG2- Billy Shaw
      C- Bruce Matthews
      C2- Chris Myers
      RG- Larry Allen
      RG2- Mike Munchak
      RT- Duane Brown
      RT2- Jon Jensen

LE- Reggie White
      LE2- Mario Williams
      RE- JJ Watt
      RE2- Lyle Alzado
      DT- Ray Childress
      DT- Bob Lilly
      DT- John Randle
      NT- Vince Wilfork
      LOLB- Whitney Mercilus
      LOLB2- Derrick Thomas
      MLB- Brian Cushing
      MLB2- Jamie Sharper
      RILB- Jack Lambert
      LILB- Junior Seau
      ROLB- Derrick Brooks
      ROLB2- Ken Harvey
      LCB- Cris Dishman
      LCB2- Aaron Glenn
      RCB- Darrell Green
      RCB2- Jonathan Joseph
      SS- Troy Polamalu
      SS2- Sammy Baugh
      FS- Ronnie Lott
      FS2- Sean Taylor

K- Mark Moseley
      P- Sammy Baugh
      KR/PR- Brian Mitchell
      KR/PR- Jim Thorpe

Comment

This should be fun. Will add backups later.

Starting Offense

QB- John Elway
        RB- Terrell Davis
        FB- Mike Alstott
        WR- Hines Ward
        WR- Rod Smith
        TE- Mark Bavaro
        C- Dermontti Dawson
        G- Marshall Yanda
        G- Jerry Kramer
        T- Jonathan Ogden
        T- Jim Parker
        K- Morten Anderson
        KR- Mel Gray
        PR- Walter Stanley

Starting Defense

DT- Steve "MONGO" McMichael
        DE- Reggie White
        DE- JJ Watt
        OLB- Joey Porter
        ILB- Sam Mills
        ILB- Harry Carson
        OLB- Rickey Jackson
        S- Troy Polamalu
        S- Steve Atwater
        CB- Rod Woodson
        CB- Frank Minnifield/Hanford Dixon platoon
        P- Sean Landeta

Coach- Hank Stram

Comment

This should be fun. Will add backups later.

Starting Offense

QB- John Elway
          RB- Terrell Davis
          FB- Mike Alstott
          WR- Hines Ward
          WR- Rod Smith
          TE- Mark Bavaro
          C- Dermontti Dawson
          G- Marshall Yanda
          G- Jerry Kramer
          T- Jonathan Ogden
          T- Jim Parker
          K- Morten Anderson
          KR- Mel Gray
          PR- Walter Stanley

Starting Defense

DT- Steve "MONGO" McMichael
          DE- Reggie White
          DE- JJ Watt
          OLB- Joey Porter
          ILB- Sam Mills
          ILB- Harry Carson
          OLB- Rickey Jackson
          S- Troy Polamalu
          S- Steve Atwater
          CB- Rod Woodson
          CB- Frank Minnifield/Hanford Dixon platoon
          P- Sean Landeta

Coach- Hank Stram

Comment

Solid team Bake. If I had to pick a coach I'd go with Joe Gibbs. I have been watching some sweet games on Youtube starring Mike Alstott, I could watch the guy run the ball all day. The 1998 Vikings vs Bucs game is on Youtube now, this was the game where the Bucs handed the Vikes their only loss of the regular season(they were 7-0 going into that game). It's the Mike Alstott show, some fabulous runs where he trucks through guys. One thing that the commentators bring up in that game was that Alstott wasn't a fullback, he was a feature back, it made sense. In this particular game the Bucs actually had Lorenzo Neal playing fullback with Alstott running behind him, how the fuck do you stop that shit!? I always thought of Alstott as a fullback, I'm sure he's played that position at points of his career.

Comment

Solid team Bake. If I had to pick a coach I'd go with Joe Gibbs. I have been watching some sweet games on Youtube starring Mike Alstott, I could watch the guy run the ball all day. The 1998 Vikings vs Bucs game is on Youtube now, this was the game where the Bucs handed the Vikes their only loss of the regular season(they were 7-0 going into that game). It's the Mike Alstott show, some fabulous runs where he trucks through guys. One thing that the commentators bring up in that game was that Alstott wasn't a fullback, he was a feature back, it made sense. In this particular game the Bucs actually had Lorenzo Neal playing fullback with Alstott running behind him, how the fuck do you stop that shit!? I always thought of Alstott as a fullback, I'm sure he's played that position at points of his career.

Comment

The All Real Team

Starting Offense
                QB-Dan Marino
                RB-Barry Sanders
                RB-Earl Campbell
                WR-Jerry Rice
                WR-Steve Largent
                TE-Mark Bavaro
                LT-Anthony Munoz
                LG-John Hannah
                C-Dwight Stephenson
                RG-Chris Snee
                RT-Jumbo Elliot
                K-Jason Elam
                KR-Dave Meggett
                PR-Dave Meggett

Starting Defense
                DE-Reggie White
                NT-Vince Wilfork
                DE-Leonard Marshall
                OLB-Greg Lloyd
                ILB-Harry Carson
                ILB-Junior Seau
                OLB LAWRENCE FUCKING TAYLOR!!!!!!!
                CB-Rod Woodson
                CB-Mike Haynes
                S-Ronnie Lott
                S-Steve Atwater
                P- Ray Guy

Coach Bill Parcells.

Dan Marino was my absolute favorite QB to watch, so I had to have him starting on my team. His release, mechanics, arm strength, and control of the game were breathtaking to watch. Pity he never had a great run game and only once had a great defense.

Barry is my finesse back and Campbell is my power guy. Both were an absolute joy to watch and both unstoppable given decent blocking.

Anthony Munoz, John Hannah, and Dwight Stephenson are 3 of the most technically perfect and physically dominant players at their positions. John Hannah was especially fun to watch as you could put your grandma running behind him and she would still get 1000 yds rushing for the season.

Chris Snee and Jumbo Elliot are there mainly for sentimental reasons., as each one performed brilliantly for the Giants in the playoffs and the Super bowl

A healthy Mark Bavaro I believe is the best TE to ever play. There was nothing he couldn't do. Any blocking assignment, tough catches in the middle, big plays, he did it it all.

There should make instructional videos based off Jerry Rice and Steve Largent. I believe are the two most technically perfect receivers ever. Each one retired as the undisputed GOAT of their position.

Dave Meggett is partially a sentimental pick, but make no mistake about it, he was a DEADLY kick and punt returner and a very clutch 3rd down back as well.

Elam was a joy to watch for the Broncos. He consistently hit some of the most difficult kicks ever. Rain, snow, 50+ yarders....it didn't matter. This includes a 63 yarder that tied the record until Matt Prater hit that 64 yarder a couple of years back.

On Defense I'm running a 3-4 so I wanted 2 big powerful ends and one beast of a nose tackle to set things off. Reggie White is the single most physically dominant defensive end I've ever seen, and there is no way I could leave him off my defense. I would catch Eagles and Packers games sometimes just to watch him play. Vince Wilfork's power, athleticism, and leadership formed the basis for 2 Super Bowl winning defenses for New England. On top of that he comes off as one of the most chill and genuinely good dudes off the field and is impossible to dislike. Those qualities made him an instant favorite for me. I am NOT making a defense and leaving Big Leonard Marshall off. Why you ask

Spoiler

THAT's WHY!!!

For my linebacking corps I wanted 4 of the meanest and baddest mofos to ever play the position.....and I think did pretty well.

There might better overall linebackers than Greg Lloyd, but VERY few laid the wood on his opponents like he did and a result there were very few I would rather watch. Harry Carson is another Giants legend I can't leave off. He was money against the run, and was a terrific defensive leader. In his prime Junior was so good I would catch Chargers games just to watch him play. There was literally nothing he couldn't do on defense and he did it all well.

LT is simply my favorite football player of all time, and is the greatest football player to ever lace up a pair of cleats. Accept NO substitutes.

Spoiler

I like cornerbacks that are top flight covermen, but can also tackle and HIT. So sorry Deion, you're not on my team. I'll take Rod Woodson and Mike Haynes as my corners all day.

I like safeties that are smart cover men, BIG hitters, and great leaders. I believe Lott and Atwater fit the bill

Rounding out my starting defense is the greatest punter of all-time. It's seems funny to call a punter "dominant" but Ray Guy 100% fits the bill. He is probably the only punter I can confidently say won games for his team. No other punter consistently put the opposing team in such consistently shitty field position. I'm talking pinning offenses within the 5 yard line and back. Not every now and then, but often several times within the same game. The Raider would not have 3 Super Bowl rings without Ray Guy, simple as that. He got the Raiders out of so many tough spots.
                Last edited by The Real LT; 07-22-2017, 03:14 PM.

Comment

The All Real Team

Starting Offense
                  QB-Dan Marino
                  RB-Barry Sanders
                  RB-Earl Campbell
                  WR-Jerry Rice
                  WR-Steve Largent
                  TE-Mark Bavaro
                  LT-Anthony Munoz
                  LG-John Hannah
                  C-Dwight Stephenson
                  RG-Chris Snee
                  RT-Jumbo Elliot
                  K-Jason Elam
                  KR-Dave Meggett
                  PR-Dave Meggett

Starting Defense
                  DE-Reggie White
                  NT-Vince Wilfork
                  DE-Leonard Marshall
                  OLB-Greg Lloyd
                  ILB-Harry Carson
                  ILB-Junior Seau
                  OLB LAWRENCE FUCKING TAYLOR!!!!!!!
                  CB-Rod Woodson
                  CB-Mike Haynes
                  S-Ronnie Lott
                  S-Steve Atwater
                  P- Ray Guy

Coach Bill Parcells.

Dan Marino was my absolute favorite QB to watch, so I had to have him starting on my team. His release, mechanics, arm strength, and control of the game were breathtaking to watch. Pity he never had a great run game and only once had a great defense.

Barry is my finesse back and Campbell is my power guy. Both were an absolute joy to watch and both unstoppable given decent blocking.

Anthony Munoz, John Hannah, and Dwight Stephenson are 3 of the most technically perfect and physically dominant players at their positions. John Hannah was especially fun to watch as you could put your grandma running behind him and she would still get 1000 yds rushing for the season.

Chris Snee and Jumbo Elliot are there mainly for sentimental reasons., as each one performed brilliantly for the Giants in the playoffs and the Super bowl

A healthy Mark Bavaro I believe is the best TE to ever play. There was nothing he couldn't do. Any blocking assignment, tough catches in the middle, big plays, he did it it all.

There should make instructional videos based off Jerry Rice and Steve Largent. I believe are the two most technically perfect receivers ever. Each one retired as the undisputed GOAT of their position.

Dave Meggett is partially a sentimental pick, but make no mistake about it, he was a DEADLY kick and punt returner and a very clutch 3rd down back as well.

Elam was a joy to watch for the Broncos. He consistently hit some of the most difficult kicks ever. Rain, snow, 50+ yarders....it didn't matter. This includes a 63 yarder that tied the record until Matt Prater hit that 64 yarder a couple of years back.

On Defense I'm running a 3-4 so I wanted 2 big powerful ends and one beast of a nose tackle to set things off. Reggie White is the single most physically dominant defensive end I've ever seen, and there is no way I could leave him off my defense. I would catch Eagles and Packers games sometimes just to watch him play. Vince Wilfork's power, athleticism, and leadership formed the basis for 2 Super Bowl winning defenses for New England. On top of that he comes off as one of the most chill and genuinely good dudes off the field and is impossible to dislike. Those qualities made him an instant favorite for me. I am NOT making a defense and leaving Big Leonard Marshall off. Why you ask

Spoiler

THAT's WHY!!!

For my linebacking corps I wanted 4 of the meanest and baddest mofos to ever play the position.....and I think did pretty well.

There might better overall linebackers than Greg Lloyd, but VERY few laid the wood on his opponents like he did and a result there were very few I would rather watch. Harry Carson is another Giants legend I can't leave off. He was money against the run, and was a terrific defensive leader. In his prime Junior was so good I would catch Chargers games just to watch him play. There was literally nothing he couldn't do on defense and he did it all well.

LT is simply my favorite football player of all time, and is the greatest football player to ever lace up a pair of cleats. Accept NO substitutes.

Spoiler

I like cornerbacks that are top flight covermen, but can also tackle and HIT. So sorry Deion, you're not on my team. I'll take Rod Woodson and Mike Haynes as my corners all day.

I like safeties that are smart cover men, BIG hitters, and great leaders. I believe Lott and Atwater fit the bill

Rounding out my starting defense is the greatest punter of all-time. It's seems funny to call a punter "dominant" but Ray Guy 100% fits the bill. He is probably the only punter I can confidently say won games for his team. No other punter consistently put the opposing team in such consistently shitty field position. I'm talking pinning offenses within the 5 yard line and back. Not every now and then, but often several times within the same game. The Raider would not have 3 Super Bowl rings without Ray Guy, simple as that. He got the Raiders out of so many tough spots.

Comment

I should have put Greg Lloyd on my team, I forgot how much I used to love watching him play.

Comment

I should have put Greg Lloyd on my team, I forgot how much I used to love watching him play.

Comment

Working...
                      X