X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Raiders moving to Las Vegas

Originally posted by DanTheMan
    I wonder what Al Davis would think of this
    To be honest. He probably would have won the vote last year to move to LA.

I personally think it has the potential to be a great move. The Vegas Economy during a home game will get a decent bump from the 10,000 odd Oakland diehards who would follow them anywhere.

I was not a fan of the Oakland Council dragging it's heels over funding. I get at the end of the day they know that an NFL team can pay for a stadium out of their own pocket but when you know that you are competing against a town like LA or Vegas(and Vegas gave them a sweetheart deal)... You need to come to the party with something more substantial then half promises at the last second before the NFL goes to vote on the issue.

How crazy is it. Golden State will be playing out of San Fran. The Raiders moving to Vegas... The A's are bigtime but I think that town is bigger then just a Baseball town.

Fucken onwards and upwards~!

2008 Sports Empire HALL OF FAME

Comment

I wonder what Al Davis would think of this
      To be honest. He probably would have won the vote last year to move to LA.

I personally think it has the potential to be a great move. The Vegas Economy during a home game will get a decent bump from the 10,000 odd Oakland diehards who would follow them anywhere.

I was not a fan of the Oakland Council dragging it's heels over funding. I get at the end of the day they know that an NFL team can pay for a stadium out of their own pocket but when you know that you are competing against a town like LA or Vegas(and Vegas gave them a sweetheart deal)... You need to come to the party with something more substantial then half promises at the last second before the NFL goes to vote on the issue.

How crazy is it. Golden State will be playing out of San Fran. The Raiders moving to Vegas... The A's are bigtime but I think that town is bigger then just a Baseball town.

Comment

I would rather have the Raiders in Las Vegas then Las Angeles.

Comment

I would rather have the Raiders in Las Vegas then Las Angeles.

Comment

Last year, Las Vegas had no professional teams. Now they're gonna have two by the end of the decade.

Still My Champ
            Thanks, surrender.

Comment

Last year, Las Vegas had no professional teams. Now they're gonna have two by the end of the decade.

Still My Champ
              Thanks, surrender.

Comment

If your spouse, were to say to you, that he or she wanted a divorce…but if they said, ‘I want a divorce in two years because I found someone better but they’re not available until then, so we’re going to continue living together until then and I’m asking you to love me unconditionally in the meantime,’ welcome to life as an Oakland Raiders fan.

Comment

If your spouse, were to say to you, that he or she wanted a divorce…but if they said, ‘I want a divorce in two years because I found someone better but they’re not available until then, so we’re going to continue living together until then and I’m asking you to love me unconditionally in the meantime,’ welcome to life as an Oakland Raiders fan.

Comment

Originally posted by shane_man View Post

That's assuming the A's stay put. They would have moved years ago, but the Giants block any moves San Jose, and the stadium deal in Fresno fell through. While they have a strong fanbase in Oakland, Montreal probably could support another baseball team, not to mention a city like Nashville or Indianapolis could as well.

Comment

Originally posted by shane_man View Post

That's assuming the A's stay put. They would have moved years ago, but the Giants block any moves San Jose, and the stadium deal in Fresno fell through. While they have a strong fanbase in Oakland, Montreal probably could support another baseball team, not to mention a city like Nashville or Indianapolis could as well.

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
                        This was what the Oilers tried to do, they weren't originally set to move to Tennessee until the 1998 season but things got so bad that they had to speed it up and get moved a year earlier, people completely stopped going to games, the radio network was disbanded early in the 96 season, all the games were blacked out on television, it was pretty much like they didn't even exist that year. They were actually a pretty decent young team that year, finished 8-8 despite all the drama. Something I never realized until recently was that Gary Walker the defensive tackle played for the last couple years of the Houston Oilers and was picked up in the expansion draft by the Texans, so he played the very last games in the Astrodome and the very first games in Reliant(NRG), I believe the only player that played for both the Houston Oilers and the Texans(if I remember correctly he had a safety in the first Texans game against Dallas in 02).
                        Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 03-28-2017, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
                          This was what the Oilers tried to do, they weren't originally set to move to Tennessee until the 1998 season but things got so bad that they had to speed it up and get moved a year earlier, people completely stopped going to games, the radio network was disbanded early in the 96 season, all the games were blacked out on television, it was pretty much like they didn't even exist that year. They were actually a pretty decent young team that year, finished 8-8 despite all the drama. Something I never realized until recently was that Gary Walker the defensive tackle played for the last couple years of the Houston Oilers and was picked up in the expansion draft by the Texans, so he played the very last games in the Astrodome and the very first games in Reliant(NRG), I believe the only player that played for both the Houston Oilers and the Texans(if I remember correctly he had a safety in the first Texans game against Dallas in 02).

Comment

If your spouse made you feel like shit for fifteen years straight by not performing. You probably would have stopped supporting them by year five.

Comment

If your spouse made you feel like shit for fifteen years straight by not performing. You probably would have stopped supporting them by year five.

Comment

Working...
                              X