NFL 2017 OFFSEASON THREAD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL 2017 OFFSEASON THREAD

For some fans/teams, it's that exciting time of the year again. The offseason. The chance to rebuild or continue building. Of course, the free agency market will be a huge chance for teams to rebuild and could also lead to the collapse of some franchises. It's really hard to get into all that right now as the postseason is about to get under way. Feel free to share what players you're excited for to hit the Free Agency market.

For the Browns and the Titans, they had 2 picks in the top 18 each. The Rams AND Vikings do NOT have a 1st round pick. Who will hit big in this draft and who will miss bigger? Here is the draft order.

Here is the draft order for the first 20 picks and believe it or not, two picks will be decided by a coin toss as it ended in a tie.

1- Cleveland Browns (The early rumors state they may trade this pick to highest bidder)
    2- San Francisco 49ers (Coaching AND GM vacancy)
    3- Chicago Bears (Wins tie breaker, will be in full rebuild mode)
    4- Jacksonville Jaguars (6th consecutive year in top 5 and in need of new HC)
    5- Tennesee Titans (From LA Rams for Goff, possibly biggest draft round ever for franchise)
    6- New York Jets (Why do I have a feeling they'll blow it?)
    7- San Diego Chargers (Coaching and possible location change)
    8- Carolina Panthers (This pick could help shape their still promising future)
    9- Cincinnati Bengals (Will Marvin be here to help make this pick?)
    10- Buffalo Bills (coaching vacancy, will they go QB?)
    11- New Orleans Saints (3 straight 7-9 seasons)
    12- Cleveland Browns (2nd top 12 pick, in Browns fashion, Philly ended season on 2 game winning streak)
    13- Arizona Cardinals (A good time to draft low with an aging team)
    TIED14- Philadelphia Eagles (From Minnesota, coin toss. Not a big drop off from their supposed to be 12th pick)
    TIED14- Indianapolis Colts (An opportunity to help Andrew Lucks future)
    16- Baltimore Ravens (Help the offense or continue building a savage D?)
    17- Washington Redskins (Can you draft heart? Because they lacked it.)
    18- Tennessee Titans (Their own pick, 2 picks in top 18, time to build!)
    19- Tampa Bay Buccaneers (A big time draft, just in time to help this team solidify their future)
    20- Denver Broncos (Defending Super Bowl champ will need a new coach and to help that offense.)

Imagine the Cowboys trade Romo and their 1st rounder to CLE? I know, I know, it doesn't make sense for Cleveland, but this is Cleveland and they need a QB. The rumor that the Browns are going to be sitting back waiting for someone to offer them something special for the 1st pick makes you wonder who is going to jump up there and for what? Maybe the game changer, Leonard Fournette?

I think this is a HUGE draft for Tennessee, Tampa Bay, Arizona, Carolina, Denver and Washington. I feel like all six of them played under their potential and could be in the playoffs next season depending on how well they perform this offseason.

So what's everyone's thoughts for their team and other teams heading into this offseason?

Re: NFL 2017 OFFSEASON THREAD

To make things interesting, I'm going to ask a few questions.

1- Biggest potential bust in this NFL draft?
    2- Is Desean Jackson going back to the Eagles?
    3- Who has a better chance to be an NFL HC next season? Nick Saban, Tom Coughlin or Michigan Harbaugh?
    4- Which team do you think is going to hit BIG in Free Agency and why?
    5- Who is most likely to trade up to the #1 pick and who will be they be trying to draft?

Comment

To make things interesting, I'm going to ask a few questions.

1- Biggest potential bust in this NFL draft?
      3- Who has a better chance to be an NFL HC next season? Nick Saban, Tom Coughlin or Michigan Harbaugh?
      4- Which team do you think is going to hit BIG in Free Agency and why?
      5- Who is most likely to trade up to the #1 pick and who will be they be trying to draft?

Comment

1) Deandre Kizer and I say that as an Irish fan, I think he's still a year away. I hope he gets redshirted year 1, please I hope he isn't thrown to the wolves so soon into his career. He wasn't so dominant at Notre Dame but he has the tools necessary to do well in the pros.
        2) No, possibly the Rams given he's a Cali guy and given the Rams need for more WR talent.
        3) Coughlin if any of the 3. Good money for Saban and Harbaugh and I don't doubt the Jags interest in Coughlin.
        4) 49ers, they have to spend money and the new GM and HC will want to make an impression.
        5) Myles Garrett will be the target and I think Cleveland stays but if a team is to go and get his services, Chicago as they need a legit force on their defense, particularly a pass rusher in that division. Indy too but the price may be too rich, Indy needs a gamebreaker on defense. They built the line for Luck last draft, now their defense needs help. Grigson and Pagano are on do or die years too.
        Currently Playing:
        Cosmic Star Heroine(PS4), Rocket League(PS4), Steins;Gate 0(PS4)

Comment

1) Deandre Kizer and I say that as an Irish fan, I think he's still a year away. I hope he gets redshirted year 1, please I hope he isn't thrown to the wolves so soon into his career. He wasn't so dominant at Notre Dame but he has the tools necessary to do well in the pros.
          2) No, possibly the Rams given he's a Cali guy and given the Rams need for more WR talent.
          3) Coughlin if any of the 3. Good money for Saban and Harbaugh and I don't doubt the Jags interest in Coughlin.
          4) 49ers, they have to spend money and the new GM and HC will want to make an impression.
          5) Myles Garrett will be the target and I think Cleveland stays but if a team is to go and get his services, Chicago as they need a legit force on their defense, particularly a pass rusher in that division. Indy too but the price may be too rich, Indy needs a gamebreaker on defense. They built the line for Luck last draft, now their defense needs help. Grigson and Pagano are on do or die years too.
          Currently Playing:
          Cosmic Star Heroine(PS4), Rocket League(PS4), Steins;Gate 0(PS4)

Comment

If Desean is a free agent this has a great chance of happening. Howie Roseman would LOVE to have him back, and the Eagles desperately need help at receiver. Chip Kelly really fucked them over at that position.

Comment

If Desean is a free agent this has a great chance of happening. Howie Roseman would LOVE to have him back, and the Eagles desperately need help at receiver. Chip Kelly really fucked them over at that position.

Comment

1 - I don't watch college football.
                2 - Maybe. Is this a thing?
                3 - Coughlin. I don't think Harbaugh is leaving Michigan yet (though maybe he would for Denver?) and I think Saban will end his career at Alabama.
                4 - If the Cowboys are able to trade Tony early, that'll free up some cash and they have plenty of holes on D.
                5 - I never know this one, but it's not a QB rich draft so I doubt a crap team like the 49ers are giving up much to move up a spot. Maybe Jax is ready to hit the escape hatch and move on from Bortles? I don't think anyone pays a big move up price for a non-quarterback.

Comment

1 - I don't watch college football.
                  2 - Maybe. Is this a thing?
                  3 - Coughlin. I don't think Harbaugh is leaving Michigan yet (though maybe he would for Denver?) and I think Saban will end his career at Alabama.
                  4 - If the Cowboys are able to trade Tony early, that'll free up some cash and they have plenty of holes on D.
                  5 - I never know this one, but it's not a QB rich draft so I doubt a crap team like the 49ers are giving up much to move up a spot. Maybe Jax is ready to hit the escape hatch and move on from Bortles? I don't think anyone pays a big move up price for a non-quarterback.

Comment

From what I've read, this upcoming draft is really being hyped around defensive players. I think we're going to see several teams pass up on a big time defensive player. I think if someone is trading up in the draft, it's going to be for Leonard Fournette who many have said will be the next Adrian Peterson. I would gush my pants if the Giants did that. I'm sure OBJ would be pleased, too. The Giants running game has been so bad for so long and if they got Fournette to add to that offense, this team may build a dynasty in Eli's later years. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening. I don't know what the Giants can really offer, besides selling the future. Which may not be the worst thing.

If Nick Saban wins another National Championship, I don't see how the NFL doesn't tickle his fancy again. He's matured as a HC since his first stint and I think he would be a great fit for Denver or the 49ers. The money would be spent. Same with Harbaugh, except I don't think he ever goes back to San Francisco.

I think whichever team gets Fournette won the draft and if a competitive team trades up for him, forget about it. Baltimore, New York and Green Bay should definitely consider it.

Comment

From what I've read, this upcoming draft is really being hyped around defensive players. I think we're going to see several teams pass up on a big time defensive player. I think if someone is trading up in the draft, it's going to be for Leonard Fournette who many have said will be the next Adrian Peterson. I would gush my pants if the Giants did that. I'm sure OBJ would be pleased, too. The Giants running game has been so bad for so long and if they got Fournette to add to that offense, this team may build a dynasty in Eli's later years. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening. I don't know what the Giants can really offer, besides selling the future. Which may not be the worst thing.

If Nick Saban wins another National Championship, I don't see how the NFL doesn't tickle his fancy again. He's matured as a HC since his first stint and I think he would be a great fit for Denver or the 49ers. The money would be spent. Same with Harbaugh, except I don't think he ever goes back to San Francisco.

I think whichever team gets Fournette won the draft and if a competitive team trades up for him, forget about it. Baltimore, New York and Green Bay should definitely consider it.

Comment

Cleveland might trade their pick? Are they trying to stay terrible forever?

Then again, they haven't proven they are good at making draft picks count, so...

If the Rams or Niners were to hire Rex Ryan, you can gaurentee he'll have them ready for that match against the Patriots, even though it only comes around every 4 years.

Comment

Cleveland might trade their pick? Are they trying to stay terrible forever?

Then again, they haven't proven they are good at making draft picks count, so...

If the Rams or Niners were to hire Rex Ryan, you can gaurentee he'll have them ready for that match against the Patriots, even though it only comes around every 4 years.

Comment

Reports that 49ers ask the Patriots permission to interview as a duo Josh McDaniels for the head coach fancy and Nick Caserio for the GM Vacancey.

I don't know how I feel about Josh McDanirls since if I remember correctly his last head coaching stingy with I think the Broncos wasn't a good one.

Comment

Reports that 49ers ask the Patriots permission to interview as a duo Josh McDaniels for the head coach fancy and Nick Caserio for the GM Vacancey.

I don't know how I feel about Josh McDanirls since if I remember correctly his last head coaching stingy with I think the Broncos wasn't a good one.

Comment

Working...
                              X