Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NFL 2017 OFFSEASON THREAD

Originally posted by Leper Messiah View Post
    Cleveland might trade their pick? Are they trying to stay terrible forever?
    They have an analytic point of view, which is that more draft picks are always better than fewer draft picks, even at the top of the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Leper Messiah View Post
      Cleveland might trade their pick? Are they trying to stay terrible forever?
      They have an analytic point of view, which is that more draft picks are always better than fewer draft picks, even at the top of the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Pduh View Post
        Reports that 49ers ask the Patriots permission to interview as a duo Josh McDaniels for the head coach fancy and Nick Caserio for the GM Vacancey.

I don't know how I feel about Josh McDanirls since if I remember correctly his last head coaching stingy with I think the Broncos wasn't a good one.

Belicheck assistants never make good head coaches, unless there is someone I'm forgetting. But both Josh McDaniels and Romeo Crennel crashed and burned as head coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Pduh View Post
          Reports that 49ers ask the Patriots permission to interview as a duo Josh McDaniels for the head coach fancy and Nick Caserio for the GM Vacancey.

I don't know how I feel about Josh McDanirls since if I remember correctly his last head coaching stingy with I think the Broncos wasn't a good one.

Belicheck assistants never make good head coaches, unless there is someone I'm forgetting. But both Josh McDaniels and Romeo Crennel crashed and burned as head coaches.

Comment

Bill O'Brien has been passable as a head coach so far taking three QB-less teams to the playoffs (albeit in a shit division) and I've always thought the problems with McDaniels in Denver were related to not having a personnel guy doing that job and his attitude. One can be fixed, the other we will see... He did get the Tebow-led Denver team into the 2nd Round so it's not like he had no good quality.

Comment

Bill O'Brien has been passable as a head coach so far taking three QB-less teams to the playoffs (albeit in a shit division) and I've always thought the problems with McDaniels in Denver were related to not having a personnel guy doing that job and his attitude. One can be fixed, the other we will see... He did get the Tebow-led Denver team into the 2nd Round so it's not like he had no good quality.

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                John Fox did that.

McDaniels did take Dey Thomas alongside Tebow in that 1st round though, McDaniels only got to work with Orton if I recall. I think McDaniels did not know what to do once they got to 5-0 and he lost reigns of the team entirely.

McDaniels was also 32-33 years old when he was the coach of that team, that's very young and some of the Broncos players were older than him so that naturally means potential condescension.

McDaniels is a very good fit for SF given he's a quality QB guy given his work with Brady over the years but more so having Kyle Orton flourish in Denver the minute he got traded over from Chicago in that Cutler deal.
                Currently Playing:
                Cosmic Star Heroine(PS4), Rocket League(PS4), Steins;Gate 0(PS4)

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                  John Fox did that.

McDaniels did take Dey Thomas alongside Tebow in that 1st round though, McDaniels only got to work with Orton if I recall. I think McDaniels did not know what to do once they got to 5-0 and he lost reigns of the team entirely.

McDaniels was also 32-33 years old when he was the coach of that team, that's very young and some of the Broncos players were older than him so that naturally means potential condescension.

McDaniels is a very good fit for SF given he's a quality QB guy given his work with Brady over the years but more so having Kyle Orton flourish in Denver the minute he got traded over from Chicago in that Cutler deal.
                  Currently Playing:
                  Cosmic Star Heroine(PS4), Rocket League(PS4), Steins;Gate 0(PS4)

Comment

Kyle Orton lost his job to Tim Tebow. I hardly call that flourishing.

Comment

Kyle Orton lost his job to Tim Tebow. I hardly call that flourishing.

Comment

Josh McDaniels is a brilliant OC, and while he probably should remain a coordinator, certainly deserves another shot as a head coach - but I don't like anyone's chances of turning things around in San Francisco. York and Baalke are clearly the problems there.

Comment

Josh McDaniels is a brilliant OC, and while he probably should remain a coordinator, certainly deserves another shot as a head coach - but I don't like anyone's chances of turning things around in San Francisco. York and Baalke are clearly the problems there.

Comment

Well Baalke is gone, but York is not. So San Francisco is still screwed.

Comment

Well Baalke is gone, but York is not. So San Francisco is still screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by Blindy View Post
                                John Fox did that.
                                Whoops, you're right. Fox is intertwined with Manning in my memories of the Broncos, forgot he had the year with Tebow/Orton.

Comment

Working...
                                X