Colin Kaepernick Protests Anthem Due to Treatment of Minorities

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colin Kaepernick Protests Anthem Due to Treatment of Minorities

To be fair, [MENTION=133]UT[/MENTION], that's kind of been the narrative being pushed with this story. Spike Lee wrote about it, people are talking about it. The fact that he did what he did last season and that the Jets signed McCown over him are things that have gotten people suspicious of the choice. I'm not arguing with your point and I agree with what you're saying, but this isn't a random conversation.

Comment

To be fair, [MENTION=133]UT[/MENTION], that's kind of been the narrative being pushed with this story. Spike Lee wrote about it, people are talking about it. The fact that he did what he did last season and that the Jets signed McCown over him are things that have gotten people suspicious of the choice. I'm not arguing with your point and I agree with what you're saying, but this isn't a random conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by Dat Guy View Post
        Bro, Kaepernick is a fucking bitch. Trump didn't tell anyone not to sign Kaep. He mocked Kaep for not being signed. That's what you get and deserve for being unAmerican and sitting for the national anthem. A lack of opportunities to earn the green from the red, white and blue.

He's not even a good QB anymore. Stop living in the past. His whole "I'm going to stand for the national anthem now because I fixed everything!" thing is a bunch of bullshit too. He's only saying that so he could get signed. Fuck that guy, bro. He's the worst.
        I utterly disagreed with Kaep's stance but I could have respected it had it been something genuine, had he actually stuck by his principles regardless of the cost to his own wallet.

Instead though the very second his financial standing was threatened he throws every principle he supposedly stood for out the window so he can try and get job playing in the NFL. He's a complete sellout with ZERO integrity and I have even LESS respect now. No one should ever take him seriously again.

Comment

Bro, Kaepernick is a fucking bitch. Trump didn't tell anyone not to sign Kaep. He mocked Kaep for not being signed. That's what you get and deserve for being unAmerican and sitting for the national anthem. A lack of opportunities to earn the green from the red, white and blue.

He's not even a good QB anymore. Stop living in the past. His whole "I'm going to stand for the national anthem now because I fixed everything!" thing is a bunch of bullshit too. He's only saying that so he could get signed. Fuck that guy, bro. He's the worst.
          I utterly disagreed with Kaep's stance but I could have respected it had it been something genuine, had he actually stuck by his principles regardless of the cost to his own wallet.

Instead though the very second his financial standing was threatened he throws every principle he supposedly stood for out the window so he can try and get job playing in the NFL. He's a complete sellout with ZERO integrity and I have even LESS respect now. No one should ever take him seriously again.

Comment

I know it's not , and it's inevitable that it gets brought up because of connotations surrounding this whole story , but this is The Gridiron where football is going to be part of the discussion. And I've been on the internet enough over the last three months to know that this is probably going to turn into a straight Trump debate.

And truth be told , just the general tone that I see this going isn't going to be good. And I like the parties involved enough to not want to see them get banned , because we all know a few are on short enough leashes as it stands.

Comment

I know it's not , and it's inevitable that it gets brought up because of connotations surrounding this whole story , but this is The Gridiron where football is going to be part of the discussion. And I've been on the internet enough over the last three months to know that this is probably going to turn into a straight Trump debate.

And truth be told , just the general tone that I see this going isn't going to be good. And I like the parties involved enough to not want to see them get banned , because we all know a few are on short enough leashes as it stands.

Comment

I hear you, bro.

I also guarantee that IF Kaepernick doesn't get signed, he'll go back to his nonsense of being unfair. I'm sorry but kneeling for your national anthem while earning that countries money was mind boggling so this is good. Still, I think he will get signed somewhere. It's still early.

Comment

I hear you, bro.

I also guarantee that IF Kaepernick doesn't get signed, he'll go back to his nonsense of being unfair. I'm sorry but kneeling for your national anthem while earning that countries money was mind boggling so this is good. Still, I think he will get signed somewhere. It's still early.

Comment

The best football move for Keap and a team that could afford to take a shot on him would be Arizona. They need a backup for Carson and if anyone in the NFL can make Kaepernick even a marginal NFL starter again I believe Arians could do it. Not too mention he would be surrounded by a plethora of talent there and his obvious flaws could be somewhat hidden if he were to have to take the field.

They could see what they have for a year before Palmer retire and than either bring him back and let him go.

Comment

The best football move for Keap and a team that could afford to take a shot on him would be Arizona. They need a backup for Carson and if anyone in the NFL can make Kaepernick even a marginal NFL starter again I believe Arians could do it. Not too mention he would be surrounded by a plethora of talent there and his obvious flaws could be somewhat hidden if he were to have to take the field.

They could see what they have for a year before Palmer retire and than either bring him back and let him go.

Comment

I am not a fan of the guy either but I don't think he should be blackballed from the league. I actually liked seeing Kiko Alonso drill his dumb ass to the ground after he proudly praised Fidel Castro's leadership, that was pretty badass.

Then again Tebow is a better person and did far more in college and wasn't far off from Kaep's ability and he's been chased off entirely from QBing in the NFL. Same with Michael Sam and the NFL altogether.

Yeah I agree with you that race card baiters like Jamille Hill bashing McCown as a means to ask why Kaep is being blackballed is poor taste and is pathetic in itself but that's what she does. It's best to just ignore them.
                        Currently Playing:
                        Cosmic Star Heroine(PS4), Rocket League(PS4), Steins;Gate 0(PS4)

Comment

I am not a fan of the guy either but I don't think he should be blackballed from the league. I actually liked seeing Kiko Alonso drill his dumb ass to the ground after he proudly praised Fidel Castro's leadership, that was pretty badass.

Then again Tebow is a better person and did far more in college and wasn't far off from Kaep's ability and he's been chased off entirely from QBing in the NFL. Same with Michael Sam and the NFL altogether.

Yeah I agree with you that race card baiters like Jamille Hill bashing McCown as a means to ask why Kaep is being blackballed is poor taste and is pathetic in itself but that's what she does. It's best to just ignore them.
                          Currently Playing:
                          Cosmic Star Heroine(PS4), Rocket League(PS4), Steins;Gate 0(PS4)

Comment

Colin Kaepernick continues to prove why he doesn't deserve to be a part of an NFL franchise. His latest stint to go along with his pig-cop socks he wore is him saying that police officers are modern day fugitive slave patrols. What the fuck?! Even if he is better then some of the QBs on teams, this dude does not have the mentality to represent a franchise with his hate America mindset.

As I said a million times, if you don't like America, don't enjoy Americas money. Let's hope he didn't waste all his earnings on hate-America propaganda. Enjoy not being in the NFL ever again. Dick.

Comment

Colin Kaepernick continues to prove why he doesn't deserve to be a part of an NFL franchise. His latest stint to go along with his pig-cop socks he wore is him saying that police officers are modern day fugitive slave patrols. What the fuck?! Even if he is better then some of the QBs on teams, this dude does not have the mentality to represent a franchise with his hate America mindset.

As I said a million times, if you don't like America, don't enjoy Americas money. Let's hope he didn't waste all his earnings on hate-America propaganda. Enjoy not being in the NFL ever again. Dick.

Comment

Protest is normal thing in America, and not a "I hate America" thing. If that's the case, wouldn't your hatred of cops fall under that Anti-American stuff you keep talking about?

Comment

Working...
                                X