Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLS Cup Playoffs: Better Late Than Never!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLS Cup Playoffs: Better Late Than Never!

I meant to start a thread on this weeks ago but totally spaced. Anyway.

20 years after the start of the MLS Cup, a Canadian team will be in the finals for the first time. But after the 1st leg of the semi-finals, it's still anyone's guess who will get the honour.

Toronto FC lost to Montreal Impact 3-2 but still managed two very important away goals. A 1-0 or 2-1 win at home next week puts them through to the final. Even if Montreal manages to score more away goals, Toronto's offense is definitely capable of burying them. Do not count them out just yet.

Unfortunately for whichever Canadian team makes it through, they'll be facing either the Seattle Sounders or Colorado Rapids, two of the west's best teams this year. Colorado is in the same position as TFC, having lost 2-1 in Seattle, but they're just as likely to pull off a big win at home on Sunday.

By Dec 1st we'll know our finalists in what is sure to be an exciting MLS Cup final.

So who's been watching along? What are your thoughts so far?

Re: MLS Cup Playoffs: Better Late Than Never!

Anyones guess? Pretty sure L'Impact fucked themselves by allowing 2 goals at home. Toronto wins this. I don't even know who is in the west final.

Comment

Anyones guess? Pretty sure L'Impact fucked themselves by allowing 2 goals at home. Toronto wins this. I don't even know who is in the west final.

Comment

FINALS!! AAAHHHHHH

That game was RIDICULOUS.

Comment

FINALS!! AAAHHHHHH

Comment

Originally posted by RT View Post
            FINALS!! AAAHHHHHH

That was a fantastic game. The atmosphere is gonna be off the charts for the MLS Cup. And it might give the team that added boost against Seattle.

Still My Champ
            Thanks, surrender.

Comment

FINALS!! AAAHHHHHH

That was a fantastic game. The atmosphere is gonna be off the charts for the MLS Cup. And it might give the team that added boost against Seattle.

Still My Champ
              Thanks, surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by nazzer View Post
                I"m just quoting myself here..... whatevs.

Toronto vs Seattle, yeah that's a match worth watching for sure.

THe grey cup in toronto got about 33 thousand fans, I bet this game can sell more tickets than that.

Comment

Originally posted by nazzer View Post
                  I"m just quoting myself here..... whatevs.

Toronto vs Seattle, yeah that's a match worth watching for sure.

THe grey cup in toronto got about 33 thousand fans, I bet this game can sell more tickets than that.

Comment

Well, there was 36,000 fans at tonight's game. So who knows, they may squeeze in another couple thou for the Final.

Still My Champ
                    Thanks, surrender.

Comment

Well, there was 36,000 fans at tonight's game. So who knows, they may squeeze in another couple thou for the Final.

Still My Champ
                      Thanks, surrender.

Comment

FINALS!! AAAHHHHHH

Toronto teams are on the RISE.

...if you ignore (maybe) the Leafs and Argos.

Comment

FINALS!! AAAHHHHHH

Toronto teams are on the RISE.

...if you ignore (maybe) the Leafs and Argos.

Comment

The weather in Toronto on Saturday is expected to be -1C and light snow flurries. Considering this is the first time a Canadian team has made the MLS Cup Final, let alone hosted the match, is this going to be the coldest finals in MLS history?

I'd like to think this works in Toronto's advantage but I don't think anyone on this team is used to playing in cold weather. And Seattle isn't exactly a place that is known for it's lovely weather so the Sounders probably won't be at much of a disadvantage.

Going to be an interesting match for sure.

Comment

The weather in Toronto on Saturday is expected to be -1C and light snow flurries. Considering this is the first time a Canadian team has made the MLS Cup Final, let alone hosted the match, is this going to be the coldest finals in MLS history?

I'd like to think this works in Toronto's advantage but I don't think anyone on this team is used to playing in cold weather. And Seattle isn't exactly a place that is known for it's lovely weather so the Sounders probably won't be at much of a disadvantage.

Going to be an interesting match for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X