Champions League Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champions League Chat

Leicester fans would have to be pretty happy with that CL draw, definitely a chance to get out of the group stages.

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Originally posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Days Oncall has left to use his MITB Contract: 300-ish

Re: Footy Chat: August

Originally posted by Oncall View Post
    Leicester fans would have to be pretty happy with that CL draw, definitely a chance to get out of the group stages.
    They were always likely to get a fairly generous group coming out of Pot A, but this is as good as they could have hoped for.

at Celtic and Barca being drawn together again.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncall View Post
      They were always likely to get a fairly generous group coming out of Pot A, but this is as good as they could have hoped for.

at Celtic and Barca being drawn together again.

Comment

Yeah if I'm a Leicester fan I'm breathing a sigh of relief at that draw. They should come out of that group.

Speaking of should, Arsenal got a pretty good draw too. Paris and Basel are worrying but PSG don't have Zlatan anymore, which helps everyone else out a little.

Comment

Yeah if I'm a Leicester fan I'm breathing a sigh of relief at that draw. They should come out of that group.

Speaking of should, Arsenal got a pretty good draw too. Paris and Basel are worrying but PSG don't have Zlatan anymore, which helps everyone else out a little.

Comment

I'll give my thoughts on both Celtic and Basel's draw, being a fan of both. Hopefully I'll be able to ease or increase your concerns RT.

I wasn't too happy with the draw Celtic got tbh. I'm delighted we are back in the Champions League as I truly believe that a club this size, with its fanbase, the atmosphere on UCL nights that no other can match (thanks for the compliment, Messi) deserve to be. I believe we add something to this competition, even if it isn't on the playing field.

I wanted a group that we at least had a chance in, much like our last two campaigns. We had a small chance of qualifying and a decent chance of Europa League. This time - we have neither and Barcelona again. I won't tire of watching us play Barca, I just wanted something a bit different. Madrid and/or Dortmund.

Manchester City doesn't excite me too much. I was happy with Gladbach, fantastic atmosphere at their place and a good team too and some players I enjoy. I do think, despite the fact we can't get out of that group, it'll provide six good games, especially the three at Celtic Park.

---

As for Basel, I was content with the group. It could have been better, could have been worse. PSG and Arsenal are two teams we haven't had before. Ludogorets was one I'd liked to have avoided as we've played them in the UEL and UCL in the last three years and I do think they're better now.

I do think Basel have a chance of progression. Maybe naive but this team is stronger for me than the one that knocked Liverpool out in 2013. I haven't been impressed with Arsenal or PSG so far this season. Arsenal need some signings although they always tend to land on their feet in the UCL and PSG need a striker as I don't think Cavani will cut it as a replacement for Ibrahimovic. At St. Jakob-Park, I feel like we can get something from them and get at least four from Ludogorets if we play at our best.

The record against English sides is also very good. I definitely think Basel can be a banana skin if PSG/Arsenal are not at their best.

2013 TBG Poster of the Year

Scotland, Celtic and FC Basel
            CELTIC (SPFL CHAMPIONS 2013/14)
            FC BASEL (SSL CHAMPIONS 2013/2014; SWISS CUP FINALISTS)

Comment

I'll give my thoughts on both Celtic and Basel's draw, being a fan of both. Hopefully I'll be able to ease or increase your concerns RT.

I wasn't too happy with the draw Celtic got tbh. I'm delighted we are back in the Champions League as I truly believe that a club this size, with its fanbase, the atmosphere on UCL nights that no other can match (thanks for the compliment, Messi) deserve to be. I believe we add something to this competition, even if it isn't on the playing field.

I wanted a group that we at least had a chance in, much like our last two campaigns. We had a small chance of qualifying and a decent chance of Europa League. This time - we have neither and Barcelona again. I won't tire of watching us play Barca, I just wanted something a bit different. Madrid and/or Dortmund.

Manchester City doesn't excite me too much. I was happy with Gladbach, fantastic atmosphere at their place and a good team too and some players I enjoy. I do think, despite the fact we can't get out of that group, it'll provide six good games, especially the three at Celtic Park.

---

As for Basel, I was content with the group. It could have been better, could have been worse. PSG and Arsenal are two teams we haven't had before. Ludogorets was one I'd liked to have avoided as we've played them in the UEL and UCL in the last three years and I do think they're better now.

I do think Basel have a chance of progression. Maybe naive but this team is stronger for me than the one that knocked Liverpool out in 2013. I haven't been impressed with Arsenal or PSG so far this season. Arsenal need some signings although they always tend to land on their feet in the UCL and PSG need a striker as I don't think Cavani will cut it as a replacement for Ibrahimovic. At St. Jakob-Park, I feel like we can get something from them and get at least four from Ludogorets if we play at our best.

The record against English sides is also very good. I definitely think Basel can be a banana skin if PSG/Arsenal are not at their best.

2013 TBG Poster of the Year

Scotland, Celtic and FC Basel
              CELTIC (SPFL CHAMPIONS 2013/14)
              FC BASEL (SSL CHAMPIONS 2013/2014; SWISS CUP FINALISTS)

Comment

Me about 45 minutes ago: "Oh hey, the Arsenal game started. Better check in."
                Me about 44 minutes ago: "Welp."

Comment

Me about 45 minutes ago: "Oh hey, the Arsenal game started. Better check in."
                  Me about 44 minutes ago: "Welp."

Comment

Good result. We're fortunate to have such a decent back up keeper in Ospina.

He's got to start Giroud now though surely.

Comment

Good result. We're fortunate to have such a decent back up keeper in Ospina.

He's got to start Giroud now though surely.

Comment

Didn't know Rylan played for Arsenal

Comment

Didn't know Rylan played for Arsenal

Comment

That is a good result for Arsenal away from home - but wowee at some of the chances that Cavani missed.

Comment

That is a good result for Arsenal away from home - but wowee at some of the chances that Cavani missed.

Comment

Working...
                              X