Champions League Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Champions League Chat

It baffles me that PSG failed to replace Ibrahimovic. Cavani is good but he was much better with Ibra taking most of the burden and I see PSG struggling this season compared to the last few.

From a personal point of view, a very bad first night of this season's UCL. I said before the game, I wasn't too bothered about the Celtic result. I knew we'd get beat and would probably be hammered and given the group we are in, we just need to enjoy these nights but to lose 7-0 still hurts. Barcelona are a magnificent side and will hammer sides a lot better than us but it is still never nice to concede so many goals.

As for Basel, a terrible start. It really would've been a loss had Ludogorets keeper not made a mistake. There was nothing up front tonight and no creativity and I think it has much to do with the lack of competition in the domestic league. Need to win the home games, especially against the fourth seed.

2013 TBG Poster of the Year

Scotland, Celtic and FC Basel
    CELTIC (SPFL CHAMPIONS 2013/14)
    FC BASEL (SSL CHAMPIONS 2013/2014; SWISS CUP FINALISTS)

Comment

It baffles me that PSG failed to replace Ibrahimovic. Cavani is good but he was much better with Ibra taking most of the burden and I see PSG struggling this season compared to the last few.

From a personal point of view, a very bad first night of this season's UCL. I said before the game, I wasn't too bothered about the Celtic result. I knew we'd get beat and would probably be hammered and given the group we are in, we just need to enjoy these nights but to lose 7-0 still hurts. Barcelona are a magnificent side and will hammer sides a lot better than us but it is still never nice to concede so many goals.

As for Basel, a terrible start. It really would've been a loss had Ludogorets keeper not made a mistake. There was nothing up front tonight and no creativity and I think it has much to do with the lack of competition in the domestic league. Need to win the home games, especially against the fourth seed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrestling MVP View Post
        Well they signed Jese who's already arking up over not getting to start having left Real because of not getting enough opportunities. Cavani must be so frustrating because his movement is absolutely sensational, some of the runs he makes are top class but there's not much point getting into great positions if all you over do is fall over or kick the ball straight at the keeper.

Good start for Leicester - nice to see Mahrez up and about for the first time this season.

Comment

Well they signed Jese who's already arking up over not getting to start having left Real because of not getting enough opportunities. Cavani must be so frustrating because his movement is absolutely sensational, some of the runs he makes are top class but there's not much point getting into great positions if all you over do is fall over or kick the ball straight at the keeper.

Good start for Leicester - nice to see Mahrez up and about for the first time this season.

Comment

Yeah, I don't think Jese is the answer either to be honest. Think they could've got much better with the money they can spend.

Comment

Yeah, I don't think Jese is the answer either to be honest. Think they could've got much better with the money they can spend.

Comment

Mesut Ozil's decided that he can score as well as assist - look out everyone!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by HR View Post
                    That final goal yesterday...

Comment

Originally posted by HR View Post
                      That final goal yesterday...

Comment

City, Arsenal and Leicester all through to the Round of 16 - Spurs to play CSKA to decide who drops to the Europa League. Might be best for them if they lose that match, Pochettino seems to really be struggling with rotation and finding solutions to tactical problems at the moment, a far cry from the steady consistency they had last campaign.

Comment

City, Arsenal and Leicester all through to the Round of 16 - Spurs to play CSKA to decide who drops to the Europa League. Might be best for them if they lose that match, Pochettino seems to really be struggling with rotation and finding solutions to tactical problems at the moment, a far cry from the steady consistency they had last campaign.

Comment

Wembley was a disaster for Spurs. I think they'd have qualified if their games were at WHL especially considering they picked up three points in Russia and one in Germany.

Comment

Wembley was a disaster for Spurs. I think they'd have qualified if their games were at WHL especially considering they picked up three points in Russia and one in Germany.

Comment

Good point, I didn't realise that. Similar situation to West Ham moving to the Olympic Stadium perhaps.

Comment

Working...
                                X