Prem Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Footy Chat: August

One thing certainly hasn't changed, Diego Costa is still a complete cunt. Hard to consider any other reason why the referee didn't send him off for that disgraceful "tackle" on Adrian than being bribed. It's just infuriating that time after time his dirty play reaps rewards and helps Chelsea win because he never gets sent off.

Comment

One thing certainly hasn't changed, Diego Costa is still a complete cunt. Hard to consider any other reason why the referee didn't send him off for that disgraceful "tackle" on Adrian than being bribed. It's just infuriating that time after time his dirty play reaps rewards and helps Chelsea win because he never gets sent off.

Comment

As much as I love the Premier League, whenever something like that happens I can't help but appreciate the work that the leagues in North America do to ensure player safety (except maybe the NFL...but they're getting there...). If that happened in the NHL and the referee missed it, there would still be punishment handed down by the league. Costa would be called into a hearing, fined and suspended for multiple games.

Instead he nets the winner and Chelsea fans say "it's just part of the game." Unbelievable.

Comment

As much as I love the Premier League, whenever something like that happens I can't help but appreciate the work that the leagues in North America do to ensure player safety (except maybe the NFL...but they're getting there...). If that happened in the NHL and the referee missed it, there would still be punishment handed down by the league. Costa would be called into a hearing, fined and suspended for multiple games.

Instead he nets the winner and Chelsea fans say "it's just part of the game." Unbelievable.

Comment

Costa and Kante avoiding second bookings was astonishing. It reminded me of the Spurs game at Stamford Bridge last season where the ref just allowed everyone to have free hits and gouge each other's eyes because they were emotional.

Comment

Costa and Kante avoiding second bookings was astonishing. It reminded me of the Spurs game at Stamford Bridge last season where the ref just allowed everyone to have free hits and gouge each other's eyes because they were emotional.

Comment

Originally posted by RT View Post

Well, I think it can be reviewed still, just no suspensions or anything. If it gets reviewed, he could/the club could be fined.

P.S kudos to our fans for chant of the season already.

Sometimes I I I..... JANUAAAJJJJJJJJJJJJ

Comment

Originally posted by RT View Post

Well, I think it can be reviewed still, just no suspensions or anything. If it gets reviewed, he could/the club could be fined.

P.S kudos to our fans for chant of the season already.

Sometimes I I I..... JANUAAAJJJJJJJJJJJJ

Comment

Costa did it again this week the fucking prick! I'm happy that the refs are handing out bookings for dissent (this is long overdue, lets hope they keep it up) but there's not much point doing that if you don't give him a second yellow when he commits another bookable offense.

I know it's only early but I think Bournemouth fans have to be feeling a little worried about their chances of staying up. Spending 15 million on Jordon Ibe while Burnley got Steven Defour for half that must rankle.

Comment

Costa did it again this week the fucking prick! I'm happy that the refs are handing out bookings for dissent (this is long overdue, lets hope they keep it up) but there's not much point doing that if you don't give him a second yellow when he commits another bookable offense.

I know it's only early but I think Bournemouth fans have to be feeling a little worried about their chances of staying up. Spending 15 million on Jordon Ibe while Burnley got Steven Defour for half that must rankle.

Comment

Hold the phone - Arsene's finally parting with some cash!

He's bought a striker; Lucas Perez from Deportivo, who comes with the reputation of being clinical on the counter attack (exactly the alternative to Giroud that they need) and is apparently immanent to the signing of Shkodran Mustafi from Valencia to help ease their defensive frailties.

Comment

Hold the phone - Arsene's finally parting with some cash!

He's bought a striker; Lucas Perez from Deportivo, who comes with the reputation of being clinical on the counter attack (exactly the alternative to Giroud that they need) and is apparently immanent to the signing of Shkodran Mustafi from Valencia to help ease their defensive frailties.

Comment

£35m for Mustafi is... Fair, tbh. He's not quite at a world-class level just yet but has plenty potential to grow. Only cost us around £6m just two seasons ago. Had we performed better last season we could have pushed to keep him another year but with no European football this season and struggling to reach our FPF requirements, I can understand it. Good luck big guy.

Hope that means no more big departures this summer (looking at you Alcácer). And we need centre-backs. Literally 3 of them.

Comment

£35m for Mustafi is... Fair, tbh. He's not quite at a world-class level just yet but has plenty potential to grow. Only cost us around £6m just two seasons ago. Had we performed better last season we could have pushed to keep him another year but with no European football this season and struggling to reach our FPF requirements, I can understand it. Good luck big guy.

Hope that means no more big departures this summer (looking at you Alcácer). And we need centre-backs. Literally 3 of them.

Comment

So apparently Asamoah Gyan is on his way back to The Premier League.... with us touted as his destination. Don't know how I should feel about that, also that we're aparently looking into the possibility (according to the papers taking Moyes' comments in jest as serious) of signing Joe Hart on loan.

Vincent Iborra, M'Vila & a striker would do fine.

If we get a keeper, if its Hart then amazing that we done it. If it isn't, Amelia/Schwarzer/Some GK aged 35 and over who is out of contract will do.

Comment

Working...
                                X