Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PW MARCH MADNESS PICKEM & DISCUSSION

Ugh...

I have no words to describe how disappointing this result is...

Second half was hard to watch. I felt the refs were a little hard in the bigs from both teams. Let the boys play a little. Sucked to see Collns foul out and to see the bigs from both teams play with so much restraint due to foul trouble. However, it did pick up in the last 5.

Not a vintage final for me and not the result I wanted. Time to immerse myself in the 2017 recruits in order to tide me over until November.

Who won the PW bracket challenge? Mine was terrible and I forgot my login info.

Comment

Who knows when the next time Gonzaga's ever gonna get this opportunity. It's losses like this that can drive down a mid-major school like them.

Still My Champ
      Thanks, surrender.

Comment

Who knows when the next time Gonzaga's ever gonna get this opportunity. It's losses like this that can drive down a mid-major school like them.

Still My Champ
        Thanks, surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by CM Punk'd View Post
          Not sure I agree. Gonzaga surpassed pre-season expectations by making it this far. Their success this season will strengthen the program, not Drive them down because they lost in the final.

They won't be as good next year but deep runs makes recruiting top classes that much easier.

Two random points...

How classy is Mark Few? Loved his post-game interview but also found it intriguing when he mentioned something to the extent of, "these kids did it the right way. They're awesome kids and good students." Was that a reference to North Carolina's history of cheating with regards to students' grades and classes?

And a fun fact... Only 8 times have two 1 seeds faced off in the final. The Tar Heels have featured in four of those finals now, winning all four.

Comment

Not sure I agree. Gonzaga surpassed pre-season expectations by making it this far. Their success this season will strengthen the program, not Drive them down because they lost in the final.

They won't be as good next year but deep runs makes recruiting top classes that much easier.

Two random points...

How classy is Mark Few? Loved his post-game interview but also found it intriguing when he mentioned something to the extent of, "these kids did it the right way. They're awesome kids and good students." Was that a reference to North Carolina's history of cheating with regards to students' grades and classes?

And a fun fact... Only 8 times have two 1 seeds faced off in the final. The Tar Heels have featured in four of those finals now, winning all four.

Comment

Yeah, not the prettiest win but we'll take it. After last years soul crushing loss, I'm glad they got something. Like I said for the NCAA Football championship, another for the ACC.

-chaos-
              "My hit to miss ratio is sadness!"

Comment

Yeah, not the prettiest win but we'll take it. After last years soul crushing loss, I'm glad they got something. Like I said for the NCAA Football championship, another for the ACC.

-chaos-
                "My hit to miss ratio is sadness!"

Comment

Eh...

Making the Final Four for the first time is a bigger program win than losing the title game is a program loss. Losing in the first or second round repeatedly is probably more painful for a mid major than getting to the end.

I suppose there's a Butler argument for jumping to that level and then mostly going away, but they didn't have Gonzaga's consistency, lost the roster and their coach.

They may not ever be national champions, but there are plenty of power five schools that have never been that close to doing it.

Comment

Eh...

Making the Final Four for the first time is a bigger program win than losing the title game is a program loss. Losing in the first or second round repeatedly is probably more painful for a mid major than getting to the end.

I suppose there's a Butler argument for jumping to that level and then mostly going away, but they didn't have Gonzaga's consistency, lost the roster and their coach.

They may not ever be national champions, but there are plenty of power five schools that have never been that close to doing it.

Comment

Working...
                    X