2017 F1 Season thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 F1 Season thread

My expectations aren't high but i'm posting another motorsport thread.

First practice gets underway tomorrow and with the stunning retirement of Nico Rosberg, Valteri Bottas scooped up one of the more prized seats in F1.The cars are looking very different and I for one hope there are some very different results on the grid this year.

Anyone else at all going to check out any parts of the season?

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Originally posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Days Oncall has left to use his MITB Contract: 300-ish

Re: 2017 F1 Season thread

LET'S GO LANCE STROLL!!! Driving for the Williams team this year.

Rep that Maple Leaf strong this year!
    Last edited by CM Punk'd; 03-23-2017, 07:16 PM.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

Comment

LET'S GO LANCE STROLL!!! Driving for the Williams team this year.

Rep that Maple Leaf strong this year!

Still My Champ
      Thanks, surrender.

Comment

I used to be a massive fan of F1 when I was younger. Schumacher was my favourite and I'd watch every race.

I fell away from it though. I can't pinpoint the exact time but I remember after not watching a full race for a long time and then watching the final race of the 2011 season (maybe?) it was in Singapore or one of those places at night. Hamilton could still win the title but it was very unlikely. Not even sure who won the championship in the end up. After that, I said I'd watch it more but I haven't.

I just find it too boring these days. Rich to say considering I watched it during Ferrari's domination but I just don't think its as exciting as it used to be. Too many places on the grid earn you points too. Remember when it used to just be top six that earned you any sort of points? Eight places was okay too I guess. Ten is almost half the grid.

I want to be interested in it again though so someone sell this season for me.

2013 TBG Poster of the Year

Scotland, Celtic and FC Basel
        CELTIC (SPFL CHAMPIONS 2013/14)
        FC BASEL (SSL CHAMPIONS 2013/2014; SWISS CUP FINALISTS)

Comment

I used to be a massive fan of F1 when I was younger. Schumacher was my favourite and I'd watch every race.

I fell away from it though. I can't pinpoint the exact time but I remember after not watching a full race for a long time and then watching the final race of the 2011 season (maybe?) it was in Singapore or one of those places at night. Hamilton could still win the title but it was very unlikely. Not even sure who won the championship in the end up. After that, I said I'd watch it more but I haven't.

I just find it too boring these days. Rich to say considering I watched it during Ferrari's domination but I just don't think its as exciting as it used to be. Too many places on the grid earn you points too. Remember when it used to just be top six that earned you any sort of points? Eight places was okay too I guess. Ten is almost half the grid.

I want to be interested in it again though so someone sell this season for me.

2013 TBG Poster of the Year

Scotland, Celtic and FC Basel
          CELTIC (SPFL CHAMPIONS 2013/14)
          FC BASEL (SSL CHAMPIONS 2013/2014; SWISS CUP FINALISTS)

Comment

[MENTION=7617]Wrestling MVP[/MENTION]

I could not agree more with you about the points, not just how many people can score them now but how many they can score. 25 for a win these days when it used to be 10. I'd love to go back to 10 6 4 3 2 1.

It's as good a year as any to jump back in with how drastically different the cars are going to be now, they're lower, the tyres are fatter and lap times are going to be multiple seconds quicker due mainly to the extra downforce these behemoths will now be producing.

I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not

Comment

[MENTION=7617]Wrestling MVP[/MENTION]

I could not agree more with you about the points, not just how many people can score them now but how many they can score. 25 for a win these days when it used to be 10. I'd love to go back to 10 6 4 3 2 1.

It's as good a year as any to jump back in with how drastically different the cars are going to be now, they're lower, the tyres are fatter and lap times are going to be multiple seconds quicker due mainly to the extra downforce these behemoths will now be producing.

Comment

Finally got to watch a GP in entirety this morning and what timing...fantastic race between Bottas and Vettel.

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

Comment

Finally got to watch a GP in entirety this morning and what timing...fantastic race between Bottas and Vettel.

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

Comment

I used to be a huge fan of F1 however there seems a lack of competition, its usually one team that walks away with everything sometimes if you are lucky 2 teams, but its seems like there is less overtaking that before, usually the way they line up on the starting grid is how they finish, and it can become pretty stale

Comment

I used to be a huge fan of F1 however there seems a lack of competition, its usually one team that walks away with everything sometimes if you are lucky 2 teams, but its seems like there is less overtaking that before, usually the way they line up on the starting grid is how they finish, and it can become pretty stale

Comment

Working...
                      X