How not to represent your country

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How not to represent your country

This is the Davis Cup, Great Britain vs Canada, the match is tied at 2 -2 and this is the final deciding match and this happens

Re: How not to represent your country

As a Canadian, that was disgraceful. He should never play professional tennis again.

As bad as Nick Kyrios is, even he wouldn't stoop to this level.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

Comment

As a Canadian, that was disgraceful. He should never play professional tennis again.

Still My Champ
      Thanks, surrender.

Comment

That's interesting..I almost never watch tennis but after watching that I could see John McEnroe doing that and being proud of it afterwards.

Comment

That's interesting..I almost never watch tennis but after watching that I could see John McEnroe doing that and being proud of it afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by CM Punk'd View Post

Ridiculous statement and completely hyperbolic.

The outcome of what he did was bad but his intentions and immediate contrition show that he was appalled himself.

He should and will be fined, perhaps suspended. But to ban him from tennis for life is silly.

Kyrgios is purposely malicious in many if the things he does and says which is far worse.

Comment

Originally posted by CM Punk'd View Post

The outcome of what he did was bad but his intentions and immediate contrition show that he was appalled himself.

He should and will be fined, perhaps suspended. But to ban him from tennis for life is silly.

Kyrgios is purposely malicious in many if the things he does and says which is far worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid A View Post

Denis Shapovalov has been fined 5,623 after hitting umpire Arnaud Gabas in the eye with a ball during Canada's Davis Cup tie against Great Britain, ouch that is one expensive wrong directed ball

Comment

Originally posted by Kid A View Post

Denis Shapovalov has been fined 5,623 after hitting umpire Arnaud Gabas in the eye with a ball during Canada's Davis Cup tie against Great Britain, ouch that is one expensive wrong directed ball

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos Kid View Post
                    Very low compared to some of the big players like Serena who have been fined for slamming their rackets down on the court, injuring no one.

I think his age, immediate contrition, the way he handled it post-match and the fact that he's a low profile player contributed to the levity of the punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos Kid View Post
                      Very low compared to some of the big players like Serena who have been fined for slamming their rackets down on the court, injuring no one.

I think his age, immediate contrition, the way he handled it post-match and the fact that he's a low profile player contributed to the levity of the punishment.

Comment

After watching it over again, and after him being sincerely sorry about his actions, I take back what I said about him earlier.

Still My Champ
                        Thanks, surrender.

Comment

After watching it over again, and after him being sincerely sorry about his actions, I take back what I said about him earlier.

Still My Champ
                          Thanks, surrender.

Comment

You can clearly see he didn't mean to hit the umpire, so while he deserves punishment he definitely should get the chance to play again.

Now if he had done that on purpose, then yeah, a lifetime ban would be appropriate.

Comment

You can clearly see he didn't mean to hit the umpire, so while he deserves punishment he definitely should get the chance to play again.

Now if he had done that on purpose, then yeah, a lifetime ban would be appropriate.

Comment

Working...
                              X