2016 U.S. Open

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 U.S. Open

Tournament starts today, with only one defending champion in it, since last year's women's champion retired almost immediately after winning it.

Think the Djoker will win it again? Can Serena reclaim what she lost last year?

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

Re: 2016 U.S. Open

So much for having a Canadian going far. Milos couldn't even make it past the second round.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

Comment

So much for having a Canadian going far. Milos couldn't even make it past the second round.

Still My Champ
      Thanks, surrender.

Comment

I think it might be Murrays time now, Novak seems to have injuries and possibly other things going on and I think Murray is playing his best tennis ever. I think he's got this.

I can also see him taking number one spot, possibly by the time the world tour finals come along.
        Originally Posted by iNCY
        Sometimes you just have to grab an election by the pu**y

Comment

I think it might be Murrays time now, Novak seems to have injuries and possibly other things going on and I think Murray is playing his best tennis ever. I think he's got this.

I can also see him taking number one spot, possibly by the time the world tour finals come along.

Comment

Another blow to Rafa's psyche. Last year he lost to Fognini after being 2 sets and a break up. Here, he loses from being a break up in the 5th and had that woeful miss at 6-6 in the final set breaker (having saved 3 MPs). He used to be the clutchest of them all. After going 17-5 in 5-set matches, this is now his third straight loss when it has gone the distance and hardly against giants of the game (last USO to Fognini, AO to Verdasco, now Pouille). The fear factor is gone. His confidence in those biggest moments isn't there. Great for tennis for a young guy (22 seems to be young for tennis these days) to get a big win. We still need some 18/19 year olds to break out.

Novak must be delighted to see himself surrounded by three Frenchmen in his half of the draw. A place in the final almost assured, irrespective of the possible elbow trouble.

Comment

Another blow to Rafa's psyche. Last year he lost to Fognini after being 2 sets and a break up. Here, he loses from being a break up in the 5th and had that woeful miss at 6-6 in the final set breaker (having saved 3 MPs). He used to be the clutchest of them all. After going 17-5 in 5-set matches, this is now his third straight loss when it has gone the distance and hardly against giants of the game (last USO to Fognini, AO to Verdasco, now Pouille). The fear factor is gone. His confidence in those biggest moments isn't there. Great for tennis for a young guy (22 seems to be young for tennis these days) to get a big win. We still need some 18/19 year olds to break out.

Novak must be delighted to see himself surrounded by three Frenchmen in his half of the draw. A place in the final almost assured, irrespective of the possible elbow trouble.

Comment

Wow, Nishikori beat Murray. Wouldn't have seen that coming with the momentum that Andy had. We might be set for the first ever Uniqlo battle in a major final.

Comment

Wow, Nishikori beat Murray. Wouldn't have seen that coming with the momentum that Andy had. We might be set for the first ever Uniqlo battle in a major final.

Comment

Think he let himself get too distracted by that mini row over the noises in the stadium, his temperament is questionable on and off I guess.

Fun fact - The commentator on Eurosport said the close-able roof on the stadium cost $100 million!

Comment

Think he let himself get too distracted by that mini row over the noises in the stadium, his temperament is questionable on and off I guess.

Fun fact - The commentator on Eurosport said the close-able roof on the stadium cost $100 million!

Comment

With Juan Martin gone, I am fully supporting Kei Nishikori for this year's US Open championship. I hope he finds the game that led him to the final 2 years ago and surpasses it.

For the women's side, I hope Kerber picks up the win and #1 ranking. She's been extremely consistent this year with the AO, and the Wimbledon and Olympic runner up finishes.
                        ★ DO IT WITH FLAIR! ★

-surrender-

Comment

With Juan Martin gone, I am fully supporting Kei Nishikori for this year's US Open championship. I hope he finds the game that led him to the final 2 years ago and surpasses it.

For the women's side, I hope Kerber picks up the win and #1 ranking. She's been extremely consistent this year with the AO, and the Wimbledon and Olympic runner up finishes.
                          ★ DO IT WITH FLAIR! ★

-surrender-

Comment

I think Serena got bounced tonight.

Still My Champ
                            Thanks, surrender.

Comment

I think Serena got bounced tonight.

Still My Champ
                              Thanks, surrender.