This or That?- Sports Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This or That?- Sports Edition

Not unlike the other This or That thread, just answer the previous question and ask one of your own. Detailed answers are encouraged, but not mandatory.

More exciting postseason: NBA or NHL?
    If all of mankind minus one were of of one opinion, and only one person of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
    -John Stuart Mill

Re: This or That?- Sports Edition

NHL, more parity and more chance of an upset. There's a nice balance of teams rotating in and out, not the same storylines of Lebron, Spurs etc.

Way too much stoppage late in the game, total opposite for hockey which picks up big time in overtime.

Better draft system: NFL's(Draft pick compensation for losing players with no penalty on the team signing, 7 rounds, trading of picks) or MLB's(Draft pick compensation involving losing picks over signing players, 30+ rounds, no trading of draft picks on day of draft)
    Currently Playing:
    Cosmic Star Heroine(PS4), Rocket League(PS4), Steins;Gate 0(PS4)

Comment

NHL, more parity and more chance of an upset. There's a nice balance of teams rotating in and out, not the same storylines of Lebron, Spurs etc.

Way too much stoppage late in the game, total opposite for hockey which picks up big time in overtime.

Better draft system: NFL's(Draft pick compensation for losing players with no penalty on the team signing, 7 rounds, trading of picks) or MLB's(Draft pick compensation involving losing picks over signing players, 30+ rounds, no trading of draft picks on day of draft)
      Currently Playing:
      Cosmic Star Heroine(PS4), Rocket League(PS4), Steins;Gate 0(PS4)

Comment

NFL by a mile. It's like watching a game of chess, or poker.

Who's winning the EPL? Leicester City, or Tottemham?

Still My Champ
        Thanks, surrender.

Comment

NFL by a mile. It's like watching a game of chess, or poker.

Who's winning the EPL? Leicester City, or Tottemham?

Still My Champ
          Thanks, surrender.

Comment

Tottenham.

I have absolutely no knowledge of either team , nor the sport. I just like the sound of their name better.

Which has become more meaningless - The NBA All Star Game or The NFL Pro Bowl

Comment

Tottenham.

I have absolutely no knowledge of either team , nor the sport. I just like the sound of their name better.

Which has become more meaningless - The NBA All Star Game or The NFL Pro Bowl

Comment

The NFL pro bowl by far, at least with the NBA all-star game there are some fun contests like the dunk contest

Better draft to watch NFL or NBA

Comment

The NFL pro bowl by far, at least with the NBA all-star game there are some fun contests like the dunk contest

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post

The NFL , far more positions to fill , so much more uncertainty and drama. The fact that it's become a three day event speaks for itself. And personally I hate the fact they don't trade picks , instead they trade rights to a player after he's been drafted.

Ohhh he was drafted by Washington , but he's not going to play there. We'll find out in about twenty minutes where this guy that just got picked will actually be playing... ugh.

More important position - NFL Quarterback or MLB Starting Pitcher

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post

The NFL , far more positions to fill , so much more uncertainty and drama. The fact that it's become a three day event speaks for itself. And personally I hate the fact they don't trade picks , instead they trade rights to a player after he's been drafted.

Ohhh he was drafted by Washington , but he's not going to play there. We'll find out in about twenty minutes where this guy that just got picked will actually be playing... ugh.

More important position - NFL Quarterback or MLB Starting Pitcher

Comment

NFL Quarterback as they are the most important position in their sport. Starting pitching is becoming less important with the higher importance being put on the bullpen.

Better playoffs: NBA or MLB
                        surrender

First Ever PW Heavyweight Champion!

Comment

NFL Quarterback as they are the most important position in their sport. Starting pitching is becoming less important with the higher importance being put on the bullpen.

surrender

First Ever PW Heavyweight Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by SM(TBD) View Post

I'm going with NBA but it comes largely down to personal taste. I can't even watch the MLB or the playoffs until it gets to the World Series where as I watch the matchups in the NBA from the beginning. This year hasn't been all that great , and it could be tweaked a bit (5 game first rounds) but I still enjoy it more. Than again I would watch regular season NBA or most sports over playoff MLB so I'm a horrible person to answer.

Worse Commissioner - Gary Bettman or Roger Goodell

Comment

Originally posted by SM(TBD) View Post

I'm going with NBA but it comes largely down to personal taste. I can't even watch the MLB or the playoffs until it gets to the World Series where as I watch the matchups in the NBA from the beginning. This year hasn't been all that great , and it could be tweaked a bit (5 game first rounds) but I still enjoy it more. Than again I would watch regular season NBA or most sports over playoff MLB so I'm a horrible person to answer.

Worse Commissioner - Gary Bettman or Roger Goodell

Comment

Working...
                              X