Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This or That?- Sports Edition

Originally posted by SM(TBD) View Post
    NFL Quarterback as they are the most important position in their sport. Starting pitching is becoming less important with the higher importance being put on the bullpen.

Better playoffs: NBA or MLB
    MLB by far. NBA playoffs are too long and the first round are usually mismatches. MLB playoffs are exciting throughout and you never know who will win in a series.

Which franchise would be rather be a coach of: Cleveland Browns or Philadelphia 76ers?

All credit goes to surrender!

Comment

Originally posted by SM(TBD) View Post
      NFL Quarterback as they are the most important position in their sport. Starting pitching is becoming less important with the higher importance being put on the bullpen.

Better playoffs: NBA or MLB
      MLB by far. NBA playoffs are too long and the first round are usually mismatches. MLB playoffs are exciting throughout and you never know who will win in a series.

Which franchise would be rather be a coach of: Cleveland Browns or Philadelphia 76ers?

All credit goes to surrender!

Comment

The Browns by far. I think the NFL is a far more coach driven league and while the 76ers have been awful as of late , the Browns have been a snakebitten franchise forever now. You bring a title to Cleveland and you are a demigod and forever etched in sports hero lore. If you lose , you just become another glossed over footnote in a long list of failed Browns head coaches.

Worse Commissioner - Gary Bettman or Roger Goodell

Comment

The Browns by far. I think the NFL is a far more coach driven league and while the 76ers have been awful as of late , the Browns have been a snakebitten franchise forever now. You bring a title to Cleveland and you are a demigod and forever etched in sports hero lore. If you lose , you just become another glossed over footnote in a long list of failed Browns head coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Untouchable View Post

I don't recall any seasons ended or shortened because Goodell couldn't negotiate with the players' association nor does he implement a different playoff selection method or set of divisions seemingly every year, so Bettman is the worse of the two.

City that will win a championship in any sport next: Houston or Los Angeles.
            If all of mankind minus one were of of one opinion, and only one person of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
            -John Stuart Mill

Comment

Originally posted by Untouchable View Post

I don't recall any seasons ended or shortened because Goodell couldn't negotiate with the players' association nor does he implement a different playoff selection method or set of divisions seemingly every year, so Bettman is the worse of the two.

City that will win a championship in any sport next: Houston or Los Angeles.
              If all of mankind minus one were of of one opinion, and only one person of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
              -John Stuart Mill

Comment

LA Kings have the goalie and have some solid pieces to get another title win under their resume when it is all said and done and the Dodgers have the funds to always be a threat to win it all so Los Angeles. Rockets seem like a mess, Texans I think are missing a few pieces to really be a legit AFC threat(We have to see with Osweiler) and Astros have the youth but they are 1-2 reliable starters away from Kid Keuchel of being a favorite in the AL.

More exciting: Hail Mary or Walk Off Grand Slam?
                Currently Playing:
                Cosmic Star Heroine(PS4), Rocket League(PS4), Steins;Gate 0(PS4)

Comment

LA Kings have the goalie and have some solid pieces to get another title win under their resume when it is all said and done and the Dodgers have the funds to always be a threat to win it all so Los Angeles. Rockets seem like a mess, Texans I think are missing a few pieces to really be a legit AFC threat(We have to see with Osweiler) and Astros have the youth but they are 1-2 reliable starters away from Kid Keuchel of being a favorite in the AL.

More exciting: Hail Mary or Walk Off Grand Slam?
                  Currently Playing:
                  Cosmic Star Heroine(PS4), Rocket League(PS4), Steins;Gate 0(PS4)

Comment

Walk off granny....especially in a big game.

More disappointing...the ATL Braves start or Laremy Tunsil losing big cash in the draft?

Comment

More disappointing...the ATL Braves start or Laremy Tunsil losing big cash in the draft?

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Michaels View Post

Tunsil losing cash. I don't think Atlanta had high expectations to begin with.

Easier to watch at an international level: cricket or soccer.
                        -John Stuart Mill

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Michaels View Post

Tunsil losing cash. I don't think Atlanta had high expectations to begin with.

Easier to watch at an international level: cricket or soccer.
                          -John Stuart Mill

Comment

Cricket easily soccer is so boring.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
                                I agree. I'm Canadian, and I'd like to consider cricket being "European Baseball."

Still My Champ
                                Thanks, surrender.

Comment

Working...
                                X