Skip Bayless to leave ESPN AKA - ESPN GETTING RID OF EVERYONE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skip Bayless to leave ESPN AKA - ESPN GETTING RID OF EVERYONE

http://www.usatoday.com/videos/sport...4/26/83561124/ I'm so glad he is leaving, I know he would never get fired cause he's too big of a draw. So I'm glad he's leaving, I never watch Fox Sports anyway.

Re: Skip Bayless to leave ESPN

Are ESPN turning the corner? Schilling, Bayless and Cowherd all gone.

Comment

Are ESPN turning the corner? Schilling, Bayless and Cowherd all gone.

Comment

Wow Schilling is gone? Wasn't he Mr. Boston/Red Sox?!?!?! I know he was a big part of Sunday Night Baseball this year alongside Kruk and Pasch.

granted they will probably go hot after Big Papi in 2017 but still. What did Schilling do? Was it that post he made about gays and transgenders? Thought Schilling was relatively untouchable.

As for Skip, once you start to realize he's a troll and really doesn't provide much outside of trying to be different for the sake of it, you can start to appreciate him somewhat.

They still have Ray Lewis and Stephen "EVERYTHANG I SAY IS IM-PO-TINT!" A Smith who 10 years was great but has now embraced the screamin' black guy gimmick.

I am amazed Barry Melrose is still hangin' in there, hockey may be dead in ESPN's eyes but my god Barry still tries his best to ramp up the hockey on that channel.
        Currently Playing:
        Cosmic Star Heroine(PS4), Rocket League(PS4), Steins;Gate 0(PS4)

Comment

Wow Schilling is gone? Wasn't he Mr. Boston/Red Sox?!?!?! I know he was a big part of Sunday Night Baseball this year alongside Kruk and Pasch.

granted they will probably go hot after Big Papi in 2017 but still. What did Schilling do? Was it that post he made about gays and transgenders? Thought Schilling was relatively untouchable.

As for Skip, once you start to realize he's a troll and really doesn't provide much outside of trying to be different for the sake of it, you can start to appreciate him somewhat.

They still have Ray Lewis and Stephen "EVERYTHANG I SAY IS IM-PO-TINT!" A Smith who 10 years was great but has now embraced the screamin' black guy gimmick.

I am amazed Barry Melrose is still hangin' in there, hockey may be dead in ESPN's eyes but my god Barry still tries his best to ramp up the hockey on that channel.
          Currently Playing:

Comment

Who's gonna replace Skip on First Take now?

Still My Champ
            Thanks, surrender.

Comment

Who's gonna replace Skip on First Take now?

Still My Champ
              Thanks, surrender.

Comment

Skip Bayless is First Take. Without him it's just a debate show. I disagreed with him in quite a few things but I found some debates enjoyable from time to time. I don't think Stephen A Smith would do it with anybody else.

@Blindy I think he (Schilling) was fired for saying something about the North Carolina bathroom law.

-chaos-
                "My hit to miss ratio is sadness!"

Comment

Skip Bayless is First Take. Without him it's just a debate show. I disagreed with him in quite a few things but I found some debates enjoyable from time to time. I don't think Stephen A Smith would do it with anybody else.

@Blindy I think he (Schilling) was fired for saying something about the North Carolina bathroom law.

-chaos-
                  "My hit to miss ratio is sadness!"

Comment

Originally posted by G/B View Post

They'll probably throw Jalen Rose in. I do agree that Skip really is the face of that show so I don't know how they can move on with that show in that type of format.

Schilling's said a lot of stupid shit, I am just amazed ESPN had the balls to drop him.

Yeah I think that NC bathroom law involved a transgender not being allowed to go to the bathroom, I know that idiot ran his mouth off on that a week or so ago in twitter. How ESPN allowed that moron to post on twitter after what he has said on it is pretty crazy.

I know they let go of Harold Reynolds for hugging one of the female employees but Schilling was one of the untouchable's of that company, just shocked ESPN did it.
                    Currently Playing:

Comment

They'll probably throw Jalen Rose in. I do agree that Skip really is the face of that show so I don't know how they can move on with that show in that type of format.

Schilling's said a lot of stupid shit, I am just amazed ESPN had the balls to drop him.

Yeah I think that NC bathroom law involved a transgender not being allowed to go to the bathroom, I know that idiot ran his mouth off on that a week or so ago in twitter. How ESPN allowed that moron to post on twitter after what he has said on it is pretty crazy.

I know they let go of Harold Reynolds for hugging one of the female employees but Schilling was one of the untouchable's of that company, just shocked ESPN did it.
                      Currently Playing:

Comment

I thought Schilling was fired for complaining about Sunday Night Baseball's new female color analyst?

Still My Champ
                        Thanks, surrender.

Comment

I thought Schilling was fired for complaining about Sunday Night Baseball's new female color analyst?

Still My Champ
                          Thanks, surrender.

Comment

That was just the final straw. He said other things that have been leading up to it, including stuff on the air. I don't think he should have been fired because he made those particular comments on his personal time and not on the air. But ESPN does have the right to do so. But now I want to see if Jamelle Hill gets the same treatment because she is just as bad about the soapbox and she does it on the air far more than Schilling does.

If ESPN is serious about nixing political talk on the air, then they need to do it no matter what side of the political spectrum is involved.

Comment

That was just the final straw. He said other things that have been leading up to it, including stuff on the air. I don't think he should have been fired because he made those particular comments on his personal time and not on the air. But ESPN does have the right to do so. But now I want to see if Jamelle Hill gets the same treatment because she is just as bad about the soapbox and she does it on the air far more than Schilling does.

If ESPN is serious about nixing political talk on the air, then they need to do it no matter what side of the political spectrum is involved.

Comment

Working...
                              X