Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Movie Discussion thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Movie Discussion thread

My brother told me that when Gamora told Peter something felt off about the situation on Ego's planet, he felt it was really familiar to the Futurama episode where the shapeshifting alien cons Lila into marrying him by pretending he is the last male of her species and living on his planet, where in secret he had other various alien wives that were under the same impression.

I couldn't help but agree.

Credit to BezerroBizarro from DeviantArt and Lony for Resisizing!
    http://bezerrobizarro.deviantart.com...oshi-163705876
    Originally posted by Big Pete
    0 days since a Cena fight. C'mon guys we need to at least get it up to two.
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!

Comment

My brother told me that when Gamora told Peter something felt off about the situation on Ego's planet, he felt it was really familiar to the Futurama episode where the shapeshifting alien cons Lila into marrying him by pretending he is the last male of her species and living on his planet, where in secret he had other various alien wives that were under the same impression.

I couldn't help but agree.

Credit to BezerroBizarro from DeviantArt and Lony for Resisizing!
      http://bezerrobizarro.deviantart.com...oshi-163705876
      Originally posted by Big Pete
      0 days since a Cena fight. C'mon guys we need to at least get it up to two.
      http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!

Comment

I think while the first one is a little better, I enjoyed this one more cause the laughs are more funnier. Overall, I'd give it a 8.5 and I would watch again.

-chaos-
        "My hit to miss ratio is sadness!"

Comment

I think while the first one is a little better, I enjoyed this one more cause the laughs are more funnier. Overall, I'd give it a 8.5 and I would watch again.

-chaos-
          "My hit to miss ratio is sadness!"

Comment

Liked it. Thought I wouldn't since it had no Thanos progression and seemed like it'd be filler. Drax stole the show, although some of the laughing he did came off awkward at times. The ending where he said "on the inside"... I said that to myself right before he did and was shocked it was the line.

Comment

Liked it. Thought I wouldn't since it had no Thanos progression and seemed like it'd be filler. Drax stole the show, although some of the laughing he did came off awkward at times. The ending where he said "on the inside"... I said that to myself right before he did and was shocked it was the line.

Comment

To be fair, doing a genuine sounding fake laugh is often harder than a genuine seeming fake cry, and since Drax himself is socially awkward, it seeming a little off works.

Comment

To be fair, doing a genuine sounding fake laugh is often harder than a genuine seeming fake cry, and since Drax himself is socially awkward, it seeming a little off works.

Comment

What a fantastic fucking movie. Just amazing. Beautiful, funny, exciting, jaw-dropping ... what more can you ask for?

Fuck you, DC. Marvel is able to turn the nichiest of niche ideas into a powerhouse franchise and you've pissed away god damn SUPERMAN.

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

What a fantastic fucking movie. Just amazing. Beautiful, funny, exciting, jaw-dropping ... what more can you ask for?

Fuck you, DC. Marvel is able to turn the nichiest of niche ideas into a powerhouse franchise and you've pissed away god damn SUPERMAN.

Comment

It's mind boggling ain't it?

Well... don'tcha?

Comment

It's mind boggling ain't it?

Well... don'tcha?

Comment

I find it so interesting that Dawn of the Dead was done by Snyder and Gunn, then they end up in different companies and Gunn with characters who are basically nobodies does better than Snyder with icons. Then again you can tell Gunn loves comics, but Snyder seems to feel he can do better stories than the source material.
                            Flowers gathered in the morning,
                            Afternoon they blossom on,
                            Still are withered by the evening:
                            You can be me when I'm gone.

Comment

I find it so interesting that Dawn of the Dead was done by Snyder and Gunn, then they end up in different companies and Gunn with characters who are basically nobodies does better than Snyder with icons. Then again you can tell Gunn loves comics, but Snyder seems to feel he can do better stories than the source material.
                              Flowers gathered in the morning,
                              Afternoon they blossom on,
                              Still are withered by the evening:
                              You can be me when I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Engel View Post
                                Snyder just sees flaws in comic characters being written as heroes. For some reason, being "realistic" means being a conflicted, borderline psychotic person.

Comment

Working...
                                X