Doctor Who Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor Who Discussion Thread

I tried looking for the old thread but couldn't find it, so I'm making a new thread, to post the trailer for the upcoming tenth season of Doctor Who and to give us a place to discuss the show once new episodes start airing April 15th onwards. I'm not really sure how I feel about this upcoming season of Doctor Who, and in all honesty, I started losing interest in the show last season, so hopefully they'll be able to bring back that interest with the tenth season.

Banner Credit: Surrender
    Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

Anime Currently Watching
    Dragon Ball Super, Pokemon Sun & Moon

Re: Doctor Who Discussion Thread

*bump*

so anyone else been watching? Surprisingly strong season, and it's a shame that just as it seems Capaldi's hitting his stride it's time for him to go.

Nominee: PW's Most Knowledgeable Poster, 2006
    Co-winner: PW's Most Knowledgeable Nerd, 2006

Comment

*bump*

so anyone else been watching? Surprisingly strong season, and it's a shame that just as it seems Capaldi's hitting his stride it's time for him to go.

Nominee: PW's Most Knowledgeable Poster, 2006
      Co-winner: PW's Most Knowledgeable Nerd, 2006

Comment

10th season? More like twenty tenth. It's been going since 1963. Best Doctor Tom Baker. I haven't watched in years though.

Comment

10th season? More like twenty tenth. It's been going since 1963. Best Doctor Tom Baker. I haven't watched in years though.

Comment

Originally posted by Michinokudriver View Post
            *bump*

I've only seen the first half of this season so far, but I'm enjoying it, so much more so than I did of the previous season of Doctor Who (hands down my least favorite season of the show), it's good to see Doctor Who is back to being entertaining again.

Anime Currently Watching

Comment

Originally posted by Michinokudriver View Post
              *bump*

I've only seen the first half of this season so far, but I'm enjoying it, so much more so than I did of the previous season of Doctor Who (hands down my least favorite season of the show), it's good to see Doctor Who is back to being entertaining again.

Anime Currently Watching

Comment

I'm on season 2 now and I've really enjoyed it. It's so wacky and I dig the fact the transition between Christopher Eccleston and David Tennanton it is flawless.

Props to surrender for the great banner.

Comment

I'm on season 2 now and I've really enjoyed it. It's so wacky and I dig the fact the transition between Christopher Eccleston and David Tennanton it is flawless.

Props to surrender for the great banner.

Comment

This was the best Season since half way through Tenants run, I didn't like early Capaldi as he was too bumbling, but it all makes sense as a man trying to make sense of who he is.
                    Turns out the man is quite brilliant.

And spoilers... But the Master and Missy scenes were aamaaaazing.
                    I am not certain whether or not we have seen the last of Bill and Ardoll, does anyone know?

Comment

This was the best Season since half way through Tenants run, I didn't like early Capaldi as he was too bumbling, but it all makes sense as a man trying to make sense of who he is.
                      Turns out the man is quite brilliant.

And spoilers... But the Master and Missy scenes were aamaaaazing.
                      I am not certain whether or not we have seen the last of Bill and Ardoll, does anyone know?

Comment

Stopped watching during that super long break between seasons and just read a summary of what is up. Man I need to get through this.

Next season sounds really wild. Chibnall taking over for Moffat should be great. Moffat's style is getting predictable. Great run, but starting to lose steam. Rumors floating around that Phoebe Waller-Bridge will be the next doctor, which is just about the only way I can see to regenerate Capaldi into something fresh that does not just duplicate one of the prior doctors. Loved her in Fleabag. A seductive female doctor would be quite the change of script.
                        Flowers gathered in the morning,
                        Afternoon they blossom on,
                        Still are withered by the evening:
                        You can be me when I'm gone.

Comment

Stopped watching during that super long break between seasons and just read a summary of what is up. Man I need to get through this.

Next season sounds really wild. Chibnall taking over for Moffat should be great. Moffat's style is getting predictable. Great run, but starting to lose steam. Rumors floating around that Phoebe Waller-Bridge will be the next doctor, which is just about the only way I can see to regenerate Capaldi into something fresh that does not just duplicate one of the prior doctors. Loved her in Fleabag. A seductive female doctor would be quite the change of script.
                          Flowers gathered in the morning,
                          Afternoon they blossom on,
                          Still are withered by the evening:
                          You can be me when I'm gone.

Comment

If it's a female doctor I won't watch it, and I have seen or read every episode there is.
                            I'm not a fan of Moffat and glad to see him go.

Comment

If it's a female doctor I won't watch it, and I have seen or read every episode there is.
                              I'm not a fan of Moffat and glad to see him go.

Comment

Working...
                              X