Netflix's Iron Fist Discussion Thread w/ Trailer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netflix's Iron Fist Discussion Thread w/ Trailer

"Game of Thrones" star Finn Jones will play martial arts master Danny Rand in "Iron Fist" Netflix series, according to Entertainment Weekly. The report of the casting originally surfaced in That Hashtag Show podcast.

CBR News has reached out to Marvel Television and Netflix for confirmation. Both Marvel and Netflix declined comment on EW's report.

Here's how Marvel describes the series: "Returning to New York City after being missing for years, Daniel Rand fights against the criminal element corrupting New York City with his incredible kung-fu mastery and ability to summon the awesome power of the fiery Iron Fist."

In addition to his role as Loras Tyrell on "Game of Thrones," Jones has appeared in "The Last Showing" and "Sleeping Beauty."
    "Six Feet Under" and "Dexter" veteran Scott Buck will serve as showrunner on Netflix's "Iron Fist." No timeline for the show has been announced, however. "Jessica Jones" debuted on Netflix in November, while "Luke Cage" is now in production. With "Daredevil's" second season already planned, it seems likely "Iron Fist" won't premiere until at least 2017.
    Link: http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...tar-finn-jones

I think I'm pretty happy with this casting. Can't wait to see the Iron Fist series.

Spoiler

Re: Marvel has their Iron Fist

Yeah I dig the casting as well. Can't wait for this show.

Well... don'tcha?

Comment

Yeah I dig the casting as well. Can't wait for this show.

Well... don'tcha?

Comment

So stoked! Daredevil was fantastic, Jessica Jones was mostly entertaining. I'll definitely give Luke Cage a chance, and Iron Fist the benefit of the doubt regardless on how Cage turns out.

-Hayze

Originally posted by iNCY
        yes I am a little bitch.

Comment

So stoked! Daredevil was fantastic, Jessica Jones was mostly entertaining. I'll definitely give Luke Cage a chance, and Iron Fist the benefit of the doubt regardless on how Cage turns out.

-Hayze

Originally posted by iNCY
          yes I am a little bitch.

Comment

So far Marvel is 2/2 on Netflix and batting a near 1000 when it comes to casting, they could have told me Harrison Ford was cast to play Iron Fist and I would be confused, but on board.

Until they fuck up, they have the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

So far Marvel is 2/2 on Netflix and batting a near 1000 when it comes to casting, they could have told me Harrison Ford was cast to play Iron Fist and I would be confused, but on board.

Until they fuck up, they have the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

I can stand behind this, I like him on GoT and I think I can dig him as Iron Fist.. and of course, there are some on social media crying about the casting because.. you know.. he's white... Non-comic fans.. they make me cry
                Now you're on the field callin' me an asshole, 'Cause I roped up your body like a lasso

And I could be just like Mr. HK, runnin' cause a melee
                Bring my team a W, I'm poppin' shots like Pele

Comment

I can stand behind this, I like him on GoT and I think I can dig him as Iron Fist.. and of course, there are some on social media crying about the casting because.. you know.. he's white... Non-comic fans.. they make me cry
                  Now you're on the field callin' me an asshole, 'Cause I roped up your body like a lasso

And I could be just like Mr. HK, runnin' cause a melee
                  Bring my team a W, I'm poppin' shots like Pele

Comment

Originally posted by SensesFailed View Post
                    I think people's feelings on the casting is quite valid though.

I understand that the comic book character is white, but I think it would've been a good idea to retcon the character and make him Asian. Especially since the creation of Iron Fist was inspired by Asian characters and Kung Fu movies. He's heavily Asian influenced.

Nonetheless, I'll definitely check it out.

Are you ready to get Waffed up?
                    TEAMWaff
                    appreciating wafflism

Comment

Originally posted by SensesFailed View Post
                      I think people's feelings on the casting is quite valid though.

I understand that the comic book character is white, but I think it would've been a good idea to retcon the character and make him Asian. Especially since the creation of Iron Fist was inspired by Asian characters and Kung Fu movies. He's heavily Asian influenced.

Nonetheless, I'll definitely check it out.

Are you ready to get Waffed up?
                      TEAMWaff
                      appreciating wafflism

Comment

Some more Iron Fist casting news, as Marvel has reportedly cast Jessica Henwick for the role of Colleen Wing.

"Star Wars: The Force Awakens" star Jessica Henwick is rocketing over to Netflix for Marvel's "Iron Fist." According to Entertainment Weekly, she'll play martial arts expert Colleen Wing, who "will serve as an invaluable ally to Iron Fist, aka Danny Rand (Finn Jones), as he returns to his life in New York."

Marvel confirmed the casting with CBR.

In addition to her fan-favorite role as Jessika Pava in "Star Wars: The Force Awakens," Henwick appeared as one of the Sand Snakes in HBO's "Game of Thrones."

In the series, said only to be "coming soon," Daniel Rand returns to New York City after being missing for years. There he fights the criminal element corrupting the city "with his incredible kung-fu mastery and ability to summon the awesome power of the fiery Iron Fist."

"Six Feet Under" and "Dexter" veteran Scott Buck will serve as showrunner on Netflix's "Iron Fist," which stars Finn Jones in the title role. With "Luke Cage" scheduled for a September 30 debut, it seems likely "Iron Fist" won't premiere until at least 2017.
                        http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...s-colleen-wing

Banner Credit: Surrender
                        Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

Anime Currently Watching
                        Dragon Ball Super, Pokemon Sun & Moon

Comment

Some more Iron Fist casting news, as Marvel has reportedly cast Jessica Henwick for the role of Colleen Wing.

"Star Wars: The Force Awakens" star Jessica Henwick is rocketing over to Netflix for Marvel's "Iron Fist." According to Entertainment Weekly, she'll play martial arts expert Colleen Wing, who "will serve as an invaluable ally to Iron Fist, aka Danny Rand (Finn Jones), as he returns to his life in New York."

Marvel confirmed the casting with CBR.

In addition to her fan-favorite role as Jessika Pava in "Star Wars: The Force Awakens," Henwick appeared as one of the Sand Snakes in HBO's "Game of Thrones."

In the series, said only to be "coming soon," Daniel Rand returns to New York City after being missing for years. There he fights the criminal element corrupting the city "with his incredible kung-fu mastery and ability to summon the awesome power of the fiery Iron Fist."

"Six Feet Under" and "Dexter" veteran Scott Buck will serve as showrunner on Netflix's "Iron Fist," which stars Finn Jones in the title role. With "Luke Cage" scheduled for a September 30 debut, it seems likely "Iron Fist" won't premiere until at least 2017.
                          http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...s-colleen-wing

Anime Currently Watching

Comment

Iron Fist teaser trailer from San Diego Comic-Con. Not much to go on, but then it's just a teaser.

Anime Currently Watching

Comment

Iron Fist teaser trailer from San Diego Comic-Con. Not much to go on, but then it's just a teaser.

Anime Currently Watching

Comment

Working...
                              X