No announcement yet.

Power Rangers Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bryan Cranston as Zordon! CONFIRMED!!

The Trailer is out.

I like it. It's not without reasons to worry, but solid none the less

God help and forgive me,
    I wanna build something thatís gonna outlive me

Comment

Looks serious. Hope there's some humor involved.

Comment

Looks serious. Hope there's some humor involved.

Comment

Any hype I had for this movie is now dead. Holy shit that looks awful. Did they even watch the TV show? This looks about as joyful as a hospital waiting room. Don't like that they literally have superpowers either. I was in 3rd grade when the Rangers hit the US. I'm thinking back to that and this ain't that. Not even close.

I didn't know what they were going for before seeing the trailer, but now I do. This movie was not made for me, a childhood OG Rangers fan. This has to be some of that later shit that kids a decade younger grew up with. Maybe they'll hit some notes I'm familiar with, but if that's the overall direction they're going in, this is my stop. Those aren't my Rangers, that ain't my Rita, and this ain't my movie.

I half expected "Directed by Michael Bay" to pop up.

Comment

Any hype I had for this movie is now dead. Holy shit that looks awful. Did they even watch the TV show? This looks about as joyful as a hospital waiting room. Don't like that they literally have superpowers either. I was in 3rd grade when the Rangers hit the US. I'm thinking back to that and this ain't that. Not even close.

I didn't know what they were going for before seeing the trailer, but now I do. This movie was not made for me, a childhood OG Rangers fan. This has to be some of that later shit that kids a decade younger grew up with. Maybe they'll hit some notes I'm familiar with, but if that's the overall direction they're going in, this is my stop. Those aren't my Rangers, that ain't my Rita, and this ain't my movie.

Comment

More popcorn for me, then, because this looks fucking awesome and is 200 percent my movie.

Comment

More popcorn for me, then, because this looks fucking awesome and is 200 percent my movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Krimzon View Post

REALLY?!

I'm a "OG Rangers fan" as well, but we have to realize that this was never going to be "Our Rangers"

This is the evolution of the Rangers. MMPR was the Rangers the 90's needed. We even got a movie based on them already.

This is the rangers that 2017 needs. We have to be willing to evolve with the times.

There will still be tons to love for "OG" fans. Imagine the first time we hear the new kids say "It's morphin' Time!"

or seeing the MegaZord! The F'n MegaZord!

Plus, we haven't seen the suit's fully, we haven't seen any action, there was only a little touch in this Teaser.

Give this movie another chance. I think it will surprise you.

God help and forgive me,

Comment

REALLY?!

I'm a "OG Rangers fan" as well, but we have to realize that this was never going to be "Our Rangers"

This is the evolution of the Rangers. MMPR was the Rangers the 90's needed. We even got a movie based on them already.

This is the rangers that 2017 needs. We have to be willing to evolve with the times.

There will still be tons to love for "OG" fans. Imagine the first time we hear the new kids say "It's morphin' Time!"

or seeing the MegaZord! The F'n MegaZord!

Plus, we haven't seen the suit's fully, we haven't seen any action, there was only a little touch in this Teaser.

Give this movie another chance. I think it will surprise you.

God help and forgive me,

Comment

I'm the same age as Krimzon (OG fan starting in third grade with first season), and I thought the trailer was fucking great. I cannot wait!

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

I'm the same age as Krimzon (OG fan starting in third grade with first season), and I thought the trailer was fucking great. I cannot wait!

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

After watching it a few more times, I'm softening a bit. It was just so jarring the first time around. It does have some potential, but I still think them having superpowers is one crutch too many. I think there's more value in regular kids learning martial arts and using that instead of being superhuman, especially in this day and age. There's a new superhero movie every time you blink. It's unnecessary, especially with zords. If you can summon mythical tech robots, superpowers are kinda redundant. It also invokes memories and images of Chronicle.

Still not sold on Rita, though the theory that she killed/is the Green Ranger is interesting.

Comment

After watching it a few more times, I'm softening a bit. It was just so jarring the first time around. It does have some potential, but I still think them having superpowers is one crutch too many. I think there's more value in regular kids learning martial arts and using that instead of being superhuman, especially in this day and age. There's a new superhero movie every time you blink. It's unnecessary, especially with zords. If you can summon mythical tech robots, superpowers are kinda redundant. It also invokes memories and images of Chronicle.

Still not sold on Rita, though the theory that she killed/is the Green Ranger is interesting.

Comment

Right! I love where they could go with the Green Ranger.

Some of your concerns are completely valid, I'm not crazy about the whole "Super Powers" thing. I liked the fact, that when they faced too many Putty's or a Monster, they were overwhelmed until they morphed. But I understand this is a completely different story.

So who the post credit scene, what are you guys hoping for? Personally, I'd like either Tommy(Evil or joining the Rangers) or Lord Zedd. Lord Zedd is one of the few characters that I don't think need much of an Update. He still looks badass as fuck.

God help and forgive me,

Comment

Right! I love where they could go with the Green Ranger.

Some of your concerns are completely valid, I'm not crazy about the whole "Super Powers" thing. I liked the fact, that when they faced too many Putty's or a Monster, they were overwhelmed until they morphed. But I understand this is a completely different story.

So who the post credit scene, what are you guys hoping for? Personally, I'd like either Tommy(Evil or joining the Rangers) or Lord Zedd. Lord Zedd is one of the few characters that I don't think need much of an Update. He still looks badass as fuck.

God help and forgive me,

Comment

Working...
                                X