Power Rangers Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Power Rangers Movie Discussion Thread

Due to the very poor opening day of Power Rangers in China, it looks unlikely that there'll be any sequels.

$85 in US box office, and an estimated $60 million in foreign box office. They get to keep about half of the US ($43 million), and a third of foreign ($20 million) because of theater costs/taxes/other costs. That's about $63 million.

The budget for Power Rangers was $100 million, not including marketing/advertising costs. Power Rangers might be able to close the gap with toy sales, home release, and merchandising, but best chance scenario is a zero gain from the movie.

I know Saban is very passionate about making this a franchise, so he might try to steamroll another film into being made, but without support from China's box office, investors might not take much interest. Japan's release date is July (only major market not to open yet), so they would have to do amazeballs for there to be any hope really.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme.../#327defa952e4

Want to see an Atheist-centric YouTube show? Subscribe to Atheist News!

My latest video- Reject Religion- music video set to "Pork and Beans" by Weezer.

Comment

Due to the very poor opening day of Power Rangers in China, it looks unlikely that there'll be any sequels.

$85 in US box office, and an estimated $60 million in foreign box office. They get to keep about half of the US ($43 million), and a third of foreign ($20 million) because of theater costs/taxes/other costs. That's about $63 million.

The budget for Power Rangers was $100 million, not including marketing/advertising costs. Power Rangers might be able to close the gap with toy sales, home release, and merchandising, but best chance scenario is a zero gain from the movie.

I know Saban is very passionate about making this a franchise, so he might try to steamroll another film into being made, but without support from China's box office, investors might not take much interest. Japan's release date is July (only major market not to open yet), so they would have to do amazeballs for there to be any hope really.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme.../#327defa952e4

Want to see an Atheist-centric YouTube show? Subscribe to Atheist News!

My latest video- Reject Religion- music video set to "Pork and Beans" by Weezer.

Comment

Dammit.

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

Dammit.

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

Working...
          X