This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Marvel Movie News Thread 2.0

There is a Miles Morales movie coming out, from Phil Lord and Christopher Miller (The Lego Movie), granted it'll be animated, but it's a start, and hopefully will lead to Morales being introduced into the live action movies, later on down the line.

Banner Credit: Surrender
    Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

Anime Currently Watching
    Dragon Ball Super, Pokemon Sun & Moon

Comment

There is a Miles Morales movie coming out, from Phil Lord and Christopher Miller (The Lego Movie), granted it'll be animated, but it's a start, and hopefully will lead to Morales being introduced into the live action movies, later on down the line.

Banner Credit: Surrender
      Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

Anime Currently Watching
      Dragon Ball Super, Pokemon Sun & Moon

Comment

I can't see Marvel and Sony parting ways. Marvel will be willing to pay big to keep him for upcoming gigs phases and Sony would be mental to back out of an ongoing deal what it's a certain moneymaker. Just keep things as they are but have the spinoffs like Venom your chance to do what you want completely with Spider Man.

Comment

I can't see Marvel and Sony parting ways. Marvel will be willing to pay big to keep him for upcoming gigs phases and Sony would be mental to back out of an ongoing deal what it's a certain moneymaker. Just keep things as they are but have the spinoffs like Venom your chance to do what you want completely with Spider Man.

Comment

Looking into it more turns out Amy Pascal does not speak for either company. So this is all really weird. Here is her comments:

One of the things that I think is so amazing about this experience is that you don’t have studios deciding to work together to make a film very often. In fact, it may never happen again—after we do the sequel.

Because Sony and Disney and Marvel all decided that the right thing to do was to allow Peter Parker and Spider-Man to be in the MCU, and to work with the Marvel guys and have them produce this film, and I think that was a very rare thing for three companies to do and a very brilliant thing for them to decide to do, because there are only so many stories that you know you can tell again and again and again about Spidey, and this is something that we would never been able to do in any other way. So, it was a very selfless thing that was very smart on the part of all the companies.
            Flowers gathered in the morning,
            Afternoon they blossom on,
            Still are withered by the evening:
            You can be me when I'm gone.

Comment

Looking into it more turns out Amy Pascal does not speak for either company. So this is all really weird. Here is her comments:

One of the things that I think is so amazing about this experience is that you don’t have studios deciding to work together to make a film very often. In fact, it may never happen again—after we do the sequel.

Because Sony and Disney and Marvel all decided that the right thing to do was to allow Peter Parker and Spider-Man to be in the MCU, and to work with the Marvel guys and have them produce this film, and I think that was a very rare thing for three companies to do and a very brilliant thing for them to decide to do, because there are only so many stories that you know you can tell again and again and again about Spidey, and this is something that we would never been able to do in any other way. So, it was a very selfless thing that was very smart on the part of all the companies.
              Flowers gathered in the morning,
              Afternoon they blossom on,
              Still are withered by the evening:
              You can be me when I'm gone.

Comment

There is nothing selfless about it.

Sony won't sell the rights because it would cost Marvel almost half as much as Disney paid for the entire brand. They are continually getting reamed at the box office and in reviews for what they are doing with spiderman now that there is something to compare it too.

They basically signed a sweetheart deal with Marvel whereby they make money and let a production company that knows how to get shit done... Do it.

The only loss is that they can't effectively do a shared Spidey universe. But that shouldn't fucking happen anyway. (a goddamned Sinister Six movie... *shakes head )

Fucken onwards and upwards~!

2008 Sports Empire HALL OF FAME

Comment

There is nothing selfless about it.

Sony won't sell the rights because it would cost Marvel almost half as much as Disney paid for the entire brand. They are continually getting reamed at the box office and in reviews for what they are doing with spiderman now that there is something to compare it too.

They basically signed a sweetheart deal with Marvel whereby they make money and let a production company that knows how to get shit done... Do it.

The only loss is that they can't effectively do a shared Spidey universe. But that shouldn't fucking happen anyway. (a goddamned Sinister Six movie... *shakes head )

Comment

Defenders hits Netflix on August 18th.

Comment

Defenders hits Netflix on August 18th.

Comment

Is it August yet?

Spoiler

*Many thanks to the amazing surrender for my banner*
                        #TeamAuthority
                        R.E.A.L

Comment

Is it August yet?

Spoiler

*Many thanks to the amazing surrender for my banner*
                          #TeamAuthority
                          R.E.A.L

Comment

Honestly didn't know it was already coming out. Nice we'll get a mini-Avengers to tide us over until 2018.

Comment

Honestly didn't know it was already coming out. Nice we'll get a mini-Avengers to tide us over until 2018.

Comment

So noone has anything to say about the new Thor Ragnarok Trailer?

Comment

Working...
                                X