This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marvel Movie News

Just got back from seeing Fantastic 4 and all I can say is...Wow. And not in a good way.

I respect Josh Trank for having the balls to provide a different take, but...this movie has no heart to it. Like at all. It really felt like just a money grab by Fox just so they can hoard the license from Marvel Studios.

I mean, I don't even like the F4 in the comics or cartoon version and yet still I'm just like...damn.

Comment

well it seems to be coming out Fox highjacked the movie essentially from trank.

rumor is just before shooting they pulled 2 big action scenes that were planned and then when it went to editing they completely took over and pieced together the movie they wanted.

check collider movie talk over on youtube.
      "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

Comment

well it seems to be coming out Fox highjacked the movie essentially from trank.

rumor is just before shooting they pulled 2 big action scenes that were planned and then when it went to editing they completely took over and pieced together the movie they wanted.

check collider movie talk over on youtube.
        "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

Comment

Originally posted by SM(Stardust) View Post
          I think it will do around 20M opening weekend.
          Per my facebook notices:

Fantastic Four: Marvel Superhero Earns $11.3 Million on Opening Friday Amid Poor Reviews
          No major superhero film has opened at below $35 million since "The Green Lantern" in 2011, according to Forbes. "Fantastic Four" had a 9 percent score on Rotten Tomatoes as of Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by SM(Stardust) View Post
            I think it will do around 20M opening weekend.
            Per my facebook notices:

Fantastic Four: Marvel Superhero Earns $11.3 Million on Opening Friday Amid Poor Reviews
            No major superhero film has opened at below $35 million since "The Green Lantern" in 2011, according to Forbes. "Fantastic Four" had a 9 percent score on Rotten Tomatoes as of Saturday.

Comment

So rumors are now saying we could see a Deadpool sequel in the place of Fantastic Four 2. That would be smart, and hopefully it introduces Cable and leads to X-Force

Comment

So rumors are now saying we could see a Deadpool sequel in the place of Fantastic Four 2. That would be smart, and hopefully it introduces Cable and leads to X-Force

Comment

$26 million for Fantastic Four. Why even bother with the franchise at this point? It's box office poison.

Comment

$26 million for Fantastic Four. Why even bother with the franchise at this point? It's box office poison.

Comment

I understand they now want something in Fantastic Four 2's release date- but putting Deadpool 2 there might be rushing the project.

Want to see an Atheist-centric YouTube show? Subscribe to Atheist News!

My latest video- Reject Religion- music video set to "Pork and Beans" by Weezer.

Comment

I understand they now want something in Fantastic Four 2's release date- but putting Deadpool 2 there might be rushing the project.

My latest video- Reject Religion- music video set to "Pork and Beans" by Weezer.

Comment

Originally posted by Krimzon View Post
                          I don't know about the franchise being box office poison. I think done right, it could still be successful but sadly, this film isn't it. This was always looking like a train wreck.

Spoiler

Comment

Originally posted by Krimzon View Post
                            I don't know about the franchise being box office poison. I think done right, it could still be successful but sadly, this film isn't it. This was always looking like a train wreck.

Spoiler

Comment

I really doubt Fox will try and reboot again one day. I see one of two things happening now:

1. Fox and Marvel negotiate- Marvel gets Fantastic Four and all related characters back, in exchange for merchandising/television rights for the X-men.

2. Fox holds on to the Fantastic Four until the rights lapse. One less superhero property as competition until then.

I really hope for option 1. Not so much for the Fantastic Four, but for Annihilus, Galactus, and Dr. Doom. They could be used so well in existing properties (Annihilus in Ant-Man or Guardians of the Galaxy; Galactus in Avengers or Guardians; Doom in Avengers or Iron Man).

Comment

I really doubt Fox will try and reboot again one day. I see one of two things happening now:

1. Fox and Marvel negotiate- Marvel gets Fantastic Four and all related characters back, in exchange for merchandising/television rights for the X-men.

2. Fox holds on to the Fantastic Four until the rights lapse. One less superhero property as competition until then.

I really hope for option 1. Not so much for the Fantastic Four, but for Annihilus, Galactus, and Dr. Doom. They could be used so well in existing properties (Annihilus in Ant-Man or Guardians of the Galaxy; Galactus in Avengers or Guardians; Doom in Avengers or Iron Man).

Comment

Working...
                                X