This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marvel Movie News

So far my favorite description of Doctor Doom is: "the disco gimp version of the Tin-Man."
    Originally posted by Black Dynamite
    Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

Comment

So far my favorite description of Doctor Doom is: "the disco gimp version of the Tin-Man."
      Originally posted by Black Dynamite
      Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

Comment

Anybody with a brain would have told you that this movie would be garbage from the very first detail about it was released. None of this shocks me at all. You had the entire cast gleefully boasting about how this would have nothing to do with the Fantastic Four comics. They've seriously made the previous two movies look like The Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy. All parties involved should be ashamed of themselves and feel embarrassed about making that statement not completely hyperbolic.

Comment

Anybody with a brain would have told you that this movie would be garbage from the very first detail about it was released. None of this shocks me at all. You had the entire cast gleefully boasting about how this would have nothing to do with the Fantastic Four comics. They've seriously made the previous two movies look like The Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy. All parties involved should be ashamed of themselves and feel embarrassed about making that statement not completely hyperbolic.

Comment

The guy that plays disco gimp tin man said most of the reshoots had to do with him. That is the public outcry that happened over things he said in the press, and when folks found out his name wasn't gonna be Doom in the film.

I'm not surprised Trank said what he did in that Tweet. Going back well over six months the buzz was the studio was unhappy with the finished product. I would say the film probably has been heavily edited from what he wanted. Now whether it not that still would have sucked or not... We won't know...

I think personally it still would have sucked... But you never know with critics.

Well... don'tcha?

Comment

The guy that plays disco gimp tin man said most of the reshoots had to do with him. That is the public outcry that happened over things he said in the press, and when folks found out his name wasn't gonna be Doom in the film.

I'm not surprised Trank said what he did in that Tweet. Going back well over six months the buzz was the studio was unhappy with the finished product. I would say the film probably has been heavily edited from what he wanted. Now whether it not that still would have sucked or not... We won't know...

I think personally it still would have sucked... But you never know with critics.

Well... don'tcha?

Comment

I'll be watching the box office this weekend intently. Projections put anywhere from $45 million-$50 million opening weekend... but I cannot see how so many people would be interested in this. Reviews terrible, comic fans reject it, and trailers look boring. If it does pull off the estimate, I think it still might crash and burn afterwards even harder than Terminator Genisys did (which will end it's U.S. box office with less than $100 million, and looks to have killed the intended franchise).

Want to see an Atheist-centric YouTube show? Subscribe to Atheist News!

My latest video- Reject Religion- music video set to "Pork and Beans" by Weezer.

Comment

I'll be watching the box office this weekend intently. Projections put anywhere from $45 million-$50 million opening weekend... but I cannot see how so many people would be interested in this. Reviews terrible, comic fans reject it, and trailers look boring. If it does pull off the estimate, I think it still might crash and burn afterwards even harder than Terminator Genisys did (which will end it's U.S. box office with less than $100 million, and looks to have killed the intended franchise).

Want to see an Atheist-centric YouTube show? Subscribe to Atheist News!

My latest video- Reject Religion- music video set to "Pork and Beans" by Weezer.

Comment

Anybody see this yet? Really curious what actual people think. And by actual I mean you people.

Well... don'tcha?

Comment

Anybody see this yet? Really curious what actual people think. And by actual I mean you people.

Well... don'tcha?

Comment

Not yet, Spotty... though I`ll probably go see it over the weekend.

Banner Credit: Surrender
                        Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

Anime Currently Watching
                        Dragon Ball Super, Pokemon Sun & Moon

Comment

Not yet, Spotty... though I`ll probably go see it over the weekend.

Banner Credit: Surrender
                          Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

Anime Currently Watching
                          Dragon Ball Super, Pokemon Sun & Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Voxtz View Post
                            I think it will do around 20M opening weekend.
                            surrender

First Ever PW Heavyweight Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Voxtz View Post
                              I think it will do around 20M opening weekend.
                              surrender

First Ever PW Heavyweight Champion!

Comment

Just got back from seeing Fantastic 4 and all I can say is...Wow. And not in a good way.

I respect Josh Trank for having the balls to provide a different take, but...this movie has no heart to it. Like at all. It really felt like just a money grab by Fox just so they can hoard the license from Marvel Studios.

I mean, I don't even like the F4 in the comics or cartoon version and yet still I'm just like...damn.

Comment

Working...
                                X