This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Marvel Movie News Thread 2.0

There is no conspiracy against the captain marvel movie. This isn't the first time the schedule has been changed due to new assets, or another movie. In fact this time black Panther got moved forward on the schedule. Where as last time it got moved back. In short all this is open change... And it could very easily change again between now and then.

Well... don'tcha?

Comment

Credit to BezerroBizarro from DeviantArt and Lony for Resisizing!
      http://bezerrobizarro.deviantart.com...oshi-163705876
      Originally posted by Big Pete
      0 days since a Cena fight. C'mon guys we need to at least get it up to two.
      http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!

Comment

Credit to BezerroBizarro from DeviantArt and Lony for Resisizing!
        http://bezerrobizarro.deviantart.com...oshi-163705876
        Originally posted by Big Pete
        0 days since a Cena fight. C'mon guys we need to at least get it up to two.
        http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!

Comment

It's like Mission Impossible...........with Ant's!

God help and forgive me,
          I wanna build something thatís gonna outlive me

Comment

It's like Mission Impossible...........with Ant's!

God help and forgive me,
            I wanna build something thatís gonna outlive me

Comment

Surely of the three announced movies. We might actually get a good Hulk film. Too bad he will be 53 by the time that movie would hit.

Also I would really like a Black Widow and Winter Soldier film(Combined). Back story city.(Secret Wolverine appearance???)

I do think one of the guarantees from that batch will be a second Spidey film. Just wondering if they will go original or try for a "straight from the comics" storyline.

Also just back on the FF issue. Surely at this point Marvel could sue Fox for lost revenue due to how poorly they have been portrayed on screen. I mean they had to remove any reference to the Fantastic Four from their comics line because of how piss poorly the movie was going to be received. There has to be some legal grounds to get the rights back strictly due to that.

The one thing I am missing from the Marvel movies has been the relationship between the FF and the rest of the Marvel universe. (spidey and Torch), Reed and Tony(and by extension Cap), Ben as the grounded street level connection and Sue who is basically the mother figure of the Marvel Universe. There is so much they could do better with the Fantastic Four involved.

Fucken onwards and upwards~!

2008 Sports Empire HALL OF FAME

Comment

Surely of the three announced movies. We might actually get a good Hulk film. Too bad he will be 53 by the time that movie would hit.

Also I would really like a Black Widow and Winter Soldier film(Combined). Back story city.(Secret Wolverine appearance???)

I do think one of the guarantees from that batch will be a second Spidey film. Just wondering if they will go original or try for a "straight from the comics" storyline.

Also just back on the FF issue. Surely at this point Marvel could sue Fox for lost revenue due to how poorly they have been portrayed on screen. I mean they had to remove any reference to the Fantastic Four from their comics line because of how piss poorly the movie was going to be received. There has to be some legal grounds to get the rights back strictly due to that.

The one thing I am missing from the Marvel movies has been the relationship between the FF and the rest of the Marvel universe. (spidey and Torch), Reed and Tony(and by extension Cap), Ben as the grounded street level connection and Sue who is basically the mother figure of the Marvel Universe. There is so much they could do better with the Fantastic Four involved.

Fucken onwards and upwards~!

2008 Sports Empire HALL OF FAME

Comment

Marvel doesn't control the Spidey movies. They just get to use him in their movies and Feige gets to help Sony with the movies

Comment

Marvel doesn't control the Spidey movies. They just get to use him in their movies and Feige gets to help Sony with the movies

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Jericho View Post
                      You can't compare one franchise at one studio to another franchise at a different studio and say "see what happened there, that's what's going to here."

Downey as Stark is the draw, not just Downey. It's an iconic character/performance; you can't separate the two as much you desperately want to in order to make your point.
                      Sure, maybe for some. But I've also seen six Superman movies and 2 tv series with five different actors playing Superman and 7 Batman movies and 3 tv series with 6 different actors as Bruce. I don't think the actor is as important as others do. Sure, miscasting a role can doom a project but I haven't seen anything from Downey that makes me think he's the only actor that can play the role.

Originally posted by the spot View Post
                      The movies are gonna be just fine. The guy who has pretty much been in charge the whole time. Is now just officially in charge. Disney decided Feige is more important to their success than Perlmutter. So at the risk of continuing to repeat myself... I'm gonna go with their assessment over yours. Especially since you didn't really know who either man was before this stupid tangent of this thread.

You're just wrong man. Reframe it over and over in more narrow ways to fit your penny pinching premise. But The wider facts remain the same. Disney thinks Feige is right and Perlmutter is wrong. And the reason for that is the movies we've already seen. The success as they see it is due to Feige not Perlmutter. Who was losing anyway. They just cut out the middleman.

I'm done now. There is no rebuttal to that other than " I think they are wrong". So let's just skip ahead to the part where everyone acknowledges you feel that way. But understands that Disney probably has a better understanding of the whole situation than you do.
                      I knew who both were long before this discussion. And the dozens of articles I've read over the years all agree that Feige and Perlemutter's biggest disagreements were always over Money with Feige wanting to spend more and Perlemutter's wanting to spend less. I always chalked it up to the fact that Perlemutter was with Marvel when the money wasn't good and Feige wanted to take advantage of Disney's deep pockets.

I'm not saying Feige won't do well. I'm sure the Disney execs will reign him in if he gets too spend happy. I've just seen a lot of people take more risks with money when they know someone else is paying the bill. Perlemutter's always acted like it was his money and that can be both a good thing and a bad thing.

I applaud Feige for wanting to keep the continuity and show loyalty to Downey even at that cost. I'm sure the deal probably includes likeness uses for all of the tie ins and that increases the value. I just cringe at the thought that it takes that much money to lure an actor back to play a role that revitalized his career and that he seems born to play.
                      Insei makes the best banners and avs
                      "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."
                      "It is the responsibility of intellectuals to speak the truth and expose lies."
                      Both quotes by Noam Chomsky
                      "We are all Africans." -- Richard Dawkins
                      Sports Empire HOF 2008 PW HOF 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Jericho View Post
                        You can't compare one franchise at one studio to another franchise at a different studio and say "see what happened there, that's what's going to here."

Downey as Stark is the draw, not just Downey. It's an iconic character/performance; you can't separate the two as much you desperately want to in order to make your point.
                        Sure, maybe for some. But I've also seen six Superman movies and 2 tv series with five different actors playing Superman and 7 Batman movies and 3 tv series with 6 different actors as Bruce. I don't think the actor is as important as others do. Sure, miscasting a role can doom a project but I haven't seen anything from Downey that makes me think he's the only actor that can play the role.

Originally posted by the spot View Post
                        The movies are gonna be just fine. The guy who has pretty much been in charge the whole time. Is now just officially in charge. Disney decided Feige is more important to their success than Perlmutter. So at the risk of continuing to repeat myself... I'm gonna go with their assessment over yours. Especially since you didn't really know who either man was before this stupid tangent of this thread.

You're just wrong man. Reframe it over and over in more narrow ways to fit your penny pinching premise. But The wider facts remain the same. Disney thinks Feige is right and Perlmutter is wrong. And the reason for that is the movies we've already seen. The success as they see it is due to Feige not Perlmutter. Who was losing anyway. They just cut out the middleman.

I'm done now. There is no rebuttal to that other than " I think they are wrong". So let's just skip ahead to the part where everyone acknowledges you feel that way. But understands that Disney probably has a better understanding of the whole situation than you do.
                        I knew who both were long before this discussion. And the dozens of articles I've read over the years all agree that Feige and Perlemutter's biggest disagreements were always over Money with Feige wanting to spend more and Perlemutter's wanting to spend less. I always chalked it up to the fact that Perlemutter was with Marvel when the money wasn't good and Feige wanted to take advantage of Disney's deep pockets.

I'm not saying Feige won't do well. I'm sure the Disney execs will reign him in if he gets too spend happy. I've just seen a lot of people take more risks with money when they know someone else is paying the bill. Perlemutter's always acted like it was his money and that can be both a good thing and a bad thing.

I applaud Feige for wanting to keep the continuity and show loyalty to Downey even at that cost. I'm sure the deal probably includes likeness uses for all of the tie ins and that increases the value. I just cringe at the thought that it takes that much money to lure an actor back to play a role that revitalized his career and that he seems born to play.
                        Insei makes the best banners and avs
                        "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."
                        "It is the responsibility of intellectuals to speak the truth and expose lies."
                        Both quotes by Noam Chomsky
                        "We are all Africans." -- Richard Dawkins
                        Sports Empire HOF 2008 PW HOF 2015

Comment

I apologize for assuming you didn't know who they were. I guess I got that from our previous argument where you were convinced Marvel (Perlmutter and Feige) had some say in what Fox was doing with the Xmen and Fantastic four. I guess I figured since you didn't know how that worked you weren't to familer with the players either. My bad.

Well... don'tcha?

Comment

I apologize for assuming you didn't know who they were. I guess I got that from our previous argument where you were convinced Marvel (Perlmutter and Feige) had some say in what Fox was doing with the Xmen and Fantastic four. I guess I figured since you didn't know how that worked you weren't to familer with the players either. My bad.

Well... don'tcha?

Comment

Hulk being in Ragnarok makes me happy.

That is all.
                              PW Nerdery's Most Underrated Poster Of 2015

Comment

Hulk being in Ragnarok makes me happy.

That is all.
                                PW Nerdery's Most Underrated Poster Of 2015

Comment