This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Marvel Movie News Thread 2.0

Well, thanks to Ronda, that song has already been stuck in my head for quite some time now, so I completely co-sign it's usage here.

Hopefully the soundtrack for the series will be just as fun as it's been in the teasers.
    PW Nerdery's Most Underrated Poster Of 2015

Comment

Well, thanks to Ronda, that song has already been stuck in my head for quite some time now, so I completely co-sign it's usage here.

Hopefully the soundtrack for the series will be just as fun as it's been in the teasers.
      PW Nerdery's Most Underrated Poster Of 2015

Comment

The Blackhearts were amazing. One of my all time favorite bands.

I see no reason for the soundtrack to not be this way. Jessica Jones is thus far, Marvel's only big female fronted IP in the film world. Thus far it looks like they are really trying to capture the essence of Alias and from what I seen they are doing a damned good job. I expect they will have to tone down the backstory of the Purple Man, change up the Avengers basically breaking her and maybe change the tone of her and Cage's relationship to a more healthy one, but if you look at that final shot in the bar her knuckles are bloody.

I really can see this outdoing Daredevil. We seen Daredevil basically done in the Batman films and really Daredevil was another origin story. Fanstisticly done of course, but still more along the lines of a darker hero film. Jesssica Jones is truly different as it is takes place after her career ends and is basically a post super hero series. IMO this was the story that made Bendis's career as well. The Secret Origins of Jessica Jones was quite an arc and it looks like that is what the show will be using. Also love her or hate her, Melissa Rosenberg has proven herself very effective as a producer and writer. Also not her first time doing heroes as they did Birds of Prey.

I am a bit bummed though Marvel is not using this as a way to bring in Captian Marvel. Hopefully Ant-Man shows up.
        Flowers gathered in the morning,
        Afternoon they blossom on,
        Still are withered by the evening:
        You can be me when I'm gone.

Comment

The Blackhearts were amazing. One of my all time favorite bands.

I see no reason for the soundtrack to not be this way. Jessica Jones is thus far, Marvel's only big female fronted IP in the film world. Thus far it looks like they are really trying to capture the essence of Alias and from what I seen they are doing a damned good job. I expect they will have to tone down the backstory of the Purple Man, change up the Avengers basically breaking her and maybe change the tone of her and Cage's relationship to a more healthy one, but if you look at that final shot in the bar her knuckles are bloody.

I really can see this outdoing Daredevil. We seen Daredevil basically done in the Batman films and really Daredevil was another origin story. Fanstisticly done of course, but still more along the lines of a darker hero film. Jesssica Jones is truly different as it is takes place after her career ends and is basically a post super hero series. IMO this was the story that made Bendis's career as well. The Secret Origins of Jessica Jones was quite an arc and it looks like that is what the show will be using. Also love her or hate her, Melissa Rosenberg has proven herself very effective as a producer and writer. Also not her first time doing heroes as they did Birds of Prey.

I am a bit bummed though Marvel is not using this as a way to bring in Captian Marvel. Hopefully Ant-Man shows up.
          Flowers gathered in the morning,
          Afternoon they blossom on,
          Still are withered by the evening:
          You can be me when I'm gone.

Comment

http://comicbook.com/2015/10/08/ant-...arvel-studios/

Following the success of Marvel's Ant-Man, Marvel Studios has officially announced a sequel for July 6, 2018.

The sequel will be called Ant-Man and The Wasp. With a release date ahead of Captain Marvel, this will be the first Marvel film with a female hero in the title! Scott Lang will return alongside Hope van Dyne for another size-altering conquest.

Ant-Man’s second adventure will lead to a couple of other films shifting their dates, with Black Panther moving up to February 16, 2018 and Captain Marvel landing on March 8, 2019.

The announcement of Ant-Man and the Wasp follows the success of Ant-Man, which has earned $178.5M domestically and $231.3M internationally for a global total of $409.8M. It's the #9 film of the year domestically, and opens in its final international market, China, on October 16.

Marvel also announced three new movies for 2020.

Ant-Man's next appearance will come in Captain America: Civil War.
            So from the looks of it we're getting that Ant-Man sequel, which will see Hope van Dyne as The Wasp.

But also...

Marvel Studios has updated their Phase 3 schedule to include three untitled movies in 2020.

The three films have release dates of May 1, 2020, July 10, 2020, and Nov. 6, 2020.

The news follows the announcement of an Ant-Man sequel in 2018, which pushed Black Panther up to February 2018 and Captain Marvel back into 2019.

These three new films will likely represent the start of Marvel’s Phase 4, following Avengers: Infinity War – Part II in 2019.
            http://comicbook.com/2015/10/08/marv...ovies-in-2020/

Banner Credit: Surrender
            Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

Anime Currently Watching
            Dragon Ball Super, Pokemon Sun & Moon

Comment

http://comicbook.com/2015/10/08/ant-...arvel-studios/

Following the success of Marvel's Ant-Man, Marvel Studios has officially announced a sequel for July 6, 2018.

The sequel will be called Ant-Man and The Wasp. With a release date ahead of Captain Marvel, this will be the first Marvel film with a female hero in the title! Scott Lang will return alongside Hope van Dyne for another size-altering conquest.

Ant-Man’s second adventure will lead to a couple of other films shifting their dates, with Black Panther moving up to February 16, 2018 and Captain Marvel landing on March 8, 2019.

The announcement of Ant-Man and the Wasp follows the success of Ant-Man, which has earned $178.5M domestically and $231.3M internationally for a global total of $409.8M. It's the #9 film of the year domestically, and opens in its final international market, China, on October 16.

Marvel also announced three new movies for 2020.

Ant-Man's next appearance will come in Captain America: Civil War.
              So from the looks of it we're getting that Ant-Man sequel, which will see Hope van Dyne as The Wasp.

But also...

Marvel Studios has updated their Phase 3 schedule to include three untitled movies in 2020.

The three films have release dates of May 1, 2020, July 10, 2020, and Nov. 6, 2020.

The news follows the announcement of an Ant-Man sequel in 2018, which pushed Black Panther up to February 2018 and Captain Marvel back into 2019.

These three new films will likely represent the start of Marvel’s Phase 4, following Avengers: Infinity War – Part II in 2019.
              http://comicbook.com/2015/10/08/marv...ovies-in-2020/

Banner Credit: Surrender
              Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

Anime Currently Watching
              Dragon Ball Super, Pokemon Sun & Moon

Comment

Not only that..............

The highly-anticipated culmination of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Avengers: Infinity War, will not only see Earth's mightiest heroes finally face-off with the mad titan Thanos, but also the end of the superhero team as we know it. Therefore, it should come as no surprise that Marvel Studios and Disney are aiming for a massive-scale, epic spectacle. And while there was early indication of this when it was announced that the 2018/19 two-part event would be the first movies ever shot entirely with IMAX cameras, we may now know exactly how much cash the studios are dishing out.

According to Bleeding Cool, who learned the following "in huddled conversations with very well sourced comic book film insiders in New York bars last night," Avengers: Infinity War - Part I and Part II will have a "combined production budget of one billion dollars." Crazy right? Apparently four hundred million dollars of that billion alone will go to the screenwriters, directors, producers and principal cast members. Oh, also Robert Downey Jr. apparently gets "half of the actor budget."

What makes matters even more insane is that there is no script yet completed nor is there a finalized plot, despite screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely signing on back in May after completing Captain America: Civil War. Of course, we know the premise of Infinity War involves Thanos gathering the six infinity stones and the Avengers intervening. Anyhow, take all of what's being reported above with a grain of salt until confirmed.

Lets look at that again

According to Bleeding Cool, who learned the following "in huddled conversations with very well sourced comic book film insiders in New York bars last night," Avengers: Infinity War - Part I and Part II will have a "combined production budget of one billion dollars."

Apparently four hundred million dollars of that billion alone will go to the screenwriters, directors, producers and principal cast members. Oh, also Robert Downey Jr. apparently gets "half of the actor budget."

Wow

RDJ gets 1/2 the actors budget?!

God help and forgive me,
                I wanna build something thatís gonna outlive me

Comment

Not only that..............

The highly-anticipated culmination of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Avengers: Infinity War, will not only see Earth's mightiest heroes finally face-off with the mad titan Thanos, but also the end of the superhero team as we know it. Therefore, it should come as no surprise that Marvel Studios and Disney are aiming for a massive-scale, epic spectacle. And while there was early indication of this when it was announced that the 2018/19 two-part event would be the first movies ever shot entirely with IMAX cameras, we may now know exactly how much cash the studios are dishing out.

According to Bleeding Cool, who learned the following "in huddled conversations with very well sourced comic book film insiders in New York bars last night," Avengers: Infinity War - Part I and Part II will have a "combined production budget of one billion dollars." Crazy right? Apparently four hundred million dollars of that billion alone will go to the screenwriters, directors, producers and principal cast members. Oh, also Robert Downey Jr. apparently gets "half of the actor budget."

What makes matters even more insane is that there is no script yet completed nor is there a finalized plot, despite screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely signing on back in May after completing Captain America: Civil War. Of course, we know the premise of Infinity War involves Thanos gathering the six infinity stones and the Avengers intervening. Anyhow, take all of what's being reported above with a grain of salt until confirmed.

Lets look at that again

According to Bleeding Cool, who learned the following "in huddled conversations with very well sourced comic book film insiders in New York bars last night," Avengers: Infinity War - Part I and Part II will have a "combined production budget of one billion dollars."

Apparently four hundred million dollars of that billion alone will go to the screenwriters, directors, producers and principal cast members. Oh, also Robert Downey Jr. apparently gets "half of the actor budget."

Wow

RDJ gets 1/2 the actors budget?!

God help and forgive me,
                  I wanna build something thatís gonna outlive me

Comment

Oof, now I get to have even more complicated feelings about the Wasp in the MCU. This movie's existence makes it pretty likely that Hope Van Dyne will somehow take over as the Wasp in the comics, doesn't it? I don't know that I can deal with that.

Also, Marvel needs to stop pushing Captain Marvel back. It's ridiculous at this point.

Comment

Oof, now I get to have even more complicated feelings about the Wasp in the MCU. This movie's existence makes it pretty likely that Hope Van Dyne will somehow take over as the Wasp in the comics, doesn't it? I don't know that I can deal with that.

Also, Marvel needs to stop pushing Captain Marvel back. It's ridiculous at this point.

Comment

This news excites me. At a guess, the three untitled films will be new GOTG, Spider-Man and Doctor Strange installments.

I'm not too up on Captain Marvel anyway, I'm a lot more interested in seeing a Doctor Strange origin story, so I'm not that bothered it's been delayed, but it does make me wonder whether they'll eventually just give up and put her into other films instead.
                        Last edited by Kemis.; 10-08-2015, 04:08 PM.

Comment

This news excites me. At a guess, the three untitled films will be new GOTG, Spider-Man and Doctor Strange installments.

I'm not too up on Captain Marvel anyway, I'm a lot more interested in seeing a Doctor Strange origin story, so I'm not that bothered it's been delayed, but it does make me wonder whether they'll eventually just give up and put her into other films instead.

Comment

Man, fuck this. Every single Marvel female is in much the same position: They have to be careful in a fight. They have to be cunning. And it's fine to have cautious, cunning women. But that's all they have. Male characters are allowed to be reckless, but not the women. Because the women can't afford to be reckless - they're not invulnerable. The Wasp is the same. So they push back the one woman who can afford to be reckless because she is invulnerable, in order to have yet another woman who has to be careful and clever.

Comment

Man, fuck this. Every single Marvel female is in much the same position: They have to be careful in a fight. They have to be cunning. And it's fine to have cautious, cunning women. But that's all they have. Male characters are allowed to be reckless, but not the women. Because the women can't afford to be reckless - they're not invulnerable. The Wasp is the same. So they push back the one woman who can afford to be reckless because she is invulnerable, in order to have yet another woman who has to be careful and clever.

Comment

There is no conspiracy against the captain marvel movie. This isn't the first time the schedule has been changed due to new assets, or another movie. In fact this time black Panther got moved forward on the schedule. Where as last time it got moved back. In short all this is open change... And it could very easily change again between now and then.

Well... don'tcha?

Comment

Working...
                                X