This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Marvel Movie News Thread 2.0

There was a bit of concept art released last month, which was when it was basically confirmed it'd be something of an origin story. I'd imagine there will be a ramp up in that once the new year hits and production is in full flow, then once Civil War hits, all focus will be on it.

Comment

There was a bit of concept art released last month, which was when it was basically confirmed it'd be something of an origin story. I'd imagine there will be a ramp up in that once the new year hits and production is in full flow, then once Civil War hits, all focus will be on it.

Comment

The only concept art I known of is the stuff from Disney expo. Which as far as I knew hadn't been publicized. If someone has links I'd love to see them.
        Last edited by the spot; 09-04-2015, 03:56 PM.

Well... don'tcha?

Comment

The only concept art I known of is the stuff from Disney expo. Which as far as I knew hadn't been publicized. If someone has links I'd love to see them.

Well... don'tcha?

Comment

When I think Dr. strange, I think a Clooney in his prime.

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

When I think Dr. strange, I think a Clooney in his prime.

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

In other news:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/09/...r-more-movies/

Respectfully, I informed you thusly.

Well... don'tcha?

Comment

In other news:

Well... don'tcha?

Comment

Originally posted by the spot View Post
                    In other news:

well that makes me feel a bit better. honestly Evan's as Cap has been my fave thing about the MCU so I hope marvel will be willing to pony up maybe a little extra dough if need be to keep him happy and signed on when that original contract runs out.
                    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

Comment

In other news:

well that makes me feel a bit better. honestly Evan's as Cap has been my fave thing about the MCU so I hope marvel will be willing to pony up maybe a little extra dough if need be to keep him happy and signed on when that original contract runs out.
                      "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

Comment

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...y-kevin-820147

Hollywood reporter says the trust is sticking around. They may be declawed a little. But still in on things like continuity between film and TV. Makes me wonder with Perlmutter out of the loop on talent deals... if some of the folks rumored to be done at the end of phase three could be convinced to stay on. Especially if those movies hit like they should...

Crazy the Feige was thinking of leaving. Kind of puts the sony deal in different light too...
                        I read the story in the link and the related one on the page about Marvel. I don't know much about the business side of Marvel these days but I do wonder if Ike being out of the loop is a good thing. Marvel has hit on a long string of movies here with him being final say. While him losing some power may allow others to flex creatively, I have to wonder if it will be as successful.

I do find a lot of the complaints from those in the industry to be silly though. They complain because he limits freebies and perks? Those poor, spoiled little shits. I guess as a fellow "cheapskate" I think I would run Marvel in much the same way.

I think it will be interesting to see if this hurts or helps Marvel films.
                        Insei makes the best banners and avs
                        "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."
                        "It is the responsibility of intellectuals to speak the truth and expose lies."
                        Both quotes by Noam Chomsky
                        "We are all Africans." -- Richard Dawkins
                        Sports Empire HOF 2008 PW HOF 2015

Comment

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...y-kevin-820147

Hollywood reporter says the trust is sticking around. They may be declawed a little. But still in on things like continuity between film and TV. Makes me wonder with Perlmutter out of the loop on talent deals... if some of the folks rumored to be done at the end of phase three could be convinced to stay on. Especially if those movies hit like they should...

Crazy the Feige was thinking of leaving. Kind of puts the sony deal in different light too...
                          I read the story in the link and the related one on the page about Marvel. I don't know much about the business side of Marvel these days but I do wonder if Ike being out of the loop is a good thing. Marvel has hit on a long string of movies here with him being final say. While him losing some power may allow others to flex creatively, I have to wonder if it will be as successful.

I do find a lot of the complaints from those in the industry to be silly though. They complain because he limits freebies and perks? Those poor, spoiled little shits. I guess as a fellow "cheapskate" I think I would run Marvel in much the same way.

I think it will be interesting to see if this hurts or helps Marvel films.
                          "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."

Comment

Perlmutter wanted to do the upcoming Captain America: Civil War movie without Robert Downey Jr.'s Iron Man... that pretty much tells me all I need to know.

Banner Credit: Surrender
                            Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

Anime Currently Watching
                            Dragon Ball Super, Pokemon Sun & Moon

Comment

Perlmutter wanted to do the upcoming Captain America: Civil War movie without Robert Downey Jr.'s Iron Man... that pretty much tells me all I need to know.

Banner Credit: Surrender
                              Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

Anime Currently Watching
                              Dragon Ball Super, Pokemon Sun & Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Lony View Post
                                According to those articles, Marvel's standard contract includes being allowed to use up to 3 minutes of footage from previous movies. A smart director could maximize those 3 minutes of Downey screen time. The suit could be the rest of the screen time. It's not ideal given Stark's role in Civil War but it could probably have been done.

Comment

Working...
                                X