X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC Movie Plans

Originally posted by Comicbook.com

During a shareholder meeting today, Warner Bros. CEO Kevin Tsujihara formally announced plans for a Justice League movie, confirming one of Hollywood's worst-kept secrets.

The film, directed by Zack Snyder, will be divided into two parts, as the rumored third and fourth Avengers movies are expected to be.

He also surprised the industry with announcements of more than half a dozen movies including Wonder Woman, Suicide Squad, Green Lantern and Cyborg.

The film had previously been semi-officially announced by Warner executives during an interview about the future of DC on film, but in the time since, fans, reporters and even Warner have said that announcement wasn't quite the real thing.

Tsujihara, who took over as CEO last year, has long been a champion of DC Entertainment; he was head of Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, and so oversaw numerous DC Universe animated feature films, before he took the CEO job. He also was well known as a champion of digital comics, and it was his philosopy on digital comics that's widely credited with making DC the first major publisher to embrace day-and-date digital with the launch of the New 52, reshaping the landscape of the comics economy.

Four a-list stars are in talks to join Suicide Squad, which will be directed by David Ayer, as announced already. That film is planned for 2016, after Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. Tsujihara called it "a gritty story of a team of supervillains who take on black ops missions for the U.S. government.

2017 will see the relase of both Wonder Woman and the first Justice League film.

"We're bringing back the cast of Batman V Superman with a cast of other well-known and highly-anticipated superheroes," said the CEO of Justice League. "Wonder Woman is an iconic female superhero fans have been anticipating for many years."

2018 will bring The Flash, starring Ezra Miller, and Aquaman. With all of this new information, they finally did confirm that Jason Momoa will play the role.

"Fans among the world will become more acquainted with [The Flash] through our hit show on The CW," said Tsujihara of marketing The Flash.

Shazam, which had been expected by many to be the first film post-Batman V Superman, will actually not hit theaters until 2019, the same year as Justice League Part 2.

While they don't yet have release dates, he also confirmed that Cyborg is in development with Batman V Superman's Ray Fisher and that they're working on a Green Lantern movie again. Those films are listed on the schedule above as 2020.

Tsujihara also confirmed that the studio is working on stand-alone Batman and Superman films, although no release date was mentioned for them.
    Wow, so looks like DC is really trying to step up there game. We now have official confirmation that Jason Mamoa is Aquaman and Ezra Miller will be Flash

Re: DC Movie Plans

Ezra Miller is not even close to what I'd envision for The Flash (be it Barry, Wally or anyone else). What an odd choice. Maybe it's because I can't get over "We Have to Talk About Kevin."

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

Ezra Miller is not even close to what I'd envision for The Flash (be it Barry, Wally or anyone else). What an odd choice. Maybe it's because I can't get over "We Have to Talk About Kevin."

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

Suicide Squad.

Well hey at least we're finally getting that Wonder Woman movie... yeah, yeah I know it's been rumored but it's nice to have it be confirmed (unless I missed something which could be the case). Anyways I'm not sure how I feel about a Cyborg movie, I mean I like the character and all but I'm not sure what they can do with a solo movie.

Also, I'm loving all the Lego movie announcements... The Lego movie was amazeballs so I expect the sequel to be just as awesome as the first one was plus Lego Batman (already announced but still), super excited for that as well.

Edit: I've no idea what Fantastic Beasts is so I guess I'm off to google to find out.

Banner Credit: Surrender
        Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

Anime Currently Watching
        Dragon Ball Super, Pokemon Sun & Moon

Comment

Suicide Squad.

Well hey at least we're finally getting that Wonder Woman movie... yeah, yeah I know it's been rumored but it's nice to have it be confirmed (unless I missed something which could be the case). Anyways I'm not sure how I feel about a Cyborg movie, I mean I like the character and all but I'm not sure what they can do with a solo movie.

Also, I'm loving all the Lego movie announcements... The Lego movie was amazeballs so I expect the sequel to be just as awesome as the first one was plus Lego Batman (already announced but still), super excited for that as well.

Edit: I've no idea what Fantastic Beasts is so I guess I'm off to google to find out.

Anime Currently Watching

Comment

Wow. I've been down on DC's movie stuff, and I'm still skeptical all of these will even get made, but, serious props to them for getting not only a female-led movie lined up, but also 3 with a person of color in the lead role (Aquaman, Shazam with Black Adam, and Cyborg). Hopefully this will finally get Marvel's ass in gear on that front.

Comment

Wow. I've been down on DC's movie stuff, and I'm still skeptical all of these will even get made, but, serious props to them for getting not only a female-led movie lined up, but also 3 with a person of color in the lead role (Aquaman, Shazam with Black Adam, and Cyborg). Hopefully this will finally get Marvel's ass in gear on that front.

Comment

Also well it's cool we're getting two Justice League movies, if they're just doing it like the last Harry Potter and Twilight movies where it's just one movie split into two films I wish they would have went the LOTR's/Hobbit way where it's in back-to-back years instead of having to wait two years in-between films.

Oh and hopefully we'll get Mera in the Aquaman movie as she's a pretty awesome character at least in my opinion anyways.

Anime Currently Watching

Comment

Also well it's cool we're getting two Justice League movies, if they're just doing it like the last Harry Potter and Twilight movies where it's just one movie split into two films I wish they would have went the LOTR's/Hobbit way where it's in back-to-back years instead of having to wait two years in-between films.

Oh and hopefully we'll get Mera in the Aquaman movie as she's a pretty awesome character at least in my opinion anyways.

Anime Currently Watching

Comment

I enjoyed Ezra in Perks of Being a Wallflower. Not sure if I can picture him as Barry Allen just yet, but I have faith that he has enough time to get a good grasp on the character. Excited that there will be a GL movie. No doubt it will be a reboot. Pretty sure I read a confirmation on that somewhere but can't remember where.
                    Just because they're little
                    doesn't mean they don't pack a punch

Comment

I enjoyed Ezra in Perks of Being a Wallflower. Not sure if I can picture him as Barry Allen just yet, but I have faith that he has enough time to get a good grasp on the character. Excited that there will be a GL movie. No doubt it will be a reboot. Pretty sure I read a confirmation on that somewhere but can't remember where.
                      Just because they're little
                      doesn't mean they don't pack a punch

Comment

Originally posted by MSmith127 View Post
                        A Black Panther movie is in development, Luke Cage & Jessica Jones are getting their own Netflix shows, and they just gave "Captain America" & "Thor" to a brother & woman respectively. Marvel's doing just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by MSmith127 View Post
                          A Black Panther movie is in development, Luke Cage & Jessica Jones are getting their own Netflix shows, and they just gave "Captain America" & "Thor" to a brother & woman respectively. Marvel's doing just fine.

Comment

The majority of this list leaked a while back. It's very ambitious to say the least. It's weird to me that they are doing a TV version of Flash and a separate movie version... but I don't really have a problem with it... it just seems weird. Trying to be optimistic though as I love all these characters.

Well... don'tcha?

Comment

The majority of this list leaked a while back. It's very ambitious to say the least. It's weird to me that they are doing a TV version of Flash and a separate movie version... but I don't really have a problem with it... it just seems weird. Trying to be optimistic though as I love all these characters.

Well... don'tcha?

Comment

Working...
                              X