This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DC Movie Plans

Smallville was still on the air when Superman Returns came out, right?

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

Originally posted by iNCY View Post
      I cannot make sense of a Flash movie and TV series running at the same time with different casting.
      A large part of what makes the Marvel universe great is the continuity.

I also can't believe they would have finalised castings of a 2018 release movie! That's a long time away.
      It's just weird ain't it?

I'm not saying they can't make it work... just seems like a recipe for dissent amongst fans. Then again that might be good for both franchises...

Well... don'tcha?

Comment

Originally posted by iNCY View Post
        I cannot make sense of a Flash movie and TV series running at the same time with different casting.
        A large part of what makes the Marvel universe great is the continuity.

I also can't believe they would have finalised castings of a 2018 release movie! That's a long time away.
        It's just weird ain't it?

I'm not saying they can't make it work... just seems like a recipe for dissent amongst fans. Then again that might be good for both franchises...

Well... don'tcha?

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Jericho View Post

Pretty sure it was. Right in the middle of it's run. I dunno though you could argue that's a vastly different concept.

Well... don'tcha?

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Jericho View Post

Pretty sure it was. Right in the middle of it's run. I dunno though you could argue that's a vastly different concept.

Well... don'tcha?

Comment

I don't know...I kinda wish DC would just be happy with their small screen and animated success rather than trying to stay on par with Marvel cinematic universe which already has six years of groundwork behind it.

I also think Suicide Squad would make a much better impact on the small screen but who knows, maybe it will be the Next GotG. I think it's a stretch but maybe they'll surprise me.

Spoiler

*Many thanks to the amazing surrender for my banner*
              #TeamAuthority
              R.E.A.L

Comment

I don't know...I kinda wish DC would just be happy with their small screen and animated success rather than trying to stay on par with Marvel cinematic universe which already has six years of groundwork behind it.

I also think Suicide Squad would make a much better impact on the small screen but who knows, maybe it will be the Next GotG. I think it's a stretch but maybe they'll surprise me.

Spoiler

*Many thanks to the amazing surrender for my banner*
                #TeamAuthority
                R.E.A.L

Comment

Put out a decent bloody movie before throwing out a schedule like that. God.

Marvel pumped out three Superb flicks before they announced that they had these plans in motion.

This whole scenario reeks of the same retardation at Sony and Fox wanting to put out multiple movies in an attempt to be "Marvel"

Back to my original point. Put together a few films which are of significant quality and then we can talk.

Fucken onwards and upwards~!

2008 Sports Empire HALL OF FAME

Comment

Put out a decent bloody movie before throwing out a schedule like that. God.

Marvel pumped out three Superb flicks before they announced that they had these plans in motion.

This whole scenario reeks of the same retardation at Sony and Fox wanting to put out multiple movies in an attempt to be "Marvel"

Back to my original point. Put together a few films which are of significant quality and then we can talk.

Fucken onwards and upwards~!

2008 Sports Empire HALL OF FAME

Comment

As cool as that schedule appears, if they choose to go down the moody and dark route that Man of Steel took then these movies have potential to actually suck the life out of the industry as a whole. SuperHero movies really do need at have an element of fun about them; I hope that these DC movies take that into account before they go full on "flip-side of the coin" to what Marvel have done with their all action fun-fests. I can't see them being as successful as Marvel's fantastic movie franchise, not when they're basically trying to copy their MO.

Agreed that they should actually have at least a few successful movies before telling us they've got all these plans for the future. All this schedule has done for me is throw a whole heap of doubt on a situation that they were clearly planning to remedy by revealing their hand so early.

That their TV shows run on a completely different continuity as their movies isn't the smartest thing in the long run either.
                      PW Nerdery's Most Underrated Poster Of 2015

Comment

As cool as that schedule appears, if they choose to go down the moody and dark route that Man of Steel took then these movies have potential to actually suck the life out of the industry as a whole. SuperHero movies really do need at have an element of fun about them; I hope that these DC movies take that into account before they go full on "flip-side of the coin" to what Marvel have done with their all action fun-fests. I can't see them being as successful as Marvel's fantastic movie franchise, not when they're basically trying to copy their MO.

Agreed that they should actually have at least a few successful movies before telling us they've got all these plans for the future. All this schedule has done for me is throw a whole heap of doubt on a situation that they were clearly planning to remedy by revealing their hand so early.

That their TV shows run on a completely different continuity as their movies isn't the smartest thing in the long run either.
                        PW Nerdery's Most Underrated Poster Of 2015

Comment

Well, the tv shows are actually good, so while it doesn't make sense I'd rather have the Arrowverse stay its own thing than have to deal with the DC movie verse.

Comment

Well, the tv shows are actually good, so while it doesn't make sense I'd rather have the Arrowverse stay its own thing than have to deal with the DC movie verse.

Comment

Suicide Squad yay

Gina Carrano should be Wonder Woman. If my Wonder Woman has no muscles, i will cry...cry like a little baby.

Thank you Surrender!!!
                              Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
                              If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

Comment

Suicide Squad yay

Gina Carrano should be Wonder Woman. If my Wonder Woman has no muscles, i will cry...cry like a little baby.

Thank you Surrender!!!
                                Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
                                If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

Comment

Working...
                                X