This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trayvon Martin case. *merged*

I think most of us Americans know about the case, if you don't you really should climb out from under your rock.

Anyways what is everybody's thoughts on this?

Now I obviously don't know Zimmerman personally but from everything I've heard, I don't think this was a case of him just looking to cap some black kid because he was racist, he might be guilty of racial profiling but that doesn't mean he hated black people and was out to kill one as soon as he got an opening to shoot. His friends, neighbors, and family have indicated he's never done or said anything racist. Where Zimmerman fucked up though was when the 911 dispatcher told him not to chase after Martin, had he not kept going after Martin then this whole thing never happens. He sounds like a wannabe cop who over reacted. Zimmerman however does have a witness who can at least partially back up his self defense claim but who started the fight and obviously if a gun was necessary is very much up in the air and with florida's "stand your ground" law,Zimmerman could be justified legally. Obviously shooting somebody to kill them should be a last resort and maybe Zimmerman honestly felt he had no choice while he was getting beat down, however a video of Zimmerman just hours after the incident shows him with no bruises, blood, or cuts of any kind. Granted he could of been cleaned up somewhat but still, if I'm getting beatdown where I have to shoot somebody, you would think there would be some pretty severe bruises or signs of a struggle. So yeah...I got no clue. Both sides of the coin sound convincing.

What is bugging the shit out of me though is people threatning Zimmermans life. I mean nobody knows the whole story and a lot of people are just jumping to the "He's a racist" wagon where there is no proof of that. And Spike Lee should be ashamed of himself for retweeting what he thought was Zimmermans home address, which it wasn't. Some innocent old couple could of been killed because of what he pulled. Fucking idiot. Hey spike, if your really sorry why don't you pay the old couple's hotel expenses since they're scared to death some fuck wad is going to burn their home down.

I also think it's pretty shitty that some people are, well not exactly saying Martin had it coming(although I read a few comments below articles and a lot of them had that tone) was some kind of bad apple because he got suspended from school for having a bag with weed residue in it, as if getting suspended from school means your a violent thug looking for trouble.

Both sides need to take a step back and just wait to see what new facts come out.

Re: Trayvon Martin case.

Pure overreaction BUT at the age of 17, you have to know that wearing a hoodie when walking in public will cause people to be afraid. I mean at that age you should know not to have the hood on, as it can give the vibe of being a criminal. Its like having dark shaded tint windows in a car, it gives a vibe to the police that your being secretive about something.

The most annoying people are the people who overreact to this like Spike Lee for instance who is going on a hate spree and screaming this is racist. Al Sharpton will do the same if he has not already. These people have nothing better to do than scream racist after anything happens to A black person.
    Currently Playing:
    Cosmic Star Heroine(PS4), Rocket League(PS4), Steins;Gate 0(PS4)

Comment

Originally posted by Blindy View Post
      Pure overreaction BUT at the age of 17, you have to know that wearing a hoodie when walking in public will cause people to be afraid. I mean at that age you should know not to have the hood on, as it can give the vibe of being a criminal. Its like having dark shaded tint windows in a car, it gives a vibe to the police that your being secretive about something.

The most annoying people are the people who overreact to this like Spike Lee for instance who is going on a hate spree and screaming this is racist. Al Sharpton will do the same if he has not already. These people have nothing better to do than scream racist after anything happens to A black person.
      Geraldo Rivera? Seriously though, I don't buy that at all. I wear a hoodie all the time. It doesn't mean I am up to no good. Should women not wear skirts because it may give men sexual urges? I don't see why anyone should automatically fear someone in a hoodie.

This case is fascinating to me because of the social media aspect. It is a difficult line to toe. One one hand, I feel the outside investigation was necessary and as such, social media drumming up awareness about the case to ensure that outside investigation seemed right. However, that said, there is still the whole issue of "trial by media" that negates the principle of "innocent until proven guilty" because now, most people think Zimmerman is guilty and ought to be in prison. Moreover, the media showing images of Zimmerman from his county mug shot alongside Trayvon when he was twelve (or so) seems dishonest to me and manifests misconceptions about that night. Nothing is as simple as the media portrays it. It is not a simple case of black and white, shooter and victim. They are not merely cardboard cutouts.

Anyhow, a recent video from ABC News came out showing surveillance of Zimmerman when he was arrested that night with apparently no visible blood or bruises, which seems to contradict his side of the story. To me, the video isn't 100% proof of a contradiction, but interesting though.

The only thing that seems clear to me is that Zimmerman at the least was overzealous. Shall see how the investigation plays out. Agreed vendrell, let the facts shed light on the story. People jumping to assumptions and conclusions irks me as well. Certainly, Zimmerman does not deserve death threats or the $10,000 bounty on his head from the New Black Panther Party.

Comment

Call me nuts but when I walk by people wearing a hoodie, I don't automatically jump to "Danger! Danger!"...I usually don't even notice or if the hoodie warrants it "Wow, that is cool hoodie". I mean shit i'm sure almost every teen and twenty something owns a hoodie and has probably at some point or another, worn the hood up. Geraldo is fucking retarded.

Comment

this is retarded it was raining and he was wearing a hoodie oh god the horror he should have known better to wear a hood in the rain rolls eyes

Comment

Wearing a hoodie screams criminal?

Honestly, it's a shame that the kid died, but this story has been so annoying.

Comment

Bullshit. Absolute Pure fucking bullshit.

First of all, I don't want to be that guy who says this, but it needs to be said. Are you referring to "17 year old black kids" or just "17 year old kids" in general?

Are you scared?

Damn these frightening kids here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bird Kid View Post
                Wearing a hoodie screams criminal?

Honestly, it's a shame that the kid died, but this story has been so annoying.
                It needs the attention it's been getting, man. I understand where you're coming from, but the coverage needs to be there. This kind of shit shouldn't be happening at all and it needs to be beaten into the public's brains.

Saying that wearing a hoodie screams 'criminal' is unfair, but Blindy has a point. It's a vague point, but it's a point. I've walked into stores with a hoodie on and been told to take it off. I've been pulled over by police for doing nothing other than driving with my hood on. I've had people cross the street because I was walking alone with my hood up and a big jacket.

And I'm fucking WHITE. Like, as white as they come. I can't even get a sun tan.

That being said, there is no reason why Martin couldn't have been wearing his hood. No reason. Just because some people find it intimidating, there's no reason why he can't wear it. None. As BigRed already said, it's like saying girls shouldn't wear skirts because they're more likely to get raped. It's just absurd logic.

As for the case itself, I don't think it was blatant racism, just an insane overreaction. The shooter should have listened to the 911 operator and not followed Martin. Martin shouldn't have attacked the shooter. And, obviously, the shooter shouldn't have fucking shot the kid. It was an easily avoidable situation that just erupted and is incredibly unfortunate.

What should be taken into account here is the law itself. Should people have the right to defend themselves by any means necessary? In some situations, yeah, I think you should be able to. But not this one. Not even close.

Comment

Did you guys even read what I wrote? I SAID WHEN THEY HAVE THE HOOD ON.

I wear a hoodie too, especially when it was cold like it was in FEB. However, I don't put the hood on and begin to follow someone with it on. It creates suspicion.

Originally posted by raven1980 View Post
                  this is retarded it was raining and he was wearing a hoodie oh god the horror he should have known better to wear a hood in the rain rolls eyes
                  There's something called an umbrella....

The heck is a hoodie going to do when its raining?
                  Last edited by Blindy; 03-29-2012, 01:48 PM.
                  Currently Playing:

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
                    Geraldo Rivera? Seriously though, I don't buy that at all. I wear a hoodie all the time. It doesn't mean I am up to no good. Should women not wear skirts because it may give men sexual urges? I don't see why anyone should automatically fear someone in a hoodie.
                    I am of the belief that women do under-dress themselves to a point that they become a target and put a bullseye on their back to have creeps thinking no good. I am sure some women share this same belief when they go out but I have seen women under-dress and really set themselves up to be approached by creeps/thugs. I just never got the thought process. Sure as hell does not excuse the guy for trying to be a creep and rape her but some women have to know better as to how they present themselves when going out.

And here is what I was referring to as to that idiot Spike Lee was fully responsible of....

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_1...twitter-rules/

Now the elderly couple has to move and be relocated due to death threats and possible harm despite being innocent.

Originally posted by Benson View Post
                    Bullshit. Absolute Pure fucking bullshit.

First of all, I don't want to be that guy who says this, but it needs to be said. Are you referring to "17 year old black kids" or just "17 year old kids" in general?

Are you scared?

Damn these frightening kids here.
                    And I throw these up too.

See how this works?
                    Last edited by Blindy; 03-29-2012, 02:02 PM.
                    Currently Playing:

Comment

Delete this post.
                      Currently Playing:

Comment

Isn't the media circulating images of the shooter looking all shady? And the picture of the victim they are circulating picture him as a damn 5 year old LOL

Credit to BezerroBizarro from DeviantArt and Lony for Resisizing!
                        http://bezerrobizarro.deviantart.com...oshi-163705876
                        Originally posted by Big Pete
                        0 days since a Cena fight. C'mon guys we need to at least get it up to two.
                        http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!

Comment

I don't put the hood on and begin to follow someone with it on. It creates suspicion.
                          Of course wearing a hood while following someone would be seen as suspicious however it's my understanding that Martin (the one wearing the hood) was being followed and not the other way around.

Banner Credit: Surrender
                          Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

Anime Currently Watching
                          Dragon Ball Super, Pokemon Sun & Moon

Comment

Originally posted by The Lonewolf View Post
                            Of course wearing a hood while following someone would be seen as suspicious however it's my understanding that Martin (the one wearing the hood) was being followed and not the other way around.
                            Its up in the air with all of it though...so your right that I should be careful how in portraying the story.

Its he said, she said as of now...just I am looking at it more so from a common sense aspect of not putting yourself in such danger or in harm's way by having the hood on in public. Damn shame a young kid's life was lost, it was unnecessary.
                            Currently Playing:

Comment

What I wanna know is how this guy hasn't at least been arrested yet? the cops around here fucked up big time.

Props to surrender for the great banner.

Comment

Working...
                              X