Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Store Brands

Originally posted by Theend View Post
    some products are hits and some are misses. all medication and drugs I am buying the store brand.
    I consulted for American Italian Pasta Company they are owned by Ralcorp. They are the biggest manufacturer of pasta in the country. Almost all of their stuff is the private label or store brand. They don't have their own brand. They make pasta for everyone else. In the case of them, I can assure you that their pasta is mostly the same for every store they manufacture for. They just do the packaging sizes and types the stores want.

I have to note that some store brand or generic stuff is horrible replicas. Any house brand pop tart is bs. house brand mac and cheese is odd. It is very not Kraft, but sometimes that is ok.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks every store brand mac n cheese tastes weird as shit.

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

Originally posted by Theend View Post
      some products are hits and some are misses. all medication and drugs I am buying the store brand.
      I consulted for American Italian Pasta Company they are owned by Ralcorp. They are the biggest manufacturer of pasta in the country. Almost all of their stuff is the private label or store brand. They don't have their own brand. They make pasta for everyone else. In the case of them, I can assure you that their pasta is mostly the same for every store they manufacture for. They just do the packaging sizes and types the stores want.

I have to note that some store brand or generic stuff is horrible replicas. Any house brand pop tart is bs. house brand mac and cheese is odd. It is very not Kraft, but sometimes that is ok.
      I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks every store brand mac n cheese tastes weird as shit.

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

Many of the store brands or generic brands are the "name" brand products in a different package. I worked at a milk bottling plant when I was an undergrad. Halfway through our shift we would change out the "name" milk cartons with the "store brand" milk cartons. It was the exact the same thing but the store brand was half the price. My mother was a brand-snob and I could never convince her to buy the cheaper milk.

Comment

Many of the store brands or generic brands are the "name" brand products in a different package. I worked at a milk bottling plant when I was an undergrad. Halfway through our shift we would change out the "name" milk cartons with the "store brand" milk cartons. It was the exact the same thing but the store brand was half the price. My mother was a brand-snob and I could never convince her to buy the cheaper milk.

Comment

We only eat Velveeta shells and cheess

Thank you Surrender!!!
            Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
            If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

Comment

We only eat Velveeta shells and cheess

Thank you Surrender!!!
              If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

Comment

Mac and cheese is one of the only foods that really does matter brand wise to me. I'll only eat Kraft or Velvetta when it comes to Mac and cheese if I'm not making it homemade.

Also, I prefer the Aldi's Poptarts to the actual name brand. Kellog's Poptarts have a sweet taste while Aldi's is more bitter is which I prefer.

Comment

Mac and cheese is one of the only foods that really does matter brand wise to me. I'll only eat Kraft or Velvetta when it comes to Mac and cheese if I'm not making it homemade.

Also, I prefer the Aldi's Poptarts to the actual name brand. Kellog's Poptarts have a sweet taste while Aldi's is more bitter is which I prefer.

Comment

I only eat Unfrosted Strawberry pop-tarts. no store brands. they taste nasty

Thank you Surrender!!!

Comment

I only eat Unfrosted Strawberry pop-tarts. no store brands. they taste nasty

Thank you Surrender!!!

Comment

Unfrosted? There are some things you cannot skimp on.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
                            poptart frosting tastes like crud lol

Thank you Surrender!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post

Thank you Surrender!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mistress View Post
                                Wildberry FROSTED Poptarts fresh outta the toaster taste great..

Also, Jarrito's is delicious, as well...For those of ya'll who've never tried Jarrito's(it has real cane sugar instead of refined sugar) it's different flavors of Mexican soft drinks such as tamarind, lime, mandarin, guava, fruit punch, mango, etc

Comment

Working...
                                X