Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I just "came out" to my Dad!

1. I am straight.
    2. I have no issues with gay people. I have worked with and socialize with homosexual people.
    3. I just think this is funny.

About two years ago my cousin (female) posted a picture of herself at a gay pride parade in SF with two naked men. She was quickly informed of the inappropriateness of that pic since she is facebook friends with several underage family members. The pic was removed. I am not on facebook (PW, you are my only social media outlet). But I was informed of the situation. Anyway, I have a niece who is going to school this fall halfway across the country. I know the only way to communicate with her will be if I join facebook. Today, talking to my dad I mentioned that I may have to get on facebook and made a joke in reference to having naked dude pics. My Dad just said "I love you". It wasn't until after the call ended that I realized he didn't get the joke.

So I think my Dad thinks I am gay! Again, no offense to gay people. But, do I just roll with it? Do I broach the subject? No idea how to handle this.

Re: I think I just "came out" to my Dad!

A college girl doesn't have a cell phone? C'mon...

Comment

A college girl doesn't have a cell phone? C'mon...

Comment

She does, but do kids that age ever use a phone as a phone?

Comment

Comment

Also, I don't have her number. Her Mom pays for the phone and hates my family. I have a great relationship with my niece but her mom would take away the phone if she knew I or anyone on my side of the family had that number.

Comment

Also, I don't have her number. Her Mom pays for the phone and hates my family. I have a great relationship with my niece but her mom would take away the phone if she knew I or anyone on my side of the family had that number.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ Wyoming View Post
                1. I am straight.
                2. I have no issues with gay people. I have worked with and socialize with homosexual people.

About two years ago my cousin (female) posted a picture of herself at a gay pride parade in SF with two naked men. She was quickly informed of the inappropriateness of that pic since she is facebook friends with several underage family members. The pic was removed. I am not on facebook (PW, you are my only social media outlet). But I was informed of the situation. Anyway, I have a niece who is going to school this fall halfway across the country. I know the only way to communicate with her will be if I join facebook. Today, talking to my dad I mentioned that I may have to get on facebook and made a joke in reference to having naked dude pics. My Dad just said "I love you". It wasn't until after the call ended that I realized he didn't get the joke.

So I think my Dad thinks I am gay! Again, no offense to gay people. But, do I just roll with it? Do I broach the subject? No idea how to handle this.
                Aren't you married? Pretty sure your wife could vouch for you.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ Wyoming View Post
                  1. I am straight.

Comment

Good on your dad for being accepting.

Comment

Good on your dad for being accepting.

Comment

Originally posted by The Real LT View Post
                        no. never married.

Comment

Originally posted by The Real LT View Post
                          no. never married.

Comment

Even if he was married that don't mean shit. Plenty of gay men have married women to keep up appearances. Also you should play up the gay thing, if he thinks it just run with it as a joke for a week. Just start posting gay pride flags and casually mention you wouldn't mind sucking Ryan Gosling's dick.

Comment

Even if he was married that don't mean shit. Plenty of gay men have married women to keep up appearances. Also you should play up the gay thing, if he thinks it just run with it as a joke for a week. Just start posting gay pride flags and casually mention you wouldn't mind sucking Ryan Gosling's dick.

Comment

Working...
                              X