Embarrassed By Family

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embarrassed By Family

Have you ever been out in public with your family, and they really embarrassed you?

I went to a Japanese restaurant today with my Dad, and most of the people there were Asian. I'm assuming they're Japanese.

My Dad would point at random Asian men and whisper to me, "look it's Shinsuke Nakamura" (the professional wrestler). If the joke was funny the first time, by the millionth time it wasn't.

Nakamura is from Japan and he struggles with the English language.

I guess my Dad forgot where we were. Because he began imitating him. In a stereotypical Japanese accent, he was loudly saying things like, "I want to fight you" and "you a Shiba Inu".

I was like “shhh. Stop it, Dad!”

There were Asian families right next to us, behind us, everywhere. Some likely heard. Needless to say, I was mortified.

Re: Embarrassed By Family

Your Dad knows who Nakamura is. I say that's a win.

Comment

Comment

Man, that must have totally sucked. I feel for ya. If you go anywhere with him again, you better give him the pep talk before going in there.

Still My Champ
        Thanks, surrender.

Comment

Man, that must have totally sucked. I feel for ya. If you go anywhere with him again, you better give him the pep talk before going in there.

Still My Champ
          Thanks, surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
            Beat me to it. I'll have to post the response I had in reserve.

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
              Beat me to it. I'll have to post the response I had in reserve.

Comment

My family is a walking embarassment.

My mom is one of those people who likes to bitch out cashiers because prices are "too high". I just shake my head. I always tried to remind her that cashiers don't control prices....

It's like talking to a wall.

Thank you Surrender!!!
                Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
                If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

Comment

My family is a walking embarassment.

My mom is one of those people who likes to bitch out cashiers because prices are "too high". I just shake my head. I always tried to remind her that cashiers don't control prices....

It's like talking to a wall.

Thank you Surrender!!!
                  Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
                  If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

Comment

Not really because I don't really know my family which is more sad than anything. Although when my daughter was a little younger she would always be doing shit in public just to make me uncomfortable. I mean to her I think it was all just good fun but to me it was like "this is not good look for me". Like once she got a black eye playing basketball, just an accident. Well while she was sporting the shiner we would be at a restaurant and when the waitress would come over to take our order she would kind of just loudly pronounce that I was smacking her around for a variety of silly reasons like not wearing matching socks or not filling up ice trays. It's funny to think about now but looking back on it it's a miracle I didn't receive a DHS visit.

Comment

Not really because I don't really know my family which is more sad than anything. Although when my daughter was a little younger she would always be doing shit in public just to make me uncomfortable. I mean to her I think it was all just good fun but to me it was like "this is not good look for me". Like once she got a black eye playing basketball, just an accident. Well while she was sporting the shiner we would be at a restaurant and when the waitress would come over to take our order she would kind of just loudly pronounce that I was smacking her around for a variety of silly reasons like not wearing matching socks or not filling up ice trays. It's funny to think about now but looking back on it it's a miracle I didn't receive a DHS visit.

Comment

My mom is a single issue voter who thinks that Justin Trudeau is a worse human being than Donald Trump because of the abortion issue......#sigh

Comment

My mom is a single issue voter who thinks that Justin Trudeau is a worse human being than Donald Trump because of the abortion issue......#sigh

Comment

I'm usually the embarrassing family member.
                            Originally posted by Black Dynamite
                            Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

Comment

I'm usually the embarrassing family member.
                              Originally posted by Black Dynamite
                              Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

Comment

Working...
                              X