Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2017 PW Hall of Fame (Candidate Consideration)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2017 PW Hall of Fame (Candidate Consideration)

How's it going, PW?

It doesn't feel like two minutes since mikec asked for suggestions for candidates for the 2016 PW Hall of Fame, yet here we are. Just little over a year later and the aforementioned has kindly passed on the duties to myself. I'd like to start by thanking Mike for all his hard work and efforts with the PW Hall over the years.

In case you aren't familiar with our HOF or have forgotten how things go - every year members of PW, past and present, are considered, nominated and then, finally, selected to join the Hall. In 2016; HR, Engel, BigRed, and Soda joined the long list of illustrious names in the Hall - with Brokenlamp, Incy, ORaider27, Rogue, Dr. Detfink, iron maiden, RT, Brezzy, MachoWarrior, the spot, mikec, Froggy, Foos, Amanda, Johnny Canuck, Pris, Volltron, Kilroy Evans, EasyRider, RASTeRMAN, SamEyeAm, and finally Mr. Blonde all previous inductions.

Please take time to read the instructions below before starting to identify new candidates in this thread.

Admission to the HOF isn't for any average Joe (or Jane). It requires multiple phases.

Eligibility Requirements:

Anyone can be nominated to be a member of the Hall of Fame except for current enshrinees.

Voters have to have posted at least 25 times before 2017 to be eligible to submit nominations or vote on the final list of nominees. This weeds out the likelihood of alters.

The Selection Process will go in "Phases":

Phase One: The Discussion

A thread will be started to discuss possible nominees. Encouragement can be given at that time to remind people of old posters that aren't around anymore, current posters that may not get enough acclaim, etc. Perhaps a guy like Johnny Blitz is at the top of your list and this is a good time to talk about him so that somebody can say "Oh yeah, Blitz!" This is that thread. This thread will be open 5 days. There will be no votes accepted during this time.

Phase Two: Nominating

Every poster that is qualified to vote can submit a list via PM to me with the 5 posters they most want to see nominated to the Hall of Fame. This will be done on a secret ballot, and each spot will be weighted so a first place spot on someone's ballot carries more weight than a second place spot, etc. 1st place = 5 points, 2nd = 4, etc. Posters will be given ten days to complete this list as well.

Phase Three: Nominations are announced

After the nomination window is closed, the 10 posters that have received the most points will be formally "Nominated" as finalists to enter the Hall of Fame.

Phase Four: Final Balloting

At this point, posters can again submit a ballot, this time with three names on the ballot taken from the final list of 10 nominees. Again the votes will be weighted, with 1st = 5 points, 2nd = 3 points, 3rd = 1 point. This will make a 1st place vote on someone's ballot worth a considerable amount in terms of securing a nomination.

Phase Five: Announcement of Results

Posters will be announced as new members of the Hall of Fame. A maximum of four posters will be enshrined, if a fourth poster is within five points of the three leading nominees, then they too will be inducted.

You guys have until Saturday to discuss suitable candidates. From Saturday (11th), you have 10 days to send your five picks to me via PM. After those ten days are up, we'll begin the next phase. Please remember that this thread is solely for considering only. I won't be accepting any votes sent to me in here, or sent to me before the 11th.

Cheers guys.
    Man of the world.

Re: The 2017 PW Hall of Fame (Candidate Consideration)

I'll get things started with a few suggestions.

I've voted for [MENTION=30]Kid Jericho[/MENTION] and [MENTION=14]MonsooN[/MENTION] the past couple of occasions so it'd be remiss of me not to mention them. Two fresher shouts from me would be in the form of [MENTION=93]Ness[/MENTION] and [MENTION=245]Matt[/MENTION] who have both been quality posters here for over a decade. Matt has worked tirelessly, modding and posting in the wrestling sections for so long. I sometimes think he's the most underrated poster we've had here. Ness has long been a staple of Fan Fic and The Nerdery, he's always been a good contributor 'up north', and he's been the MVP of the Coliseum for the past couple of years. He deserves recognition for his dedication with his video promos, alone.
    Man of the world.

Comment

I'll get things started with a few suggestions.

I've voted for [MENTION=30]Kid Jericho[/MENTION] and [MENTION=14]MonsooN[/MENTION] the past couple of occasions so it'd be remiss of me not to mention them. Two fresher shouts from me would be in the form of [MENTION=93]Ness[/MENTION] and [MENTION=245]Matt[/MENTION] who have both been quality posters here for over a decade. Matt has worked tirelessly, modding and posting in the wrestling sections for so long. I sometimes think he's the most underrated poster we've had here. Ness has long been a staple of Fan Fic and The Nerdery, he's always been a good contributor 'up north', and he's been the MVP of the Coliseum for the past couple of years. He deserves recognition for his dedication with his video promos, alone.
      Man of the world.

Comment

None of my nominations made it last year, so I'll be putting forth Xenite, Gyro, Sun God, Monsoon and 3DP again (again) this year.

Comment

None of my nominations made it last year, so I'll be putting forth Xenite, Gyro, Sun God, Monsoon and 3DP again (again) this year.

Comment

Great shout outs WMS, both KJ and Ness have been guys I've nominated in the past, and will most likely make my list again this year as well. A couple other names, I'll definitely have to take into consideration are Holzhammer, Threedypee, and despite our many differences, The Champ.

Banner Credit: Surrender
            Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

Anime Currently Watching
            Dragon Ball Super, Pokemon Sun & Moon

Comment

Great shout outs WMS, both KJ and Ness have been guys I've nominated in the past, and will most likely make my list again this year as well. A couple other names, I'll definitely have to take into consideration are Holzhammer, Threedypee, and despite our many differences, The Champ.

Banner Credit: Surrender
              Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

Anime Currently Watching
              Dragon Ball Super, Pokemon Sun & Moon

Comment

I don't understand why anyone nominates people that are long gone from the site...they couldn't give a shit. Nominate people that still come here on the regular. Kid Jericho is a perfect example of someone that is very busy, but still finds time to be here. That's all I've got...good luck.

Comment

I don't understand why anyone nominates people that are long gone from the site...they couldn't give a shit. Nominate people that still come here on the regular. Kid Jericho is a perfect example of someone that is very busy, but still finds time to be here. That's all I've got...good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by CK View Post
                    To show respect and appreciation....just like any other HOF induction of any other sport.

Thank you Surrender!!!
                    Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
                    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

Comment

Originally posted by CK View Post
                      To show respect and appreciation....just like any other HOF induction of any other sport.

Thank you Surrender!!!
                      Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
                      If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

Comment

Thanks guys.

Shout out to Matt ... this guy deserves it.

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

Thanks guys.

Shout out to Matt ... this guy deserves it.

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

Originally posted by Mistress View Post
                            For people that will have no clue? You guys have fun with it. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Mistress View Post
                              For people that will have no clue? You guys have fun with it. LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X