Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2017 PW Hall of Fame (Candidate Consideration)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 2017 PW Hall of Fame (Candidate Consideration)

Gyro and 3DP will make my ballot for sure. I might just PM hr and copy his ballot. He's got some good ideas.

Comment

Gyro and 3DP will make my ballot for sure. I might just PM hr and copy his ballot. He's got some good ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by CK View Post
        For people that will have no clue? You guys have fun with it. LOL
        Multiple posters that have left have also come back, and some who haven't are aware of the honor thanks to other means of staying in touch.

Comment

Originally posted by CK View Post
          For people that will have no clue? You guys have fun with it. LOL
          Multiple posters that have left have also come back, and some who haven't are aware of the honor thanks to other means of staying in touch.

Comment

I see CK's point and agree to an extent, but I look at it like inducting a dead person into a hall of fame. Macho Man Randy Savage couldn't care less that he's in the WWE HoF for obvious reasons, but for the people that are still around and remember him, it meant something.

I know we have our way of doing things but (if WMS is open to the idea) it might almost be beneficial to take the handful of names that aren't around anymore that deserve to be in and just stick them in there with this year's class. The longer we go without inducting them the fewer votes they're going to get due to posters just not knowing who they are or caring enough to throw them a vote. The fact that HR is nominating all the same names yet again is proof of that.

I don't want to disrespect anyone that got in the old fashioned way, that's not my intention, but I think it's something to consider.

That being said, despite our differences, I'm going to add [MENTION=602]Blindy[/MENTION] to the list of nominees. I also want to add [MENTION=498]PI[/MENTION] and [MENTION=105215]Holzhammer[/MENTION] to the list.

Comment

I see CK's point and agree to an extent, but I look at it like inducting a dead person into a hall of fame. Macho Man Randy Savage couldn't care less that he's in the WWE HoF for obvious reasons, but for the people that are still around and remember him, it meant something.

I know we have our way of doing things but (if WMS is open to the idea) it might almost be beneficial to take the handful of names that aren't around anymore that deserve to be in and just stick them in there with this year's class. The longer we go without inducting them the fewer votes they're going to get due to posters just not knowing who they are or caring enough to throw them a vote. The fact that HR is nominating all the same names yet again is proof of that.

I don't want to disrespect anyone that got in the old fashioned way, that's not my intention, but I think it's something to consider.

That being said, despite our differences, I'm going to add [MENTION=602]Blindy[/MENTION] to the list of nominees. I also want to add [MENTION=498]PI[/MENTION] and [MENTION=105215]Holzhammer[/MENTION] to the list.

Comment

RT said much nicer than I, which is not a shock. Good luck KJ and Blindy.

Comment

RT said much nicer than I, which is not a shock. Good luck KJ and Blindy.

Comment

Originally posted by RT View Post
                    The longer we go without inducting them the fewer votes they're going to get due to posters just not knowing who they are or caring enough to throw them a vote.
                    That was always my rationale for putting forth names from the past - the hope that they would get in while there were still enough people around who remembered them - but judging by the last couple of years it may already be too late.

There are plenty of active posters who I'd like to vote for as well but I think they have a greater chance of being inducted in years to come.

I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of a "legends class" to have a mass induction of those names who deserve to be in but likely will miss out on the current voting system.

Comment

Originally posted by RT View Post
                      The longer we go without inducting them the fewer votes they're going to get due to posters just not knowing who they are or caring enough to throw them a vote.
                      That was always my rationale for putting forth names from the past - the hope that they would get in while there were still enough people around who remembered them - but judging by the last couple of years it may already be too late.

There are plenty of active posters who I'd like to vote for as well but I think they have a greater chance of being inducted in years to come.

I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of a "legends class" to have a mass induction of those names who deserve to be in but likely will miss out on the current voting system.

Comment

Finally we can get Pete Rose in a HOF

God help and forgive me,
                        I wanna build something thatís gonna outlive me

Comment

Finally we can get Pete Rose in a HOF

God help and forgive me,
                          I wanna build something thatís gonna outlive me

Comment

Originally posted by HR View Post
                            But why. With data wiped from pre-2006 or 2007 and way back machine archives not even showing anything anymore there isnt even a way for someone to look back. Like if you see some posters name and you dont know who they are its meaningless because you cant see what the big deal about them was.

Comment

Originally posted by HR View Post
                              But why. With data wiped from pre-2006 or 2007 and way back machine archives not even showing anything anymore there isnt even a way for someone to look back. Like if you see some posters name and you dont know who they are its meaningless because you cant see what the big deal about them was.

Comment

Don't need to see what the big deal was because I saw It when it happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X