Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Cannabis History Thread.Have You Tried It? Do You Hate It? Post Here Irregardless

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Cannabis History Thread.Have You Tried It? Do You Hate It? Post Here Irregard

Originally posted by Ness View Post
    Never really touched alcohol, but I got high for the first time about 2 years ago. I've been smoking it once or twice a week since then. I share with someone from work seeing as I have no idea how to go about obtaining my own. If it were to be legalized and sold that way in my region... I will probably make it a habit.
    This is by far the most shocking thing i have ever read on this forum...

Thank you Surrender!!!
    Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

Comment

Re: The Cannabis History Thread.Have You Tried It? Do You Hate It? Post Here Irregard

I'm what some might call '99 percent straight edge'. I've smoked once in my life and didn't really care for it. I didn't feel much of anything.

I'm skeptical of the medical justifications, because they often times come from the crowd who just want it to be legalized so they don't have to worry about it getting busted. I have no issue with weed, and I've voted for its legalization twice.

I just know that I won't ever be interested in trying it again.
      Originally posted by mx518
      he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
      No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
      NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

Comment

I'm what some might call '99 percent straight edge'. I've smoked once in my life and didn't really care for it. I didn't feel much of anything.

I'm skeptical of the medical justifications, because they often times come from the crowd who just want it to be legalized so they don't have to worry about it getting busted. I have no issue with weed, and I've voted for its legalization twice.

I just know that I won't ever be interested in trying it again.
        he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
        No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.

Comment

I'm another one who drug and alcohol free until 21. Then I went through a brief decadent phase. Smoked for the first time at a party when I was 21. Didn't care much for it the first few times and then I had a bad experience which put me off for a few years. Lit up a few times since then just because I had a bunch of stoner friends who were always pestering me about doing it because "I was funny high" and ended up giving in a handful of times (probably because I was already drunk). Overall I've smoked maybe 10-12 times in my life with the last occasion being back in 2006 or 2007. I'm not against other people doing it. If getting high is your thing than go for it. It just isn't for me.

Comment

I'm another one who drug and alcohol free until 21. Then I went through a brief decadent phase. Smoked for the first time at a party when I was 21. Didn't care much for it the first few times and then I had a bad experience which put me off for a few years. Lit up a few times since then just because I had a bunch of stoner friends who were always pestering me about doing it because "I was funny high" and ended up giving in a handful of times (probably because I was already drunk). Overall I've smoked maybe 10-12 times in my life with the last occasion being back in 2006 or 2007. I'm not against other people doing it. If getting high is your thing than go for it. It just isn't for me.

Comment

We had this talk in my developmental psychology class with the head of the APA Dev Psych division. So far this is what we know about marijuana. When it is smoked before the brain is fully formed around age 25 you lose brain plasticity. Brain plasticity is what allows you to learn new things and adapt to new situations. Now for adults over 25, there is very little known risk outside of the cancer risks from inhaling hot smoke.

I have read many of the studies and almost all are misused. Ssome things to bear in mind when you read a study:

What is the mode of intact? Many people point to a lack of marijuana causing cancer by looking at studies where it is injected as food. Naturally, eating marijuana will not give you throat or lung cancer since you are using it in a different manner. When you read a study look to see if the smoke is hot or cold, if it is smoked or eaten, which species is being used (Cannabis is the genus name not the species name) and how much is being used. Most studies that look at marijuana use, look at one very specific method of intake and compare it to all use, but things are far from that simple.

For me, I would be very iffy trusting information from people who are unclear about what they are making. Marijuana is the general term for cannabis sativa, cannabis indica and cannabis ruderalis. Most discussions treat all three species as one species and assume all have the same effect.
              Flowers gathered in the morning,
              Afternoon they blossom on,
              Still are withered by the evening:
              You can be me when I'm gone.

Comment

We had this talk in my developmental psychology class with the head of the APA Dev Psych division. So far this is what we know about marijuana. When it is smoked before the brain is fully formed around age 25 you lose brain plasticity. Brain plasticity is what allows you to learn new things and adapt to new situations. Now for adults over 25, there is very little known risk outside of the cancer risks from inhaling hot smoke.

I have read many of the studies and almost all are misused. Ssome things to bear in mind when you read a study:

What is the mode of intact? Many people point to a lack of marijuana causing cancer by looking at studies where it is injected as food. Naturally, eating marijuana will not give you throat or lung cancer since you are using it in a different manner. When you read a study look to see if the smoke is hot or cold, if it is smoked or eaten, which species is being used (Cannabis is the genus name not the species name) and how much is being used. Most studies that look at marijuana use, look at one very specific method of intake and compare it to all use, but things are far from that simple.

For me, I would be very iffy trusting information from people who are unclear about what they are making. Marijuana is the general term for cannabis sativa, cannabis indica and cannabis ruderalis. Most discussions treat all three species as one species and assume all have the same effect.
                Flowers gathered in the morning,
                Afternoon they blossom on,
                Still are withered by the evening:
                You can be me when I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshDionio View Post
                  I've smoked, only after I got out of the military and didn't have to worry about a piss test. What's really nice is I can smoke any time I want and not worry about cops doing anything to me due to WA state being legal.
                  that's what's up
                  Originally posted by Foos
                  I agree with Murphy

Comment

Originally posted by JoshDionio View Post
                    I've smoked, only after I got out of the military and didn't have to worry about a piss test. What's really nice is I can smoke any time I want and not worry about cops doing anything to me due to WA state being legal.
                    that's what's up
                    Originally posted by Foos
                    I agree with Murphy

Comment

Originally posted by Engel View Post

Question, C.

Have you or your studies taken you into looking into ayahuasca? I looked into a little bit after hearing about a reporter for CNN studying it. And most recently Matt Sydal talked about on the Art of Wrestling.

I found the results and stories behind it really fascinating, and more promising than anything involving marijuana.

Comment

Originally posted by Engel View Post

Question, C.

Have you or your studies taken you into looking into ayahuasca? I looked into a little bit after hearing about a reporter for CNN studying it. And most recently Matt Sydal talked about on the Art of Wrestling.

I found the results and stories behind it really fascinating, and more promising than anything involving marijuana.

Comment

I tried it for the first time when I was 19 and started smoking semi-regularly after that. Around 23 I got a really hot girlfriend that smoked every day so I did that (and her).

Since then I've continued to smoke but my usage is sporadic. Sometimes it's a few times a day, sometimes I go weeks without it. Doesn't make a difference to me as I use it purely as a recreational thing.

I support legalization because I really don't see why it shouldn't be. Health benefits/issues and all that other shit aside, what does marijuana really do that is more harmful than alcohol? I can't think of a single thing that marijuana might do that booze doesn't already do to people every day. And in a lot of cases the affects of alcohol are worse. So what's the problem?

Comment

I tried it for the first time when I was 19 and started smoking semi-regularly after that. Around 23 I got a really hot girlfriend that smoked every day so I did that (and her).

Since then I've continued to smoke but my usage is sporadic. Sometimes it's a few times a day, sometimes I go weeks without it. Doesn't make a difference to me as I use it purely as a recreational thing.

I support legalization because I really don't see why it shouldn't be. Health benefits/issues and all that other shit aside, what does marijuana really do that is more harmful than alcohol? I can't think of a single thing that marijuana might do that booze doesn't already do to people every day. And in a lot of cases the affects of alcohol are worse. So what's the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by RT View Post

The main problem is a black market that supports either drug cartels or horribly unregulated and toxic environmental growing techniques.
                              I am your God

Comment

Originally posted by RT View Post

The main problem is a black market that supports either drug cartels or horribly unregulated and toxic environmental growing techniques.
                                I am your God

Comment

Working...
                                X