Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Did You Think of the Last Movie You Saw?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Did You Think of the Last Movie You Saw?

I watched That's my boy Friday night. I know there's a lot of criticism towards the movie. And I can see why
    However I enjoyed it. I love adam sandlers daft comedy's.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKNIFE View Post
      i loved "this is the end".

my main complaints were "the exorcism of jonah hill" should have been longer (i was dying when that place card came up anouncing just this ) and i was iffy on the ending. but this was one of those flicks were it was more about the journey than the end so meh.
      The very end gag lost me a bit, just a bit too "Really?" for my liking. But the movie on whole was hilarious, the whole cast worked it all perfectly.
      Originally posted by Black Dynamite
      Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

Comment

I saw Monsters University today and I really enjoyed it! It isn't as good as Monters Inc., but it comes close! Lots of laughs and I was surprised how emotional I got during parts of it.

Also, I really like the Blue Umbrella short that was before the movie!

I would give Monsters University a 91%
        surrender

First Ever PW Heavyweight Champion!

Comment

Spirited Away

Phenomenal film. The animation is stunning, perhaps the best I've ever seen. The story and characters gripped me the whole way, and some of the completely bizarre spirits had me laughing pretty hard.

Vertigo

y2jman's Hitchcock thread inspired me to watch this film. Not my favourite Hitchcock film, but it's up there. It did drag at times, but the twists were truly shocking and some of the visual effects, while primitive, were still very powerful. I certainly never expected to see that kinda stuff in a 50s film. I was getting a bit sick of James Stewart's face by the end

Comment

Originally posted by Emperor View Post
            I just watched The Others

I wasn't expecting much, to be honest, but this film blew me away. Gripping story right from the start, some very creepy moments, convincing acting, and the huge twist at the end was incredibly well done. It's a bit mindfucky; still trying to wrap my head about it. The twist was made even better by the sudden appearance of one Michelle Fairley (Catelyn Stark from Game of Thrones) which got me all excited. Great film!
            One of the best ghost stories period. Second viewing knowing the twist makes it even better.
            Flowers gathered in the morning,
            Afternoon they blossom on,
            Still are withered by the evening:
            You can be me when I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Engel View Post
              One of the best ghost stories period. Second viewing knowing the twist makes it even better.
              Yes, I was thinking that myself. Knowing the twist beforehand would make for an almost fresh viewing experience, and would perhaps alleviate some of the confusion I had during the first watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Emperor View Post
                Yes, I was thinking that myself. Knowing the twist beforehand would make for an almost fresh viewing experience, and would perhaps alleviate some of the confusion I had during the first watch.
                yeah def. a second viewing is needed after the first.

i remember renting this more than 10 years ago when it first came out on video not expecting much yet to this day this movie still sticks with me. very well done ghost film.
                "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

Comment

Easy A: Just finished giving this a watch on Netflix, anyway's it's actually not that bad of a movie. With that said though I mostly just gave this film a watch as it starred Emma Stone.

Banner Credit: Surrender
                  Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

Anime Currently Watching
                  Dragon Ball Super, Pokemon Sun & Moon

Comment

Easy A needed just a but more Tucci in it. He was gold in every scene.

Comment

Watched Admission today. It was your average romantic comedy which was actually a disappointment given how much I love Fey and Rudd. Wasn't bad but it wasn't anything I'd watch again.
                      Check me out on the Twitterverse: https://twitter.com/#!/Jdiddy381

Comment

Epic (2013)
                        Which was slow at first but everything pick up wonderfully
                        Man Of Steel
                        Same as Epic but feel real
                        This Is the End
                        Rude, Crude and Altogether wonderful premise, and enjoy the storyline
                        Last edited by Captain Obvious; 06-24-2013, 03:14 AM.

Comment

As for This is the End, I also forgot
                          Spoiler

When watching it a second time, it felt a lot more appropriate that it actually happened. In fact, he kept hinting at it all movie.

But if there's one thing people seemed surprised about, it was definitely the Franco-McBride scene.

Spoiler

Comment

the call An emergency operator receives a desperate call from a kidnapped teen, and races to locate the young victim while facing a terrifying killer from her own past in this thriller from director Brad Anderson (The Machinist, Session 9). Jordan Turner (Halle Berry) is a 911 operator in the Hive -- the bustling Los Angeles headquarters for emergency operators. Her job is extraordinarily stressful, though the camaraderie she shares with co-workers Flora (Denise Dowse) and Marco (JosÚ Z˙˝iga) helps Jordan to stay sharp and focused during those long nights on the phone. The veteran operator experiences a debilitating bout of self-doubt, however, after making a thoughtless mistake that results in the brutal murder of a young girl at the hands of a sadistic prowler. Six months later, Jordan is taking a group of young trainees on a tour of the Hive when an inexperienced operator receives a frantic call from Casey (Abigail Breslin), a terrified teen who is locked in the trunk of a speeding car after being abducted in a parking lot. Unfortunately, Casey is calling from a disposable phone with no chip, making it impossible for the operator to trace the call. Instinctively taking over the situation, Jordan does her best to calm Casey so that she can provide clues that will help authorities, including Jordan's police-officer boyfriend Paul (Morris Chestnut), identify the car and rescue the frightened abductee. With each passing minute the danger grows, and the hope for a happy outcome fades. Meanwhile, when the kidnapper (Michael Eklund) finds Casey's hidden phone, an ominous exchange with Jordan leaves her convinced that he's the same man who killed the other young girl six months prior. Horrified to discover just what's at stake should she fail to save Casey, the haunted operator takes the situation into her own hands, only to realize she may have unwittingly become the killer's next victim didn't care much about it

Comment

Fear Island:
                              A fairly standard slasher flick. Nothing I'd bother watching a second time. Lucy Hale looked hot though...then her movie character said she was 15 so I had to google search her real age and all was fine. She's in her twenties so I felt less scummy.

Comment

Pirhanna:
                                Way to raunchy for my taste.

2012:
                                I liked it for the most part. I thought the ending was slower than it should of been but the rest was fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X