The Wire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wire

Finally just started watching this series on Amazon Prime. It took me a while to get into it, first 7 or 8 episodes are really long and somewhat slow. Damn does it really start to pick up around episode 9 though, that was a great one. I'm really into this show right now. Have you seen The Wire? What do/did you think about it? Are the later seasons better or worse than the first one?

Re: The Wire

Greatest show of all-time! It stays great the whole series with the best season being Season 4.
    surrender

First Ever PW Heavyweight Champion!

Comment

Greatest show of all-time! It stays great the whole series with the best season being Season 4.
      surrender

First Ever PW Heavyweight Champion!

Comment

Truly satisfying 5 season series. Worth a rewatch later on once you've finished. A top 3 series of all time!

-Hayze

Originally posted by iNCY
        yes I am a little bitch.

Comment

Truly satisfying 5 season series. Worth a rewatch later on once you've finished. A top 3 series of all time!

-Hayze

Originally posted by iNCY
          yes I am a little bitch.

Comment

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiet partner, what took you so long?

I love the show and while I struggled initially with all the characters, police bureaucracy and so on, it made the second viewing that much more rewarding.

Have you got any favourite characters, Shin?

Comment

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiet partner, what took you so long?

I love the show and while I struggled initially with all the characters, police bureaucracy and so on, it made the second viewing that much more rewarding.

Have you got any favourite characters, Shin?

Comment

One of the best series ever, I have it below Breaking Bad (my personal #1), Game of Thrones, and the Sopranos (maybe the Shield too), but amazing. Bubbles I feel has one of, if not THE strongest character arcs in television history; Michael's was pretty great as well. I was a bit let down by the mainline in season 5, really felt wasted, but the stuff not involving the police department was great. The Hamsterdam season was just brilliant. And of course, Omar is just one of the slickest motherfucking characters ever. Oh indeed.
                Originally posted by Black Dynamite
                Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

Comment

One of the best series ever, I have it below Breaking Bad (my personal #1), Game of Thrones, and the Sopranos (maybe the Shield too), but amazing. Bubbles I feel has one of, if not THE strongest character arcs in television history; Michael's was pretty great as well. I was a bit let down by the mainline in season 5, really felt wasted, but the stuff not involving the police department was great. The Hamsterdam season was just brilliant. And of course, Omar is just one of the slickest motherfucking characters ever. Oh indeed.
                  Originally posted by Black Dynamite
                  Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

Comment

I've only ever seen the first two seasons, and they were fantastic...Ive been meaning to watch 3-5 and will probably get to it this year.

Comment

I've only ever seen the first two seasons, and they were fantastic...Ive been meaning to watch 3-5 and will probably get to it this year.

Comment

I started watching it a couple of years ago but it just didn't grab me. It confused me in places. Only watched the first three episodes though. I am not judging the show on those episodes. I'm sure it's as amazing as everyone says it is, and I know it takes a while to set the scene and establish the characters in such a complex show (Game of Thrones is another good example). I didn't intend to stop watching it, it just kinda happened. I had no desire to watch the next episode and then I moved on to other things. I do plan to start again at some point, but right now I've got a couple of shows on the go, and that's enough TV/Netflix for me right now.

Comment

I started watching it a couple of years ago but it just didn't grab me. It confused me in places. Only watched the first three episodes though. I am not judging the show on those episodes. I'm sure it's as amazing as everyone says it is, and I know it takes a while to set the scene and establish the characters in such a complex show (Game of Thrones is another good example). I didn't intend to stop watching it, it just kinda happened. I had no desire to watch the next episode and then I moved on to other things. I do plan to start again at some point, but right now I've got a couple of shows on the go, and that's enough TV/Netflix for me right now.

Comment

I loved how they had different bands sing the intro theme song.

Great show. The holy trinity alongside Breaking Bad and The Shield.

Favourite characters were Carver and Herc. Omar is a close second.
                            PW Nerdery's Most Underrated Poster Of 2015

Comment

I loved how they had different bands sing the intro theme song.

Great show. The holy trinity alongside Breaking Bad and The Shield.

Favourite characters were Carver and Herc. Omar is a close second.
                              PW Nerdery's Most Underrated Poster Of 2015

Comment

Working...
                              X