Modern Day Rap, Where to Start?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Modern Day Rap, Where to Start?

I usually listen to Action Bronson Radio on Pandora. Plays mostly Joey Badass, J. Cole, Kendrick Lamar, with some Wu Tang and Jedi Mind Tricks thrown in.

Banner Credit: Spike

Comment

I usually listen to Action Bronson Radio on Pandora. Plays mostly Joey Badass, J. Cole, Kendrick Lamar, with some Wu Tang and Jedi Mind Tricks thrown in.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Nichols View Post
        Action Bronson is probably a great one for Lony to listen to given his old school sensibilities and the fact that Bronson sounds so much like Ghostface.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Nichols View Post
          Action Bronson is probably a great one for Lony to listen to given his old school sensibilities and the fact that Bronson sounds so much like Ghostface.

Comment

If we're gonna talk about Bronson, we have to mention his show on Viceland called Fuck, That's Delicious. It's based off her old web series. Bronson is a giant foodie (not a fat joke or is it). Basically, he's trying new restaurants and food wherever he goes when on tour. The guy has personality for days, and I could watch his show all day.

Comment

If we're gonna talk about Bronson, we have to mention his show on Viceland called Fuck, That's Delicious. It's based off her old web series. Bronson is a giant foodie (not a fat joke or is it). Basically, he's trying new restaurants and food wherever he goes when on tour. The guy has personality for days, and I could watch his show all day.

Comment

Originally posted by HR View Post
                Bronson has a great old school New York flow which can be unconventional at times much like Ghostface other than that their voices sound pretty similar. I cant name the song at the moment but they have a featuring with each other and that really identifies and differentiates both flows respectively.

3 other things I love about Action besides his style and flow:

1. His pro wrestling references. He literally has shouted at dozens of pro wrestlers in his verses from Marty Jannetty, Mr. Wonderful, Brooklyn Brawler to Barry Horowitz.
                2. His love for food as I am myself a chef.
                3. His love for baseball. He shouts out ball players just as much as wrestlers.

Comment

Originally posted by HR View Post
                  Bronson has a great old school New York flow which can be unconventional at times much like Ghostface other than that their voices sound pretty similar. I cant name the song at the moment but they have a featuring with each other and that really identifies and differentiates both flows respectively.

3 other things I love about Action besides his style and flow:

1. His pro wrestling references. He literally has shouted at dozens of pro wrestlers in his verses from Marty Jannetty, Mr. Wonderful, Brooklyn Brawler to Barry Horowitz.
                  2. His love for food as I am myself a chef.
                  3. His love for baseball. He shouts out ball players just as much as wrestlers.

Comment

Gotta listen to more Bronson if he's shouting out wrestlers. Respect on the E-40, B.G. Knocc Out and San Quinn mentions.
                    First set of inductees for Titans: Bret Hart, Randy Savage, Shawn Michaels, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and The Undertaker

Comment

Gotta listen to more Bronson if he's shouting out wrestlers. Respect on the E-40, B.G. Knocc Out and San Quinn mentions.
                      First set of inductees for Titans: Bret Hart, Randy Savage, Shawn Michaels, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and The Undertaker

Comment

Working...
                      X