Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Class of 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Class of 2017

The 2017 class was announced today. Here are the artists and groups that made it in.

Pearl Jam
    Journey
    Yes
    Electric Light Orchestra
    Tupac Shakur
    Joan Baez
    Nile Rodgers (Award for Musical Excellence)

Gotta say that this is a good class. I'm gonna be watching Journey pretty closely here. WILL THEY reunite with Steve Perry for their induction? Will Perry sing with them that night?

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

Re: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Class of 2017

Happy for Yes, sad though that it may have taken Chris Squire's death to put them over the top. Pearl Jam was the biggest no-brainer considering the leanings of the people involved with the inductions. I think Perry will sing with them, I don't know of any real animosity there. Infinity through Frontiers was an unbelievable run of albums for them.

Now with Rush, Purple, Kiss and Yes in they need to get into the metal genre (Maiden, Priest, Motorhead etc.) but that seems to be public enemy number 1 now even over prog for Wenner and company.

Comment

Happy for Yes, sad though that it may have taken Chris Squire's death to put them over the top. Pearl Jam was the biggest no-brainer considering the leanings of the people involved with the inductions. I think Perry will sing with them, I don't know of any real animosity there. Infinity through Frontiers was an unbelievable run of albums for them.

Now with Rush, Purple, Kiss and Yes in they need to get into the metal genre (Maiden, Priest, Motorhead etc.) but that seems to be public enemy number 1 now even over prog for Wenner and company.

Comment

Really no complaints this time around. All are definitely deserving.

Only slightly minor gripe is that both AIC and Soundgarden were better than Pearl Jam in their respective hey days.

Comment

Only slightly minor gripe is that both AIC and Soundgarden were better than Pearl Jam in their respective hey days.

Comment

Originally posted by The Real LT View Post

I would guess that Soundgarden will enter in 2018.

Still My Champ
            Thanks, surrender.

Comment

I would guess that Soundgarden will enter in 2018.

Still My Champ
              Thanks, surrender.

Comment

I don't think Journey belongs anywhere near the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Everybody else I agree with, although I can't believe ELO wasn't already in.

$

Comment

I don't think Journey belongs anywhere near the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Everybody else I agree with, although I can't believe ELO wasn't already in.

$

Comment

And once again I ask where is Jethro Tull?

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Comment

And once again I ask where is Jethro Tull?

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgore View Post
                        Frankly surprised it took this long. They were one of the biggest bands of their era.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgore View Post
                          Frankly surprised it took this long. They were one of the biggest bands of their era.

Comment

So was Limp Bizkit.

$

Comment

So was Limp Bizkit.

$

Comment

Working...
                              X