What are you reading?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What are you reading?

Rereading Little Star by Lindqvist (Let The Right One In). Really hope one day this gets made into a movie. It is captures the internet culture of blogs and viral videos so well. Also utterly terrifying how Alien Theres is. A lot of the same themes from Let The Right One In return, such as bullying and social isolation. The ending seems out of left field when I read it the first time, but it would work in film.
    Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncall View Post
      In between those I picked up a book about Katherine Knight, Australias worst female killer. It's called Bloodstain and it's all about her life, what made her the way she was and the truly terrible crime she committed, it wasn't just murder. Stick her name in Wikipedia and read if you want to feel naseous.
      If you like true crime with crazy women, look into Amelia Dyer, Angel Maker by Allison Vale/Rattle. Fast read about one of the most prolific serial killers in history.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncall View Post
        In between those I picked up a book about Katherine Knight, Australias worst female killer. It's called Bloodstain and it's all about her life, what made her the way she was and the truly terrible crime she committed, it wasn't just murder. Stick her name in Wikipedia and read if you want to feel naseous.
        If you like true crime with crazy women, look into Amelia Dyer, Angel Maker by Allison Vale/Rattle. Fast read about one of the most prolific serial killers in history.

Comment

Originally posted by Engel View Post
          You really need to reread this and your last post and reconsider what you have said.
          Or you could read "Not Cool" and learn something other than what you have been indoctrinated to. Think for yourself, don't just accept what you are told!

Comment

Originally posted by Engel View Post
            You really need to reread this and your last post and reconsider what you have said.
            Or you could read "Not Cool" and learn something other than what you have been indoctrinated to. Think for yourself, don't just accept what you are told!

Comment

Haven't started a book in a couple of months but the last book I read was "Sully" about the flight in the Hudson. Really interesting book. I went in, obviously, for the details of the incident itself but you end up absorbed in his entire story and a pilot's career.

2013 TBG Poster of the Year

Scotland, Celtic and FC Basel
              CELTIC (SPFL CHAMPIONS 2013/14)
              FC BASEL (SSL CHAMPIONS 2013/2014; SWISS CUP FINALISTS)

Comment

Haven't started a book in a couple of months but the last book I read was "Sully" about the flight in the Hudson. Really interesting book. I went in, obviously, for the details of the incident itself but you end up absorbed in his entire story and a pilot's career.

2013 TBG Poster of the Year

Scotland, Celtic and FC Basel
                CELTIC (SPFL CHAMPIONS 2013/14)
                FC BASEL (SSL CHAMPIONS 2013/2014; SWISS CUP FINALISTS)

Comment

Reading Floodpath about the largest man made disaster in the US and the making of modern day LA.
                  I am your God

Comment

Reading Floodpath about the largest man made disaster in the US and the making of modern day LA.
                    I am your God

Comment

Working...
                    X