2016 Hip-Hop Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Hip-Hop Thread

It's been a few years since PW has one, but let's kick off the year right with this thread. 2015 was a great year for hip hop, but I'm expecting even bigger things this year. Queen Miss Elliot returned last year with her Super Bowl surprise and dropping WTF so maybe an album is in the horizon for 2016. Drake is going to capitalize on his big 2015 for the much anticipated Views from the 6. Pusha T gave us a taste last month, King Push will be out this year. Future is going have another legendary year.

Yeezy season is officially a go. Earlier today Mrs. Kim Kardashian West tweeted about GOOD Fridays returning with the first song being "Real Friends" and a preview of a track with Kendrick Lamar. Just a few minutes ago, Kanye officially said SWISH will be out February 11th!

Last night Kendrick did another Untitled song like he did on the Colbert Report.

What are you looking forward to this year?

Kanye West - "Real Friends"

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/...-real-friends/

Re: 2016 Hip-Hop Thread

Love that Real Friends has marked the return on emotional, insecure Kanye. I think that's when he's at his best (see Blame Game). Ty Dolla $ign fits in perfectly too, he was almost made to do a feature on a Kanye track. Can't wait to hear the full version of the song with Kendrick.

Comment

Love that Real Friends has marked the return on emotional, insecure Kanye. I think that's when he's at his best (see Blame Game). Ty Dolla $ign fits in perfectly too, he was almost made to do a feature on a Kanye track. Can't wait to hear the full version of the song with Kendrick.

Comment

Kanye West ft Kendrick Lamar - No More Parties in L.A.

The new song was a few days late because it wasn't completely finished, but it was definitively worth the waste. Hearing Kanye and Kendrick go back and forth is what dreams are made of. Kim wasn't lying about it being 90 bars. I really hope this ends up being on SWISH. This sounds like something between Late Registration and Graduation.

Future dropped a new mixtape too called Purple Reign. His streak of great tapes and albums continues.

Comment

Kanye West ft Kendrick Lamar - No More Parties in L.A.

The new song was a few days late because it wasn't completely finished, but it was definitively worth the waste. Hearing Kanye and Kendrick go back and forth is what dreams are made of. Kim wasn't lying about it being 90 bars. I really hope this ends up being on SWISH. This sounds like something between Late Registration and Graduation.

Future dropped a new mixtape too called Purple Reign. His streak of great tapes and albums continues.

Comment

I know some fans who thought I wouldn't rap like this again/
            But the writer's block is over, MCs cancel your plans

BARS

Comment

I know some fans who thought I wouldn't rap like this again/
              But the writer's block is over, MCs cancel your plans

BARS

Comment

Swish of course. Also the full version of King Push, saw Pusha live at Metro Theatre a few weeks ago, he was great live.

Comment

Swish of course. Also the full version of King Push, saw Pusha live at Metro Theatre a few weeks ago, he was great live.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

In the world of hip hop I am excited to be going to the Vibe Dance Competition this weekend.
                        I am your God

Comment

In the world of hip hop I am excited to be going to the Vibe Dance Competition this weekend.
                          I am your God

Comment

Originally posted by HR View Post
                            He just changed the album titled from SWISH to Waves.

I'm still going to refer to it as SWISH.

Comment

Originally posted by HR View Post
                              He just changed the album titled from SWISH to Waves.

I'm still going to refer to it as SWISH.

Comment

Working...
                              X