Thread: A Check returned: WHat will happen?

Default A Check returned: WHat will happen?

Ive never had a check returned and wondering whats going to happen? I wrote two 10 dollar checks to the doctor's office and apperantly they are returning them. Now before everyone one says I should manage my mone better, this wasnt my fault.

I had enough in the bank the day I wrote them, that night I go online and there was 205 taken out which put me under the limit. I was negative. The thing was someone had taken money out of my account. Well the checks were taken out. Well today I got the money stolen back and now the checks are returned when I finally got the money back.

So since I bounced the checks what will happen?

Alabama ... We Comin For Ya Sucka

Default Re: A Check returned: WHat will happen?

The Place you wrote it to will charge you a amount of money, and you bank will charge you about 25 bucks every time

Like the Banner? All love should go to HAYZE

Oh ok ... So all I will do is pay what I owe plus a fee

The night sky is slowly returning to somewhat normal

pretty yes.....and it might even be wise to call the place where you wrote them, apologize, and say you will take care of them, please let you know when they come back.

keep in mind that these days more and more places are doing "electronic redeposit" where they send the checks back through AND the fee. I would ask them if you need to bring in cash to do pay these or if this will be the case.

I know your headache. I had to go argue with the bank because they said I tried bouncing 4 checks. Pardon me but the money was there, and I got them to reverse the overdraft charges. They paid them but still.

BTW.....do you know who stole your money and do you mind me how they did it? I've had online places that steal my bank card number and nail me that way OR they put through for things I signed up to try out, cancelled within a week because it wasnt for me (and the first 30 days are free) and STILL got me. So just wondering

Sorry Bout Your Damn Luck

EWS....come efed at SCW here http://z15.invisionfree.com/FTWOWres...ex.php?act=idx
    My beautiful grand daughter (aka Munchkin) made me a grandmother September 6, 2012, and my son passed away June 10, 2013. May he RIP

Quote Originally Posted by **Star**
    pretty yes.....and it might even be wise to call the place where you wrote them, apologize, and say you will take care of them, please let you know when they come back.

keep in mind that these days more and more places are doing "electronic redeposit" where they send the checks back through AND the fee. I would ask them if you need to bring in cash to do pay these or if this will be the case.

I know your headache. I had to go argue with the bank because they said I tried bouncing 4 checks. Pardon me but the money was there, and I got them to reverse the overdraft charges. They paid them but still.

BTW.....do you know who stole your money and do you mind me how they did it? I've had online places that steal my bank card number and nail me that way OR they put through for things I signed up to try out, cancelled within a week because it wasnt for me (and the first 30 days are free) and STILL got me. So just wondering
    I appreciate your information. It was apprentley from paying bills online and such. I saw it at Midnight and the next day I went to the bank and got it figured out.

I've had that happen like when Ron goes to the store for me and uses the bank card cause I'm under the weather and then I forget and then even though I write few checks, get nailed. I feel bout an inch tall given I try SO hard to not let this happen (we both had issues in the past so I've been almost anal about this). Mistakes happen, and its like walking your dog in the park. As long as you clean up the mess in a timely manner most places get that it happens. Just do NOT let it go to a collections of any kind. That's when it gets REALLY expensive and you end up paying an arm, leg and a kid if you have one.

I got all but one of my charges reversed then remembered I bought gas on the card on this account that hadn't cleared yet (that day wasn't good for me). I got it all covered but the food budget is a touch .....ok alot near empy this week but fortunately we got groceries for the entire week.

Good luck and just make sure it makes you aware of what you do in the future. Essentially learn from it

EWS....come efed at SCW here http://z15.invisionfree.com/FTWOWres...ex.php?act=idx
    My beautiful grand daughter (aka Munchkin) made me a grandmother September 6, 2012, and my son passed away June 10, 2013. May he RIP

ok so the dr office put them back through thr bank and they went through, should I go to the bank and see I cant get the returned check fee back?

you can go in or call....but chances are if htey went through once and your account was overdrawn, they'll probably "well tough luck". Now, if this has NEVER happen to you, depending on your bank, they may take a bit of mercy and maybe take off one charge, but I highly doubt it.

If you think its worth a try, go for it, but at this point they may say "lesson learned, sorry"

You should visit your banker and explain that your checks only bounced after someone else withdrew money from your account etc. It may not make a difference (if the funds were stolen it should) but they may remove one or both of the overdraft fees. However, if by "stolen" you mean someone with your account information took the money out, the bank probably won't do anything if you aren't going to press charges.

Thread Information