Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why does the Big Show always lose?

Default Why does the Big Show always lose?

One thing I never got from day one is why they have the Big Show lose every high profile match he has. I understand they couldn't have him be like like Andre and never lose but ,jeez, when does he ever win? They constantly due this angle that he's so angry and wants to hurt people but who cares if he's a loser. I'd like to see him go on some winning tear and have him not lose for like a year. Fans might take to him then. It's hard to take him seriously when he almost always loses most of his PPV matches.

Default Re: Why does the Big Show always lose?

He's 7'2", 500 lbs. He could lose every week and still be taken seriously. At any point the WWE could put the belt on him and it would be believable.

The Ultimate Fic'er Competitor: Proud Member of Team RT
    • Round 1 Result: Survived, Team RT MVP (Rebooking WrestleMania XXX)

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I think Big Show is in the same boat with Kane now as he's really just a progessive talent to string other wrestlers along. I really don't know why they don't give him a little bit more to do though, I think he could easily make a great heel champion but they don't seem to want to take that route with him and when they do it's usually a brief run.

Really I don't love or hate BS, to me he's just there. With the right fued he's okay but I can take or leave him but I still think he would make a beleivable champion.

I think Show's great whatever he's doing, so it doesn't really bother me....As long as he's being used.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

I don't think he cares about winning or losing. Hey, I'll be happy if I defeated John Cena, Undertaker, Jeff Hardy, and Triple H clean in a 6 month span.

First off, I think Show is a great wrestler. For a man of his size, he can hold his own in the ring. Show's problem, however, may be his size. Whenever the WWE needs to put someone over, Show is the guy to do it. Think about it, what could possibly make a wrestler more legit than beating a 500lb man cleanly in a match?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Perfect
    . Think about it, what could possibly make a wrestler more legit than beating a 500lb man cleanly in a match?
    Beating a 500lb man cleanly after being thrown into a spot light and then beat down while injured 2 weeks before the match.

TheGFX360

Does it matter if Big Show always loses?

No.

Big Show doesn't need to win that much to get the crowd to believe him. The crowd boos him as a heel, which means he's getting crowd reaction, which is a good thing.. whether you're winning or losing a match.

Quote Originally Posted by JackJ Swagger
    He's 7'2", 500 lbs. He could lose every week and still be taken seriously. At any point the WWE could put the belt on him and it would be believable.
    That's exactly right.

I think Big Show is in the same boat with Kane now as he's really just a progessive talent to string other wrestlers along. I really don't know why they don't give him a little bit more to do though, I think he could easily make a great heel champion but they don't seem to want to take that route with him and when they do it's usually a brief run.
    The only issue I have with this is that Big Show is 5 years younger than Kane. They really shouldn't be in the same boat. Kane, at 42 years of age, is right where he should be. Big Show's only 37. This is the time when you SHOULD be giving him his run in the spotlight.

Same reason they do it to Kane. He's big and scary looking, they build him up for a bit so then someone like Cena can beat him and look strong.... I hate when they do it with Kane so I know how you feel!

I remember him being the youngiest wcw champion ever.I like how when he wants to( or the writers want him to)He can pull out moves that people smaller then him can do.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

The only member that can be called "That guy who posts here.Nothing new here"*

* that's an over exaggeration

Annoy me at twitter: @SamuelMathiasC

Yeah it sucks he always loses. He needs another run as champion, because he can be a good heel champion. Just look at his ECW title run.

I always liked The Big Show. He definitely has a passion for the business and he keeps me entertained when he is booked properly. Booking. That's the thing I feel holds him back. If Show would get used to his full potential he would be an awesome superstar. His reign as ECW champion is thee perfect example, even though I still feel he had much more in him than he was allowed to unleash.

.... is back!

He's talented. The talented ones have to lose to make the guys on top look good.

Save Us

If they wanted to be very realistic, no one could ever beat a 7 foot, 500 pound man. The drama is in seeing how someone can beat him. If Big Show wins, it's not really a surprise, he's huge! He will always be a stepping stone for that face to climb on his way to a title match. They can give Show the belt once in a while, but his only purpose with it would be to put over a face who would triumph over impossible odds. He does a great job, especially facing much smaller guys. I still remember when he grabbed Mysterio off a stretcher, and swung him, still strapped to the board, into the ring pole like a baseball bat. Show's size and Mysterio's ability to make bumps look really bad combined to make an awesome scene.
    "I'd like to apologize to the people. I've bet on wrestling." Bobby "The Brain" Heenan
    PSN ID: Jessd76

Currently playing:
    Gran Turismo 6
    Grand Theft Auto V
    Call of Duty: Ghosts

Quote Originally Posted by Ness
    He's talented. The talented ones have to lose to make the guys on top look good.
    Because the guys on top aren't talented?

Big Show retired and disappeared from the WWE years ago, cuz he achieved everything he set out to do. Plus his weight, knees and back were an issue. Then they bring him back to face mayweather and then win the ECW Title adding to his WWE heavyweight championships and wcw heavyweight championships. He's slimmed down got a new move to his arsenal and has been in all the big feuds over the last year. I mean he's taking a lighter schedule and it helps his character stay fresh. He's like the Undertaker without the backstage pull of needing to win.

Quote Originally Posted by ozriel
    Big Show retired and disappeared from the WWE years ago, cuz he achieved everything he set out to do. Plus his weight, knees and back were an issue. Then they bring him back to face mayweather and then win the ECW Title adding to his WWE heavyweight championships and wcw heavyweight championships. He's slimmed down got a new move to his arsenal and has been in all the big feuds over the last year. I mean he's taking a lighter schedule and it helps his character stay fresh. He's like the Undertaker without the backstage pull of needing to win.
    He was only gone for a year, and he won the ECW title before he left.

Quote Originally Posted by ozriel
    He was only gone for a year, and he won the ECW title before he left.

Because we all know John Cena, Edge, Shawn Michaels, Randy Orton, Undertaker, HHH, and Jericho are all talentless hacks, right?

Big Show never had an interesting enough character to put as the figurehead of the company IMO. Due to his size, he's a good person to feed to faces, but other than that I really never care what he is doing.

Its tradition for WWE to build up big men ONLY for them to be defeated by a top superstar. As most of the time it makes the top superstar appear to be even bigger.

Permanently Banned

Didn't he just beat the Undertaker very recently (post-Wrestlemania)?

They booked him PERFECTLY up until the Cena loss. It won't hurt Show, but they should have had Show beat Cena at JDay and then Cena attack Show the next night and say he wants one more shot. Show says fine, but in a submission match. Not sure why Cena went over at JDay, it didn't help either of them. Hell, they could have had Miz cost Cena the match somehow.

I can see both points of this dilemma..But Big Show loses too much..Obviously, he shouldn't win every match, but he shouldn't lose every match either..Case in point being Wrestlemania..Big Show has lost every single Wrestlemania match he's ever been in..The shitty Big Show/Edge/Cena Wrestlemania 25 match would've been way better if Big Show actually won the championship instead of the obvious winner-SuperCena..If you still don't see my point then go back one year earlier to Big Show's atrocious loss to Mayweather by that bullshit finish with Mayweather using brass knucks to win..Case in point-have Big Show win enough matches for him to still be taken seriously as a deadly giant instead of the current Big Show..Frustrated giant always at the losing end whenever he goes against Edge or SuperCena

Thread Information