Thread: How Much Money Do Indy Wrestlers Make?

Banned

Default How Much Money Do Indy Wrestlers Make?

ROH how much money do they make?

Misc. Indies What do they make?

I always wanted to know. People say you wont make money unless in the WWE or overseas.

Default Re: How Much Money Do Indy Wrestlers Make?

It depends, they can make a anywhere from $20 to $1000 per show they do, although I don't believe them when they say they make over a couple of hundred on a regular basis, I mean it doesn't seem viable in the long run for the organisation.

They don't get paid that much on the indy cirucuit. ROH guys probably get paid more that most other indy guys because ROH is the biggest indy fed in US. Most of them do it for the love of Pro wrestling though instead of the money which is why I think Danielson is in two minds weather to go to the WWE.
    If Someone could find me a good pic of Tyler Black please PM me and I will Rep you

There are lots of different factors. Say a guy works on the indies, but he also works in Japan, where they pay really well. Also, Mexico and Europe and other places.

There really is no set way of telling.

it depends on status. some guys do make a decent living doing indy shows. if you happen to become one of the cult icons, you can pic and choose sometimes. the money is good in japan, but i haven't really heard about mexico. former wwe guys tend to get a little extra at times because some indy promoters love to throw that "former wwe star" out there. i read that when they got fired eugene was asking around 1000 per booking and cryme tyme(before coming back) was asking 1500.
    Rob Van Dam:
    "What you're doing is going to destroy ECW. ECW fans won't get behind this." And I was hearing ridiculous things such as, "Rob, people don't remember the old ECW." I'd say, "What are you talking about, Vince? Why do you think they chant 'E-C-W?' " "Well, because I trained them to do that over the last five years when they see something extreme."

Rodge

I ran a few shows down here back in 2006 and at that time Samoa Joe and AJ Styles were $700. The TNA mid carders were $350 and say someone like Kevin Steen was $250. It all depends on how the wrestler negotiates.

Local guys dont make much at all. $20-$100 at best. Depends on the promoter.

$20 is even high for guys starting out. I seen guys get gas and dinner. Sometimes even gas is not there.

As DJM said there are so many factors around pay it is ludicrous to even speculate. Take Lance Storm and RoH. People would say he would be about 1k using net logic but he did the last show for free.

Basically pay is whatever the guys ask for and if they get it. Supply and demand. If they are in demand they ask for more. If they are not in demand due to more wrestlers who will draw as much as them in the area they need to ask for less.

I can say from what I seen a lot of the net figures are very high. But many guys do not share how much they make often, so it is all speculation till you book a show or know someone good enough to ask them.
    Last edited by Engel; 08-09-2008 at 01:09 PM.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

Banned

why is it secretive?

Because lots of people don't like talking about the money they make. It's their own business.

Don't forget that the wrestlers working in local indies will also have day jobs. I actually meet a guy who was wrestling locally once, he was working as a bouncer in a bar. He said his wrestling name was Hercules, short in stature and personality, he was destined to never be more than what he was.

Lazy78852

It's really up to the promoters at first. once you establish yourself that's when you can have a set price.

The Wrestle-O-Pedia TheMaskedOtter's Avatar

Many indys guy make their money off the promo tables where they will sell photo or t-shirts of themselves. From everything I've heard for what I've seen here seems pretty accurate. If you have a bit of a name you're going to be making a little more than the guy who is just starting out.

Thread Information