Thread: How old do you have to be to start training to become a wrestler?

Ant

Default How old do you have to be to start training to become a wrestler?

I'm thinking about going for professional wrestling training. I'm only 15 but turning 16 in August. Of course I'm going to have to work out and get into shape first and then I would probably sign up. There is an indy fed that does shows right around the block from my house. They train people there and I'm pretty sure that Mikey Whipwreck is one of the trainers which would be awesome to have him as a trainer.

Is there an age you have to be to sign up? I would think you'd have to at least be 18 but I read some wrestlers' profiles and they say they started at 13, 16, etc. Anyone know?

The Gent

Default Re: How old do you have to be to start training to become a wrestler?

16 seems a little young to start putting your body through all that. People who want your money may tell you differently but I would certainly wait 3 years or so. You can get in shape in the meantime but some say it can stunt your growth if you are not fully grown.

I'd advise you to keep going with your schooling but at the same time working out. The wrestling business is an incredibly hard one to break out in, and it would be good for you to have something to fall back on if it didn't work out.

I'm not sure how old you have to be to train, but I'm pretty sure you can't legally wrestle(in the u.s.) until the age of 18.

Ant

Thanks for the tips guys I really appreciate it. I'll definitely take them all into consideration.

And yes I will definitely finish high school and go to college as well.

Hatch_basic

I'm 20 and I started this year. You had to be 18

Anonymous

Legally, you can train at any time. If you are under 18 you need your parents concent. However most places will not train you until you are 18, but some will train you younger.

Balls Deep

What Engel said. I think Killer Kowalski's school takes people 14 and up with consent, and many that I've seen say 17 with consent.

Bitch

Is there a wrestling school in the bay area?

Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Balls
    What Engel said. I think Killer Kowalski's school takes people 14 and up with consent, and many that I've seen say 17 with consent.
    Kowalski stopped training years ago, but CCW still takes people 13 and up with concent.

TheOrangeJobber

I think 13+ with parents concent, but you need to be at least 18 in the US to wrestle a match, it might be 16 in the UK though, i'm unsure.

A friend of mine staretd training at the age of 14, was wrestling live shows when he was 15, but thats in the U.K- not sure about the U.S laws, America seems stricter on just about everything. the U.K just doesnt give a shit

Rasslin Royalty

Doesn't TNA run a wreslting school.

I would like to get into wrestling though... but only as a mouth peice or booker

(Hell I might as well start my own wreslting promotion... I got an idea in the works..)

Thread Information