vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LSW Season II: Genesis

What's this? A KJ fed?

Source: LSW.com

Lonestar Wrestling is back, and better then ever. With Lonestar Wrestling Season II: Genesis on the horizon, we at LSW.com have managed to borrow LSW Owner Shawn Michaels for a few minutes to go over the changes sweeping the company.

LSW.com: With LSW Season II: Genesis upon us, Lonestar Wrestling owner Shawn Michaels has granted us some time to share his thoughts on the upcoming seasons, as well as a behind the scenes look at some of the struggles the LSW has gone through leading up to Season II. First of all, Shawn, thanks very much for joining us. LSW Season I can only be considered a massive success, and we’re not just saying that because we work for you either. (laughs) But with Season II, we’ve heard there will be sweeping changes. Could we get some insight?

Shawn Michaels: Well, first off, thanks for the compliments. I’m incredibly proud of LSW Season I, but the “off-season”, as you mentioned, has been tumultuous to say the least.

LSW.com: How so?

Shawn: Well, we’ve had to say good-bye to a few of our competitors. Brent Albright has decided to step away to handle some personal issues for the time being. Both Christopher Daniels and Gregory Helms, two of our cornerstones in the tag team division, have opted not to return for Season II as well. Behind the mic, Taz decided to hang up his microphone as well. But the biggest loss is John Cena. Cena’s a man I respect a great deal. He went through his entire WWE career with the main workload and was never injured. For sixth straight months he represented the LSW as our World Champion and John’s decided to recharge his batteries. I’ve been there myself and I know how tough it can be to go 110% every day, so we met after the season ended and I told him “John, get yourself together and we’ll see you in Season III” and he was just great and respectful with the whole thing.

LSW.com: Will we be seeing any new faces entering the LSW to make up for the loss of four pivotal superstars?

Shawn: Definitely. With the collapse of my “old buddy” Triple H’s ESW, we’ll be bringing in a couple new superstars. Both Montel Vontavious Porter, better known as MVP, and a man I’m very excited to bring in, Randy Orton, will be debuting at the “Battle at the Alamo II”, and…

LSW.com: Wait, “Battle at the Alamo II”?

Shawn: Did I say that?

LSW.com: Yes, you did.

Shawn: Oh. (smiles) We’ll come back to that. We’re also bringing in two new tag teams; LAX, which is Homicide and Low Ki, and if you haven’t seen these guys wrestle, you probably won’t get why I’m excited but give them one watch and you’ll see why. We’re also bringing in two guys who started with LSW but had to step away, The Naturals. These two guys really fit their name. And replacing Taz will be a legend himself, Mick Foley. I spoke to Mick yesterday and he’s so excited to be a part of Lonestar Wrestling. It was great to hear that passion in someone who’s been around as long as I have.

LSW.com: So, aside from the talent changes, did anything else occur during the off-season?

Shawn: Actually, the biggest problem was our contract with USA. I want to make it very clear, LSW’s ratings were exceptional for a young fed. We were a tad under WWE Raw’s final ratings but higher than TNA iMPACT’s. But what made me walk away was that they wanted such control. Four 12 minute segments an hour, this much over-run, this much condensing…it was nonsense. The dispute to leave actually cause one of our main executives, Dusty Rhodes himself, to quit. It was a bad time.

LSW.com: One only hears the rumors, but no one knows the truth until the boss says it himself. So Showdown won’t be airing on TV anymore?

Shawn: TV just wasn’t allowing us to be creative as a federation and it wasn’t allowing wrestlers to go out there and tell the stories in the ring they wanted to tell. So I walked away. This season, we’re taking a house show philosophy seen on the Indy circuit. We’ll be having two weekends of events a month across the state of Texas, four shows total, and a PPV in The Alamo, once a month. Now, unlike the Indy scene, these shows quality won’t be diminished by not being televised. They’ll be full productions, with video crews, pyro and everything people have come to expect from LSW Showdown. But they’ll only be streaming on LSW.com. The PPVs will be the culmination of the house shows, but we really feel the feuds and matches will be fuller, more natural and organic even, without being stuck into the confines of primetime hell. I really think this approach is going to create a much richer federation.

LSW.com: What are we hearing about a shortened season?

Shawn: Now those rumors are true…LSW Season II will be only three months. The way I look at it, professional wrestling isn’t just a sport and it isn’t just a TV show. It’s more organic than that. It’s like a play. So we’re splitting it up like one. Season II will in essence be a three-act play. The first PPV will be the close of Act I, PPV II will be Act II and naturally, PPV III will be Act 3.

LSW.com: That’s definitely different. But I can’t hold back any longer. “Battle at the Alamo II”? The first one crowned the first LSW Champion, what will the second one do?

Shawn: One thing ol’ Vinny Mac did that I loved was the concept of Money in the Bank. What I didn’t like was the cluster of ladder matches that accompanied it. So instead, we’re going to have a tournament, a two-night tournament, to crown basically a Money in the Bank winner. The winner will be given a contract good for any time, any place, any where, to face Chris Jericho, or whoever may be LSW World Heavyweight Champion at the time.

LSW.com: That sounds great. When will the bracket be revealed?

Shawn: By the end of the week.

LSW.com: Excellent. One last thing; what’s the deal with the tag-line Genesis?

Shawn: (laughs) It seemed fitting. Lonestar Wrestling is changing. It’s not just the birth of something new for the company, it’s the birth of what will hopefully become a revolution for the industry as a whole.

LSW.com: Makes sense. Is there anything else you’d like to add.

Shawn: Just that I want all of you faithful fans to understand how much I appreciate you. And remember that the LSW is going to be one helluva show. I guarantee it.

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: LSW Season II: Genesis

*marks out and then wets himself in anticipation for more*
    Quote Originally Posted by African Mike
    I love it when Greg gets angry, it's like watching a Furbie going ape shit at some stupid kid

I <3 JESUS

vCash
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just marked the fuck on out. When you and I talk about your fed KJ, it's just one of those things that you know is great. I've never seen anyone as excited about their fed's future as you have been the last couple of months. Your stories (the ones you have filled me in on) are addictive and I can't wait to see them played out in writing. Good luck man, and you definitely have a reader in me.
    Follower of Christ.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KJ's back. Fuckin' A.

This looks amazing, man, and I'll definitely be reading.

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Credit: LSW.com

LSW Season I PPV Results

Open Range

LSW Heavyweight Championship

John Cena © def. Chris Jericho to retain the LSW Heavyweight Championship

LSW Tag Team Championship: Gauntlet Match for Vacant Title
    Matt Striker and CM Punk def. three other teams to win the vacant LSW Tag Team Championships

Fusion Division Championship: Finals
    Christian Cage def. AJ Styles to win the vacant Fusion Division Championship

Iron Division Championship: Finals
    Bryan Danielson def. William Regal to win the vacant Iron Division Championship

Sting def. Edge

Chris Benoit def. Brent Albright

High Noon

LSW Heavyweight Championship: Fatal Four-Way

John Cena © def Edge, Chris Jericho and Mr. Kennedy to retain the LSW Heavyweight Championship

LSW Tag Team Championship
    Christopher Daniels and Gregory Helms def. The Hooliganz and Matt Striker/CM Punk © to win the LSW Tag Team Championship

Iron Division/Fusion Division Championship: Winner Becomes Dual Champion
    Christian Cage © def. Bryan Danielson © to win the Iron Division Championship and become Dual Champion

William Regal def. Finlay

Samoa Joe def. Brent Albright

Johnny Jeter def. Carlito

Quickdraw

LSW World Heavyweight Championship

John Cena © def. Yugi Nagata to retain the LSW World Heavyweight Championship

Iron Division/Fusion Division Championship: Both Titles on the Line
    Christian Cage © def. Edge to retain the LSW Fusion and Iron Division Championships

The Hooliganz def. Gregory Helms and Christopher Daniels © to win the LSW Tag Team Championships

Number One Contendership: Tag Team Championship
    Murder City Machine Guns def. Matt Striker/CM Punk

Mr. Kennedy def. Chris Jericho

Gauntlet for the Gold
    Bryan Danielson/ Samoa Joe/Johnny Jeter/William Regal def. Carlito/Finlay/AJ Styles/Brent Albright

Unforgiven

John Cena © def. Edge to retain the LSW World Heavyweight Championship

The Hooliganz def. The Murder City Machine Guns to retain the LSW Tag Team Championships

Fusion/Iron Division Championship: Two Falls/One Per Belt
    Fall One: Johnny Jeter def. Christian Cage ©, Samoa Joe to win Fusion Division Championship
    Fall Two: Christian Cage © def. Johnny Jeter, Samoa Joe to retain Iron Division Championship

Matt Striker def. CM Punk

AJ Styles def. Bryan Danielson

William Regal def. Brent Albright

Chris Jericho and Austin Aries def. Mr. Kennedy and Carlito

Last Stand

Dead Alliance Finals
    Chris Jericho def. Mr. Kennedy

John Cena © def. Samoa Joe to retain the LSW World Heavyweight Championship

Deadly Alliance
    Chris Jericho/Mr. Kennedy def. CM Punk/Edge, William Regal/Bryan Danielson, Brent Albright/Christian Cage

Fusion Division Championship
    Johnny Jeter © def. Daniels to retain the LSW Fusion Division Championship

LSW Tag Team Championship: Street Fight
    The Hooliganz def. The Murder City Machine Guns

Austin Aries def. AJ Styles

Tombstone

Chris Jericho def. John Cena © to win the LSW World Heavyweight Championship

LSW Tag Team Championship: Ladder Match
    Murder City Machine Guns def. Helms/Daniels, The Hooliganz © to win the LSW Tag Team Championships

Fusion Division Championship
    Johnny Jeter © def. Matt Striker to retain the LSW Fusion Division Championship

Austin Aries def. Mr. Kennedy

Iron Division Championship
    William Regal def. Christian Cage ©, Bryan Danielson to win the LSW Iron Division Championship

Edge def. CM Punk

Samoa Joe def. AJ Styles

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSW Cast: Part I

Chris Jericho
    LSW World Heavyweight Champion
    The King of the World

“The King of the World” Chris Jericho burst onto the LSW scene at the organization’s first event, “The Battle at the Alamo.” Jericho immediately set his sights on the new LSW Champion John Cena, the very man who ended Jericho’s career in the old WWE. The two men waged war at the first PPV, Open Range, where Jericho’s fortitude won over the fan’s yet again, while Cena’s ruthless actions lost the support of his once-prized “Chain Gang.”

Despite coming up short, Jericho kept his eyes on the LSW Championship. For a while, Jericho’s title goals were swept to the side by Cena’s partner in crime, Mr. Kennedy. Kennedy and Jericho would wage war at LSW’s third PPV, Quickdraw, with Kennedy coming out on top. Jericho would gain a small measure of revenge the following month at Unforgiven when he and partner Austin Aries defeated the team of Mr. Kennedy and Carlito.

Jericho and Kennedy would meet again at the next PPV still, only this time both as friends and enemies. In the Deadly Alliance match, Kennedy and Jericho teamed together, knowing if they won, they’d face off as opponents for a title shot against LSW Champion John Cena at the last PPV of the season, Tombstone. Their common goals led them to victory in the Deadly Alliance match, but the true victory would be Jericho’s as he finally vanquished Mr. Kennedy in the Deadly Alliance finals, putting John Cena’s LSW World Heavyweight Championship firmly in his sights.

At Tombstone, John Cena seemed to have his sixth consecutive title defense at an LSW PPV sealed successfully. Jericho seemed to once again fall ever so short from regaining the top prize in the business. When all seemed to be said and done, a hurt Jericho was hoisted onto Cena’s shoulders, only to slide off and nail the Breakdown for the 1-2-3. As Jerichoholics around the world . In a show of respect that will remain in the mind of all LSW fans, John Cena himself raised Jericho’s hands, handing him the LSW World Heavyweight Championship.

In the dawn of a new season, Chris Jericho aims to show the world just why he is the Lonestar Wrestling World Heavyweight Champion. Only time will tell if the “King of the World” can remain on his throne.

Murder City Machine Guns
    LSW World Tag Team Champions
    Beautiful Disasters

Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin; The Murder City Machine Guns. These two men fit their name; murdering opponents with a flurry of kicks and strikes quicker than the eye can see. They are so in-synch, it’s actually frightening.

Already the Zero1-Max International Lightweight Tag Team Champions, the MCMG came into the LSW with one goal; becoming the LSW Tag Team Champions. The then-current champions, Bryan Kendrick and Paul London, better known as The Hooliganz, didn’t take too kindly to their boisterous claims. The two teams would clash on several occasions, including a Tag Team street fight, still considered to this day the most brutal LSW match in history.

At Tombstone, the MCMG would finally achieve their goal, defeating both the Hooliganz and former tag champs Gregory Helms and Christopher Daniels, in a fantastic ladder match.

While most champions would relish the off-season, the Murder City Machine Guns have no desire to lose their edge. Taking their LSW Tag Team Champions to Japan, Shelley and Sabin have defended it, as well as their Zero1-Max tag titles against all-comers, promising the same level of commitment in LSW’s second season.

William Regal
    Iron Division Champion

William Regal, the rough and tough grappler from across the Atlantic has long been known as one of the most technically gifted, and downright tough, wrestlers to ever step in the ring. The Iron Division seemed to be his calling. In a modern-day classic, Regal battled a man who would eventually become a prot&#233;g&#233; of sorts, Bryan Danielson, to become the first Iron Division Champion. While Danielson won, Regal showed why he is the real deal.

Regal would battle fellow European foe Finlay, as well as the disgruntled and confused Brent Albright, before finding his way back into the Iron Division title race. Both he and the man he called friend, Bryan Danielson, earned the right to face the brash Christian Cage for his Iron Division Championship at Tombstone.

While it was pure contempt for the Cage, Danielson and Regal would come to blows as well out of respect and ever-growing desire; desire to be the Iron Division Champ. In the end, Christian Cage would lose his beloved Iron Division title when Regal made him submit to the Regal Stretch.

While this storybook ending for the tough Brit seemed too good to be true…it may just be. LSW officials have learned William Regal aggravated an old back injury in the triple threat match at Tombstone. Rumors have run rampant he’s even been told the severity could force him into retirement, though nothing can be confirmed as of now.

No one can truly say what the future holds for the epitome of Iron, but William Regal will no doubt do everything he can to continue the same path he’s walked for over 20 years.

Johnny Jeter
    Fusion Division Champion
    The Thrillseeker

Johnny Jeter, the self-labeled “Thrillseeker”, is a man looking for a good adrenaline rush. While he exploded into the LSW with a bang, Johnny’s star seemed to sizzle out quickly. Wallowing in the bottom ranks of the LSW, the man so many critics called “the most exciting man on TV” seemed lost.

It turns out all he needed was a chance.

At High Noon, Jeter was part of the eight man tag known as the Gauntlet for the Gold. This innovative match had simple rules; the 8-man tag was elimination format. The surviving winners would be granted title shots of their choosing. Jeter and partner Samoa Joe would outlast everyone else. While Joe set his sights on the Iron Division Title, Jeter set his on the Fusion Division. While fans across the country cheered, one man sat quietly, contemplating his fate: Christian Cage.

Cage was both the current Fusion and Iron Division Champion and LSW Owner Shawn Michaels stated he would be defending both titles in a 2 falls triple threat match against Jeter and Joe. The winner of the first fall would become Fusion Division Champion, and the second fall would become Iron Division Champion. Jeter would go on to pin Cage in the first fall, but Cage would gain slight revenge, pinning Jeter to retain his Iron Division Title. Despite this loss, Jeter was still the new Fusion Champ.

His first challenge came when he faced a pioneer in the Fusion Division style, Christopher Daniels. Any critic that claimed Jeter’s title reign was a fluke were silenced when he successfully defended his title again Daniels, winning convincingly with his spectacular Johnny-Go-Round kick.

This victory, however, seemed to change Jeter. Gone was the young, confident wrestler, replaced with an arrogant, self-labeled “superstar.” Jeter’s arrogance led him to conflict with Matt Striker, a man who couldn’t stand what he labeled the “sickness” of the LSW. While Jeter won, he barely escaped with his title, leaving questions as to whether his new-found attitude will prove a godsend or his downfall.

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSW Cast: Part II-The Challengers

Christian Cage
    The Instant Classic

Christian Cage. The Instant Classic. Captain Charisma. As arrogant as he may be, it’s hard to deny his impressive resume. He was the first Fusion Division Champion, only to make history the next month by becoming the first dual-champion when he defeated Bryan Danielson to become the LSW Iron Division Champion.

All Cage wanted was the spotlight of the Main Event. Upon becoming the Iron and Fusion Champion, Cage claimed he was bigger then even the LSW World Heavyweight Champion, citing he had “two belts.” As Cage’s claims grew, so did the list of people looking to knock him off his mountain.

Cage only retained his titles over his brother Edge after a chair-shot when the referee was down allowed for an easy pinfall. He would lose his Fusion Division Title to current champion Johnny Jeter at Unforgiven, gaining a small measure of revenge when he pinned Jeter to retain the Iron Division Championship that same night.

As the season came to a close, Cage became the target of both William Regal and the man he dethroned to become Iron Division Champion, Bryan Danielson. While Cage seemed to think Regal was undeserving of even being in the ring with him, instead focusing on Danielson, it was Regal who would dethrone Cage, leaving him for the first time in six months, title-less.

With a new season up ahead, Christian Cage will no doubt have more gold on his mind. Rumors persist, though, that it isn’t Fusion or Iron Division gold on his mind. Instead, the Instant Classic is ready to take his next step towards greatness; the Lonestar Wrestling World Heavyweight Championship.

Edge
    The Rated R Superstar

Much like Chris Jericho, Edge came into the LSW venomously hated by the fans. Now, maybe only Jericho rivals him as the most beloved competitor in the fed. The Rated R Superstar entered the LSW with the same chip on his shoulder he left the WWE with. Taking his failures and frustrations out on wrestling legend Sting. Whenever a title opportunity arose for Sting or Edge, the other stood in the way. Eventually, the simmering feud exploded, and only Edge stood when it was finished.

With his enemy gone, Edge set his sights on a familiar enemy, then-LSW Heavyweight Champion John Cena. Edge met Cena in a fatal four-way, also featuring Jericho and Mr. Kennedy. In the weeks leading to the match, Edge garnered fan support in his refusal to lie down for Cena. While it was known he wasn’t reaching for the cheering fans, walking to the ring at High Noon to the screaming fans, one couldn’t help but notice the smile on Edge’s face.

While he came up short, Edge would move into a short-lived feud with his estranged brother Christian Cage. Again, Edge came up just short after a brutal chair shot, but the fans still rallied behind him. Edge earned himself another shot against John Cena at Unforgiven, only to lose thanks to the interference of Mr. Kennedy.

Edge would meet Kennedy in the Deadly Alliance match, but when distracted in rage by Mr. Kennedy’s antics on the apron, Edge was rolled up for the pin by Kennedy’s reluctant partner, Chris Jericho. Edge’s partner, the straight-edge superstar CM Punk, had claimed for weeks that Edge’s head wasn’t in the game. While Punk may have been right, he was determined to make a point, cracking Edge’s skull multiple times with a steel chair to remind him to stay focused.

At Tombstone, after four weeks of being out of action, Edge would get redemption, pinning CM Punk in the middle of the ring and delivering not one, not two, but THREE one man con-chair-tos to Punk’s skull to show that he was not to be trifled with.

Insiders claim that Edge still has only one goal on his mind; the World Title. One can’t help but feel Edge is like a man searching for the only home he’s ever known-that being a champion is his life. His endless quest will no doubt continue in Season II, but with the fans on his side, maybe Edge will finally be able to find his peace.

The Hooliganz
    Daredevils

Bryan Kendrick and Paul London personified exactly what tag team wrestling is for the LSW. While they didn’t start in the tag division, the former WWE and World Tag Team Champions soon banded together again and set their sights on the LSW Tag Team Championships. After two months, they’d finally achieved their goal, defeating Gregory Helms and Christopher Daniels in a fantastic triple threat match that also included former tag team champions Matt Striker and CM Punk.

For the next three months, The Hooliganz became embroiled in a feud with Motor City Machine Guns, while also fending off the former champions, Gregory Helms and Christopher Daniels. The Hooliganz held strong until they finally succumbed to the MCMG at Tombstone when the MCMG won the LSW Tag Titles in a Triple Threat ladder match.

While they may not still be the champions heading into Season II, betting that they won’t soon be wearing those titles again might not be a wise move.

Bryan Danielson
    The American Dragon

Bryan Danielson, widely considered the best pure wrestler in America, has had a tumultuous career in LSW. Things seemed to start off as good as can be, when he defeated William Regal to become the first Iron Division Champion. This victory would be bitter sweet, however, as just one month later, Danielson would lose the Iron Title to Christian Cage in a title vs. title match. Though he attempted to win the title back, he could never quite regain his title.

Danielson competed in the Gauntlet for the Gold, only to be eliminated by AJ Styles. Danielson again looked for revenge, but Styles’ shady tactics got the better of Danielson again at Unforgiven.

Danielson’s losing streak was only halted when William Regal, the man he defeated for the Iron Division Championship, entered his life again. With Regal’s encouragement, Danielson’s fire seemed to burn bright again. While the two teamed up for the Deadly Alliance match, they didn’t come out on top. That didn’t stop Danielson, as both he and Regal earned a shot at Cage’s Iron Division Championship; the title that had eluded Danielson for months. Going to war with his mentor, Regal, was done out of respect, but going to war with Cage…that was vengeance. In the end, it was Regal who came out on top, but Danielson seemed proud to see his friend riding high. Still though, without the gold he so strongly desired, what will Season II hold for Danielson as he enters watching his friend in the spotlight?

Samoa Joe
    The Samoan Submission Machine

He is professional wrestling. So goes the Samoan Submission Machine Samoa Joe’s motto. Fans across the country chant “Joe’s Gonna Kill You” when he enters the ring, and his opponents no doubt wish for death over the pain he inflicts on them. In his first match, Joe faced off against a man who’d challenged him out loud for weeks, Brent Albright. Albright’s defeat would be the first of many.

Joe soon found himself in title contention after surviving the Gauntlet for the Gold, but in the 2 Falls match with Jeter and Cage, but Joe was never involved in either pinfalls. Pleading his case to Michaels, Joe earned a right to face the LSW Heavyweight Champion John Cena. At Cena’s hands, Joe suffered his first loss, but that didn’t stop his fire.

Joe still ended the season strong with a great victory over the Phenomenal AJ Styles. Joe is more focused than ever as he heads into Season II, and he’s only got two things on his mind; gold and pain.

Mr. Kennedy
    …Kennedy…

You know his name. And if you don’t, he’ll make sure to tell you. Mr. Kennedy came into the LSW appearing as an enemy of LSW World Heavyweight Champion John Cena, but Kennedy shocked the world when one night later, he aligned with Cena, showing they’d truly pulled the wool over the fans eyes.

As Cena’s right hand man, Kennedy picked up where Cena left off, in a heated rivalry with Chris Jericho. For months, the two men waged war. It only ended the same night they teamed successfully at Deadly Alliance, only for Jericho to win the right to face John Cena.

At the final PPV, Tombstone, Kennedy faced off against a man he toured the indy circuit with; Austin Aries. Aries and Kennedy had battled for weeks, finally setting the score with Austin Aries coming out on top.

With several losses ending Season I, and no John Cena to stand beside in Season II, the future for the brash Mr. Kennedy seems uncertain.

CM Punk
    The Straight-Edge Superstar

In six months, CM Punk has changed from the fan-favorite to one of the most bitterly despised competitors in LSW. Teaming with Matt Striker, CM Punk won the LSW Tag Team Championships. But when they lost the titles one month later, tensions grew. While the team tried to win a number one contenders match against the LSW’s newest tag team, the Murder City Machine Guns, they still came up short. Punk took the frustrations out on Striker, even though it was him who was pinned.

The two former tag team engaged in a bitter war, with Striker coming out on top. Punk soon shifted his anger to his next tag team partner; his Deadly Alliance partner Edge. When Edge was pinned, Punk used a steel chair to remind him to stay focused, cracking Edge’s skull.

Edge would get the last laugh at Tombstone, when he not only beat CM Punk, but took a steel chair to his head with three con-chair-tos.

Since then, no one has heard from the straight-edge superstars, but LSW Owner Shawn Michaels assures he’ll be apart of Season II.

AJ Styles
    Phenomenal

AJ Styles, one of the most innovative wrestlers in the world, has proven to be asset to Lonestar Wrestling. But yet Styles hasn’t proven that he is a force to be reckoned with. His trophy case hosts no titles. His win-loss record doesn’t display the domination of others.

He’s had run-ins with Samoa Joe, Bryan Danielson and Austin Aries, to name a few. Only one of those three does he hold a victory over, and even that wasn’t due to skill, but rather shady tactics incorporated by lesser wrestlers.

One day, perhaps Styles will live up to his moniker. Everyone knows the day he does, we’re all in for something…phenomenal.

Matt Striker
    Your Teacher

Bitterness. Disgust. Hatred. Three words that can describe Matt Striker’s views on LSW’s wrestlers and fans alike. Once a fan-favorite, Striker rode high as one half of the tag team champions with CM Punk. But when they lost titles, Punk blamed Striker, despite the fact Striker was never pinned.

While Striker would gain the victory in the following match with CM Punk, something seemed to be changing in him as well. The former teacher turned wrestler wasn’t quite teaching any more. He didn’t seem to care to educate. He found the world around him beyond education. So he swore to save us.. His first target was Fusion Champion Johnny Jeter.

Jeter had begun exhibiting what Striker found to be “poor character traits.” While most fans would agree Jeter’s demeanor was changing, Striker’s forceful “lessons” involved more pain and ruthlessness than needed. Jeter barely scrapped by with title. Whether Matt Striker will be focused on Jeter come Season II, or if he’ll have a new target, remains to be seen. But take heed, because Matt Striker has come to save us all.

Austin Aries
    The Starr

Austin Aries has been on fire since entering the LSW. While he hasn’t been a champion, many say the time is still coming. In both Singles and Tag action, Aries has yet to be defeated, boasting victories over Christian Cage, Carlito, and AJ Styles.

Perhaps his biggest victory came over Mr. Kennedy at Tombstone, when Aries soundly defeated the man he’d once traveled the country with. Austin Aries has cemented his place on the LSW roster, and it’s just a matter of time before he cements himself into the future of LSW.

Carlito
    Caribbean Cool

Caribbean Cool himself, Carlito, found nothing but trouble in Season I. With a less than stellar win-loss record, Carlito has promised the world he’ll show why he is the biggest rising star in professional wrestling.

Some may snicker when they hear Carlito’s harsh words. How can a man “so cool” be filled with so much anger? Maybe the hatred will cool when the criticism does, but until than, Carlito might just be the most underrated, dangerous wrestler in LSW.

Franchise's WWE Network Franchise's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm loving this KJ. I remember reading some of Season I and if it's anything like that then it's going to be awesome. It was good reading up the results from the previous year too because the storylines you start with will probably relate to that and I will know what they mean. Good luck and stick with this!

Mess with E.C.3. and you're in for; Trouble, Trouble, Trouble, Trouble, Trouble, Trouble, Trouble....

ETHAN CARTER III - The Only UNDEFEATED WORLD CHAMPION in Wrestling!

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

vCash
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THIS SHOULD BE AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE!!~ STICKIED WITH MY CUM!!~

In all seriousness, I wish I had more free time to take back my "KJ Time" from jTj, because that was ours first and you know it...

I have a vague idea of the storylines, and all I can say is that I love your easy-to-read format and can't wait for things to get underway.

Mad love.
    : 04/02/11}:forever&always
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=121686

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Major Congrats on this so far KJ.

Everything looks superb, the way your building hype for the start of this season is great, keep up the great work man.

Thanks to Rad for the awesome banner!

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSW Title History

Chris Jericho

-Chris Jericho defeats John Cena (Tombstone)
    -John Cena defeats Edge and Sting (Battle at the Alamo)

William Regal

-William Regal defeats Christian Cage (Tombstone)
    -Christian Cage defeats Bryan Danielson (High Noon)
    -Bryan Danielson defeats William Regal (Open Range)

Johnny Jeter

-Johnny Jeter defeats Christian Cage (Unforgiven)
    -Christian Cage defeats AJ Styles (Open Range)

Murder City Machine Guns

-Murder City Machine Guns defeat The Hooliganz (Tombstone)
    -The Hooliganz defeat Christopher Daniels and Gregory Helms (Quickdraw)
    -Christopher Daniels and Gregory Helms defeat CM Punk and Matt Striker (High Noon)
    -CM Punk and Matt Striker win Tag Team Gauntlet (Open Range)

Kid Carter

Awesome hype. Now just get to the shows already as it seems (besides Jeter in my opinion) you have great champions with an awesome roster.

I can not wait.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You continue to amaze man, seriously.

Great GFX there, really gives everything that much more, if you get my drift.
    Thanks to Rad for the awesome banner!

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Battle for the Alamo II: Prelude

Day One

Chase Stevens vs. Austin Aries
    Paul London vs. Brian Kendrick
    Alex Shelley vs. MVP
    Bryan Danielson vs. AJ Styles

Chase Stevens or Austin Aries vs. Paul London or Brian Kendrick
    Alex Shelley or MVP vs. Bryan Danielson or AJ Styles

Day Two

Johnny Jeter vs. Andy Douglas
    Mr. Kennedy vs. Christian Cage
    Edge vs. Randy Orton
    Matt Striker vs. Chris Sabin

Johnny Jeter or Andy Douglas vs. Mr. Kennedy or Christian Cage
    Edge or Randy Orton vs. Matt Striker or Chris Sabin

Day Three

The semi-finals

Bonus Match: LSW World Heavyweight Championship
    Samoa Joe vs. Chris Jericho ©

The Finals
    (note: I just want to give credit to Jeff and Pizzle fo' Izzle for the amazing banners they've contributed.)

I <3 JESUS

vCash
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KJ, I know I've told you this off the record, but there is no reason why I couldn't do it again here.. this is just phenomenal. You've sort of talked to me about these storylines and well.. I don't think I've ever been so psyched to read a show or entire Fed since I came here. I can't wait to see the heights that this fed goes. Good luck, man.
    Follower of Christ.

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suspicions Confirmed: Regal Not Competing in “Battle at the Alamo II: Prelude”

When they brackets were released four days ago, there was one glaring hole in the list of competitors; Iron Division Champion William Regal.

It’s widely been rumored that Regal had re-aggravated a back injury he suffered in the early 2000s when he was competing in the World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) during the triple threat match where he finally captured the Iron Division Championship.

Regal declined comment, but LSW Owner Shawn Michaels stated that “An announcement on William Regal’s status will come when the time is right. As of now, there is nothing official, and Regal was merely held off the card at his own request.”

The owner’s words are less than reassuring for Regal’s case, but Michaels seems to want to snuff rumors of Regal’s retirement.

“Regal is a grizzled veteran who has strived to be the best for over two decades,” said Michaels. “Don’t jump to assumptions without any facts.”

Stay tuned to LSW.com for further updates on this breaking story.

The “Battle at the Alamo II: Prelude” begins Friday, November 30 and ends Saturday, December 2.

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by "Battle at the Alamo: Prelude" Night One
    Hey guys, just got back from “Battle at the Alamo II: Prelude” and damn, what a night.

First off, just wanted to say the set is still pretty much the same. Kind of has a RoH/ECW feel, but with a nice screen above it for all to see. Packed house.

1. Alex Shelley d. Montel Vontavious Porter. MVP had his traditional “NFL-style” entrance. Shelley came out wearing his LSW Tag Title and his Zero-One Tag Title. Very good match with the crowd firmly behind Shelley, despite MVP making his debut. Shelley gets the win with the Shell Shock.

2. Austin Aries d. Chase Stevens. Stevens got a respect pop, but compared to Aries, it’s like he wasn’t there. Aries dominated nearly the whole time, winning with the 450 splash.

3. Paul London d. Bryan Kendrick. The teammates came out and wrestled a very respectful match. They were each way over, being the hometown boys. Even all the way until the end, when London surprised Kendrick with a small package for the win.

4. Bryan Danielson d. AJ Styles. Styles came out to big heat, most heat of the night. The people still hate him from Season I. Danielson was way over as usual. Danielson locked on the cattle mutilation for the submission.

(Intermission-Brief intermission between round one and two. From my seat, I could just make out Shawn Michaels watching from behind the curtain. He was talking to some guy I didn’t recognize, but he looked like Cillian Murphy.)

5. Alex Shelley d. Paul London. What a match. These two have a storied past, and it didn’t take long for them to get angry. Lots of stiff kicks. Shelley worked on London’s shoulder continuously after London fell on it funny after a missed plancha to the floor. Shelley finally got the win with the Border City Stretch. After the match, Sabin and Kendrick came out for their respective partners, but nothing happened except a stare down.

6. Austin Aries d. Bryan Danielson. Austin Aries continued his unbeaten streak from Season 1 after a GREAT match. These guys were relentless, each nailing stiff chops, punches and head drops dangerous~! In the end, Aries broke out of a dragon suplex attempt and scored a roll-up on Danielson for the three.

After the match, Aries and Danielson shaked hands. Aries got on the mic and thanked us all for coming out and said to keep watching tomorrow and Sunday as he continues his quest to MITB.

Overall, awesome show. So glad I got tickets.

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by “Battle at the Alamo: Prelude” Night Two
    The screen showed clips of last night’s matches, before showing an advancement on the brackets. In the ring, Shawn said tonight we’re one step closer to crowning the new Mr. Money in the Bank.

1. Chris Sabin d. Matt Striker with the Cradle Shock.
    ~Before the match, Striker cut a promo talking about “the sickness” in the LSW. Not sure where that’s headed.
    ~Sabin was WAY over. Just like Shelley last night, he was carrying both his LSW and Zero One Tag Title.

2. Christian Cage d. Mr. Kennedy with the Unprettier.
    ~Kennedy started his traditional entrance, only to be cut off by Cage. Cage tried cutting a promo, only to be cut off by Kennedy.
    ~Both men heeled it up, but each still were getting spot pops throughout the crowd.
    ~Cage was mouthing “Money in the Bank” on his way to the back. Seemed to be bleeding a little from the mouth.

3. Johnny Jeter d. Andy Douglas with the Johnny-Go-Round.
    ~Douglas looked real sharp, but Jeter just looks flawless right now. I was real shocked to see Douglas nail a Lyger Bomb, which got a huge pop.
    ~Jeter arrogantly kissed his Fusion Division Championship as he walked to the back.

4. Edge d. Randy Orton with the Downward Spiral.
    ~Edge was the most over guy of the night; Orton was probably the most hated. His entrance was so over the top with the pyro and posing.
    ~Unlike MVP last night, Orton’s debut wasn’t embraced at all.
    ~Edge walked to the back holding his neck as a result of the rKo he took.

(Intermission-Orton came back out and ran down the crowd, adding even more heat. I was still cheering for Randy, but it’s an STL thing.)

5. Christian Cage d. Johnny Jeter with the frogsplash.
    ~Damn good match. Cage tried cheating a bit, but Jeter did too.
    ~Cage nailed his big-time frogsplash after Jeter’s attempt at springboard plancha resulted in a dropkick to the chest.

6. Edge d. Chris Sabin with the spear.
    ~Exciting match, with Sabin heeling it up a bit trying to make up for the size difference.
    ~Edge was way over when he won. The fans went nuts knowing tomorrow will feature Edge versus Christian Cage.

Shawn Michaels came out and thanked us for coming again and reminded us that not only will we crowd a Money in the Bank tomorrow, but Chris Jericho will make his first title defense against none other than Samoa Joe!

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by “Battle at the Alamo: Prelude” Night Three
    So what started as a beautiful Sunday afternoon in San Antonio, Texas has turned into one helluva confusing night for this Lonestar Wrestling Fan…

But first…my results as I wrote them.

Shawn opened again, saying at the end of the night, he was going to present either Aries, Shelley, Cage or Edge with the Money in the Bank briefcase.

1. Austin Aries d. Alex Shelley with the brain buster/450 combo. Awesome, awesome, AWESOME match. Aries just looks unstoppable right now and he’s SO over.

2. Christian Cage d. Edge with the a roll-up and feet on the ropes. The “brothers” were unmerciful. There’s definitely no love loss between the former WWE and NWA Champs. Edge went for a spear, but Cage leap frogged it and Edge smacked his shoulder into the steel ring post. Cage quickly rolled him up and put his feet on the ropes for extra-leverage,

So it’ll be Cage vs. Aries for the MITB, but first…

3. Chris Jericho d. Samoa Joe with the Codebreaker. Jesus Christ. This had shades of Benoit/Jericho all over it. The match spilled to the outside, and you’d swear these guys had hated each other for years. By the end of the match, each man was bleeding (Jericho from his forehead after a SICK boot by Joe and Joe from his nose after Jericho dropkicked the back of his head into the ring post on the floor). Joe nearly got the tap with the choke, but Jericho managed to slide his foot to the rope. Joe went for a muscle buster, but Jericho battled out of it and nailed a missile drop kick, but he didn’t knock Joe down. Jericho tried another running dropkick, but Joe still didn’t fall. That’s when Jericho nailed the code breaker, finally getting Joe down for the three count. After the match, Jericho helps Joe up and the two shake hands and embrace with a hug in the middle of the ring.

The Money in the Bank briefcase is brought down to ringside and is resting right outside the ring. Jericho has a towel on his head, refusing to go see the paramedics, instead electing to watch the finals.

4. MITB Finals: Christian Cage d. Austin Aries after delivering a shot with the briefcase to the head. The match was back and forth, with Aries looking great, but Cage also looking excellent in the ring. Cage was continuously jawing with Jericho, while Aries remained focused. Eventually, Jericho slapped Cage on the outside. Cage fired back with a right hand and the ref quickly split them up. While the ref was occupied, Aries got a shot in on Cage, only for Cage to low blow him. Cage grabbed the briefcase and clocks Aries with it. Cage throws it down and quickly rolls Aries into the ring. He yells at the ref and the ref slides in unbeknownst to what happened, and Cage ends Aries undefeated streak, becoming the NEW Money in the Bank.

After the match, Cage celebrated proudly, hoisting the briefcase high in the air. He calls for a mic and cuts down all the superstars in the back, Aries and Jericho himself. Cage says he’s been the Fusion Champion, he’s been the Iron Champion and now, he’ll become the LSW World Heavyweight Champion whenever he damn well pleases. But the one thing he wants is that dirty sonuva bitch Shawn Michaels to raise his damn hand like he said he would.

Michaels doesn’t come, and Cage asks again. Cage is screaming, when suddenly, we see a commotion on the big screen. People are clearing out of the way except for one man yelling to be let go by LSW security. He’s screaming he didn’t do it.

The camera pushes through the people and we see Shawn Michaels laying on the ground, with the remains of a broken car window lying around him. There’s a hole in the windshield from where his head went through. The entire crowd is silent - the only sound is the man held against the wall. Even Jericho and Cage are silent and confused, watching the blood trickle from Shawn’s head (though Cage had a bit of a sinister smirk on his face).

Oh, and the man pleading his innocence.

Spoiler

What a night. Wow. I can’t WAIT for Act I.

I <3 JESUS

vCash
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FUCKING AWESOME. I just finished reading the results from the three nights. I must say, this is just damn awesome.

- The different styles of review for the different people is just crazy. I love it, hopefully we see some full written shows down the road sometime.

- Christian Cage winning MITB was the highlight of the shows for me.

- I absolutely love the mixture of known WWE/TNA guys with the wrestlers of the much smaller ROH. Everyone appears to just have perfect chemistry.

- Not much to note... other than...

- Codey Rhodes/Shawn Michaels situation. That's intense. The car is a little overplayed, but you did it well. I can't wait to see where this one is going.

Overall, for internet web board posting results, this was just great. Good job man.
    Follower of Christ.

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

vCash
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read through these as soon as they were posted and don't know why I didn't post a review at that time...

Now it looks like Jeff's tighter with you than I am, but whatever...

I agree that varying the style of internet report from night to night was a subtle yet brilliant touch that lends all sorts of authenticity to this season so far. I forgot that this was a tournament to award the Money in the Bank, so I was initially confused about why so many lower tier wrestlers were involved. Once I figured out what was what though, I was on board.

I'm still loving your Christian. I thought Edge was heel coming out of last season, but I could be wrong, and I forget what storylines you have planned for him. Him and Christian meeting in the semifinals though gave me a hard-on, and I want to see more develop between the two this season.

I'm also rooting for Aries. Somehow, you've got me backing him hardcore.

Also, I can't remember if Jericho is heel or face. I think last season ended with a double-turn, right? So Jericho is face? Regardless, I enjoyed his match against Joe. I was picturing Benoit vs. Jericho RR2001, minus the ladder.

As usual, your format offers just enough detail for me to know everything I need to know but doesn't bog down the pace with extraneous writing. It's brisk, and a full read goes quicker than skimming a typical show. So that's always a plus.

My only qualm was Cody Rhodes being the man pleading his innocence. Look at him. He's too scrawny and naive-looking to do anything malicious. I can't remember his storylines, but I would've rather seen a bigger name just for the shock factor. Also, I think Shawn Michaels' cranium has a magnetic attraction to windshield glass.

Overall, fun and easy-to-read stuff. That's the formula to keep me coming back!

: 04/02/11}:forever&always
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=121686

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys.

There will be full shows at some point and time (hopefully), but it's not as important to me as getting out shows regularly.

The windshield thing...you'll see. That's all I'm saying. That means of attacking Shawn was designed with one piece of dialogue in mind.

And Cody Rhodes...who'd of thunk it, right?

Oh, and Edge and Jericho are both faces, Pizzle Izzle. Oh, and don't worry, no one's tighter than you Pizzle...er...what?

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got caught up on this myself, and....damn. Loving it. Love how you do recaps as if they were actual reports from people watching the show.

And as far as who attacked Michaels, I'm thinking either Stone Cold or Mick Foley. But that's just me.
    I love it when Greg gets angry, it's like watching a Furbie going ape shit at some stupid kid

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Went through this again, pulling out what I thought were some possible hints as to the identity of Michaels attacker.
    -----------------------------------

“Brent Albright has decided to step away to handle some personal issues for the time being.”

- WHAT personal problems? Hmmmm…

“With the collapse of my “old buddy” Triple H’s ESW, we’ll be bringing in a couple new superstars.”

- Maybe it was Michaels fault ESW collapsed…

“Actually, the biggest problem was our contract with USA…. But what made me walk away was that they wanted such control. Four 12 minute segments an hour, this much over-run, this much condensing…it was nonsense. The dispute to leave actually cause one of our main executives, Dusty Rhodes himself, to quit. It was a bad time.”

- Maybe Rhodes was the attacker. Or someone still inside the company who was paid by USA. Or someone who didn’t like that they weren’t going to be on Primetime TV.

“Stevens got a respect pop, but compared to Aries, it’s like he wasn’t there”

- Maybe he feels underappreciated, and attacked Michaels to try to get some respect.

“From my seat, I could just make out Shawn Michaels watching from behind the curtain. He was talking to some guy I didn’t recognize, but he looked like Cillian Murphy”

- Michael’s assailant, possibly?

“~Before the match, Striker cut a promo talking about “the sickness” in the LSW. Not sure where that’s headed.”

- Maybe Striker thought Michaels was the source of the sickness?

“Even Jericho and Cage are silent and confused, watching the blood trickle from Shawn’s head (though Cage had a bit of a sinister smirk on his face).”

- Cage couldn’t have attacked Michaels himself, but he still could have orchestrated it. But….why?

“Oh, and the man pleading his innocence.

Cody Rhodes?!?”

- Maybe he was with his dad when Dusty attacked Michaels. Dusty ran away, Cody stayed to check on Michaels, security came along and BAM! That’s why they thought he did it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heartbreak and Triumph?

While the Battle at the Alamo: Prelude was full of surprises, none shocked the world like LSW Owner Shawn Michaels being found driven through the windshield of a car in the parking lot, while Cody Rhodes, son of wrestling legend Dusty Rhodes, pled his innocence.

Cody Rhodes, however, had no right to be at Battle at the Alamo. He’s not a contracted performer, nor was he an invited guest. But was he the attacker? All the evidence definitely points his way.

But who else could it be? In the ring, as the startling images of Michaels laying in his own blood flashed on the big screen, Christian Cage, the new Mr. Money in the Bank, watched confused…but one couldn’t help but notice the small smirk on his face. It was no secret that Cage and Michaels had quite a few run-ins last season, but with the new year beginning on a blank slate, why would Cage draw this attention on himself?

Whoever it is, we won’t be able to find out from Shawn Michaels for quite awhile. Michaels is still listed as in critical condition. No word yet on who will be filling in his place during his absence.

There’s no doubt more information will become available as Season II progresses, and we’ll be sure to provide you with more information as it does.

Thread Information