Thread: Tully Blanchard vs JBL saga

Default Tully Blanchard vs JBL saga

I went to Meltzer for some incite on what Tully Blanchard is doing these days and he had no information for me. So my next move was to go to Meltzers very own source for wrestling news.

Wikipedia.
    It was reported on October 23, 2006, that Blanchard was working for World Wrestling Entertainment as a Road Agent/Producer. On November 3, Dave Meltzer reported that Blanchard had a confrontation with JBL that caused him to quit. JBL claimed that Blanchard had treated him like crap when he first got into wrestling and referred to Blanchard in a public setting in front of lots of people as a drug addict, cheater, liar, and a hypocrite who used God to make money. On November 6, Mike Johnson from PWInsider.com reported that Blanchard has resigned his position, citing numerous reasons for his wanting to leave, with the incident with JBL cited as one of the reasons. On November 8, Blanchard claimed (via the Between the Ropes wrestling radio show), he simply wasn't as passionate about the business as he once was and could not deliver the commitment World Wrestling Entertainment would surely expect of him. He came to this conclusion upon pondering Chris Benoit's backstage question: "Do you miss it?" Blanchard believes his prison ministry is now his true passion, despite having an existing "Legend" contract still in place with World Wrestling Entertainment. He appeared prominently in the 2007 DVD Ric Flair and the Four Horsemen.

I came across this section when trying to find out what Blanchard was doing these days. Tully had his well known problems in the late eighties that eventually lead to his career hitting rock bottom. Blanchard then found savior in religion and preaching the gospel to inmates in a correction facility. The man seems to have made a major effort to move on from his addictions and to help others. Helping others was probably the main reason he joined up with WWE as a road agent in 2006.

What bugs me is JBL, who is known to be bully within the company, because he felt he wasn't treated right by Blanchard 20 years ago doesn't personally confront the man to discuss their issue like men, but he decides to try to publicly humiliate Tully for things he's worked hard to overcome. Then he capped it off by saying he used GOD to make money. That to me showed what a classy individual JBL is and if this is true I have no respect at all for a man like him.

This isn't meant to be religious discussion, but a discussion if JBL went to far with his vindication.

Default Re: Tully Blanchard vs JBL saga

I didn't know there was heat between Blanchard and Bradshaw. Bradshaw has a right to feel the way he does about Blanchard, but there was a better way to handle that.

badstreetusa

what supposedly happened between JBl and Tully anyways?

reckless

doesn't surprise me anybody that takes advatage of someone in the ring repeatly is a piece of shit. Public enemy anyone the blue meanie. Bradshaw deserves to be in match and have someone shoot on him and paralize him stand over him and piss in his mouth and kick in the balls.

Gaberlunzie Jackanapes RINGKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reckless
    doesn't surprise me anybody that takes advatage of someone in the ring repeatly is a piece of shit. Public enemy anyone the blue meanie. Bradshaw deserves to be in match and have someone shoot on him and paralize him stand over him and piss in his mouth and kick in the balls.
    There is nobody that needs to have that done to them purposely, no matter who they are. By you actually saying this puts you on a level that a poster should never be. Saying someone needs to be paralyzed because of some of his past actions and decisions is uncalled for.

I for one don't agree with any of Bradshaws actions and inapproriate behavior, but this crossed a line.

And I had no idea Blanchard was even employed with the "E". I'm sure it was just a position to get him in so he would do some work on the Horsemen DVD, but I'm probably wrong. JBL seems upset that Blanchard actually accomplished more in his time in wrestling, other than JBL's run as World Champ, and seems bitter that some old wrestler probably was getting more attention than him.

Banner by-ThreadKiller

On a personal level I think JBL is piece of shit. He's an ass kissin unprofessional bully. Some people like them and thats but i wont like him. I think what he did to public enemy and especialy meanie were exremely low. I found his title run to be boring and while people say they watched more smackdown because of it i didn't like it and I watched even less. After finding this out my opinion of JBL just git even lower. In wrestling people really hold grudges, no matter how someone can change thier life for the better people can still hate them for something they may not have done today that they did 20 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    And, there's that off chance the WWE audience may take to him and WWE still might disagree because reasons.

Thread Information