Thread: Shawn Michaels vs Diesel Wrestlemania 11

Default Shawn Michaels vs Diesel Wrestlemania 11

Wrestlemania 11 perhaps can be classified as the worst Wrestlemania in History, but i have to say that the match betwen Shawn Michaels and Diesel wasnt that bad.. I actually think this was a pretty decent match that saw two wrestlers with completely differnt styles mesh well together. The only bad thing about the match was the botched powerbomb where Shawn Michaels landed on his ass, but other than that the match went well. so give your opion on this match.

By the way just want to let everybody know that i actually attend Wrestlemania 11 making it the only Wrestlemania that i atended. Boy did I pick a bad one to attended

Default Re: Shawn Michaels vs Diesel Wrestlemania 11

it was a good match. I really enjoyed. Should have gone last.
    DVD Clearout: Raw, Smackdown, Nitro, Thunder, ECW TV, TNA Impact. MUST GO. PM me for details

all i will say is the match was good, nash should of called to the crowd for "one more" to help cover the botched finish, and its a crime a football player and midcarder went on last to the wwf champion and rumble winner.
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

abcdefg

Vince probably figured that having a "public figure" in the main event would make it the most anticipated match and draw a bigger audience....who knows

Back in the days, Wrestlemanias were known to have celebs participate in the event in one way or another...but in this case, a very bad choice, similar to David Arquette winning the WCW title...

Snitskymark

I really enjoyed it but it isn't in Diesel's top 5 and it isn't in Shawn's top 20.

It SHOULD have gone last it would have made the show a little bit better.

The match started off great but was a little too long and started to drag about halfway in. The typical "big man vs. little man" dynamic worked well, with Shawn doing a good job of bumping for Diesel's offense. Also, Shawn's work on Diesel's ribs was smart made helped even out the playing field in a realistic manner. Shawn's high spots were impressive and exciting, but made Diesel look bad in comparrison and stole some of his heat. The match really started to slow down near the finish and Shawn's visible pin was poorly executed. In addition, Diesel's comeback was pretty weak and Shawn's head didn't even come close to the exposed turnbuckle. Overall, it was a decent match but not nearly as good as some claim it is. PWI rated it as the Match of the Year, but Shawn and Diesel each had at least two matches in 1995 that were better.

The backdrop Shawn took in that match though....damn.

Bret ripped into Shawn in his shoot about this match. He said Shawn's offence was too 'faceish' and he didn't play the heel well.

Wingman

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood*
    Bret ripped into Shawn in his shoot about this match. He said Shawn's offence was too 'faceish' and he didn't play the heel well.
    I can understand this argument if Shawn was facing someone his own size, but the only way to make the fans believe that HBK was going to beat a 7' man is for him to take some high risk moves. HBK wasn't your typical heel, he got most of his heat by the way he acted not the moves in the ring. HBK could get his heat back at almost anytime in a match.

I really like this match. HBK has always been my favorite wrestler and I really thought that he might win his first title that night. The match should have gone on last for sure.

hartattack

it was a good match but lacked climactic drama

Quote Originally Posted by Wingman
    I can understand this argument if Shawn was facing someone his own size, but the only way to make the fans believe that HBK was going to beat a 7' man is for him to take some high risk moves. HBK wasn't your typical heel, he got most of his heat by the way he acted not the moves in the ring. HBK could get his heat back at almost anytime in a match.

I really like this match. HBK has always been my favorite wrestler and I really thought that he might win his first title that night. The match should have gone on last for sure.
    Yeah I wansn't agreeing with Bret I was just highlighting what he said. Bret came off a little bitter would you believe.

Gator

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood*
    Yeah I wansn't agreeing with Bret I was just highlighting what he said. Bret came off a little bitter would you believe.
    Bret bitter at HBK? No way!
    I have not watched this match, actually have seen very little of Nash during his WWF run, but I plan to watch this soon.

I think Bret was right in what he said.

In fairness to Shawn, it was shit booking on the companys part anyway, but he did come across as too much of a face. It wasn't a great match but decent nontheless.

Not much else to say, as usual with Wrestlemania 11. Pile of horse shite.
    You sit there and you thump your bible and you say your prayers and it didn't get you anywhere.

Yeah it was a terrible event and IMO it was the best match on the card that night.

Excellence of Execution Slyfox696's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wingman

I haven't seen the match in a while, but there are certainly more than one way to take a big guy down. Using high risk moves as a heel steals face pops away from you face opponent.

It's not hard either. Face beats you down, you cheat somehow, to get the offensive. Then, you go to work on the legs of the big guy. Keep him on the mat. Stay out of reach of his hands. Use your speed to stay away from the bigger man's offense.

It's not hard to work a small man heel's offense against a big man face.

abcdefg

Perhaps, Shawn knowing that the next night, he would in some way be turned into a FACE when Sid would turn on him, was beginning to have the FACE mentality.

Thread Information